Tuesday, September 06, 2011
FamilyNet has also acquired the rights to the recently canceled game show Don't Forget the Lyrics! airing it weekdays 7-8pm and 3-4am. It will also air Saturdays at 5:30pm. Current series airing in weekdays The New Flipper, Lost in Space and Lou Grant will be leaving the line-up. Now the series they added in September will still remain in October as well. I Spy, the Robert Culp-Bill Cosby '60s series will air weekdays at 8am ET still but the 1am ET will move to 11pm ET after Remington Steele. The fun series will still air Saturdays at 3pm and late night on Sundays at 2am. Half-hour series The Lone Wolf from the '50s will air weekdays at 6:30am and British series The Saint from the '60s will air weekdays in the 7am ET and 12am ET hours, paired with I Spy. Canadian series The Beachcombers will remain weekdays in the 3pm ET hour and The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93, will continue to air Saturdays at 4-5pm ET.
View the FULL FamilyNet Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet, as we are certainly happy that sitcoms have returned to the network. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name on Sept. 19. We still cannot reveal what the name is yet so you'll have to stay with us! We can tell you they will be adding some classic series programming again! Stay tuned!
Last Thursday we mentioned a BET sitcom stunt happening on Saturday, Oct. 1 from a sitcom that last aired on BET in 2008. That is still happening, but the series will join the schedule now starting TODAY (Tuesday, Sept. 6)! So we will reveal that series right now. The sitcom The Parkers will return to BET and air weekdays in the 11am ET hour replacing an hour of The Jamie Foxx Show, which remains at noon. The Parkers will also air weekdays in the 5pm ET hour and BET will begin with season three episodes. "Heeyyy!" The marathon that we hinted last week is indeed The Parkers and will air Saturday, Oct. 1 from 8am-8pm. The Parkers aired on UPN from 1999-2004 and was a spin-off of Moesha that starred Mo'Nique and Countess Vaughn.
We are not revealing the BET Fall 2011 schedule yet, because they have a new series joining the line-up in October. We will reveal what that is soon, but we can tell you that they have never aired the series before! Also, we will reveal sister network Centric's Fall 2011 schedule soon, too. Stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 24
Last Man Standing - "School Merger" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Chuck debate the merits of a local ballot measure merging their upscale neighborhood high school with one in the inner city. For Halloween, Ryan dresses up Boyd as a lump of coal – another reminder to Vanessa how her job as a geologist may be hurting the environment.
Cristela - "Mr. Felix and Ms. Daniela" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Daniela’s friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny, tensions flare between the two sisters and surprisingly it is Felix who brings them back together. Meanwhile, Alberto tries to get closer to Cristela in an unexpected way.
Friday, October 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new autobiography on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy talks about the legacy of her late husband, John Ritter, and the foundation created in his honor on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step) - Suzanne chats on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Analeigh Tipton (Manattan Love Story) - Analeigh is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks A Delicate Balance on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny chats about her book (Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I've Ever Been) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.