Tuesday, September 06, 2011
FamilyNet has also acquired the rights to the recently canceled game show Don't Forget the Lyrics! airing it weekdays 7-8pm and 3-4am. It will also air Saturdays at 5:30pm. Current series airing in weekdays The New Flipper, Lost in Space and Lou Grant will be leaving the line-up. Now the series they added in September will still remain in October as well. I Spy, the Robert Culp-Bill Cosby '60s series will air weekdays at 8am ET still but the 1am ET will move to 11pm ET after Remington Steele. The fun series will still air Saturdays at 3pm and late night on Sundays at 2am. Half-hour series The Lone Wolf from the '50s will air weekdays at 6:30am and British series The Saint from the '60s will air weekdays in the 7am ET and 12am ET hours, paired with I Spy. Canadian series The Beachcombers will remain weekdays in the 3pm ET hour and The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93, will continue to air Saturdays at 4-5pm ET.
View the FULL FamilyNet Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet, as we are certainly happy that sitcoms have returned to the network. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name on Sept. 19. We still cannot reveal what the name is yet so you'll have to stay with us! We can tell you they will be adding some classic series programming again! Stay tuned!
Last Thursday we mentioned a BET sitcom stunt happening on Saturday, Oct. 1 from a sitcom that last aired on BET in 2008. That is still happening, but the series will join the schedule now starting TODAY (Tuesday, Sept. 6)! So we will reveal that series right now. The sitcom The Parkers will return to BET and air weekdays in the 11am ET hour replacing an hour of The Jamie Foxx Show, which remains at noon. The Parkers will also air weekdays in the 5pm ET hour and BET will begin with season three episodes. "Heeyyy!" The marathon that we hinted last week is indeed The Parkers and will air Saturday, Oct. 1 from 8am-8pm. The Parkers aired on UPN from 1999-2004 and was a spin-off of Moesha that starred Mo'Nique and Countess Vaughn.
We are not revealing the BET Fall 2011 schedule yet, because they have a new series joining the line-up in October. We will reveal what that is soon, but we can tell you that they have never aired the series before! Also, we will reveal sister network Centric's Fall 2011 schedule soon, too. Stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.