Tuesday, September 06, 2011
FamilyNet has also acquired the rights to the recently canceled game show Don't Forget the Lyrics! airing it weekdays 7-8pm and 3-4am. It will also air Saturdays at 5:30pm. Current series airing in weekdays The New Flipper, Lost in Space and Lou Grant will be leaving the line-up. Now the series they added in September will still remain in October as well. I Spy, the Robert Culp-Bill Cosby '60s series will air weekdays at 8am ET still but the 1am ET will move to 11pm ET after Remington Steele. The fun series will still air Saturdays at 3pm and late night on Sundays at 2am. Half-hour series The Lone Wolf from the '50s will air weekdays at 6:30am and British series The Saint from the '60s will air weekdays in the 7am ET and 12am ET hours, paired with I Spy. Canadian series The Beachcombers will remain weekdays in the 3pm ET hour and The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93, will continue to air Saturdays at 4-5pm ET.
View the FULL FamilyNet Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet, as we are certainly happy that sitcoms have returned to the network. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name on Sept. 19. We still cannot reveal what the name is yet so you'll have to stay with us! We can tell you they will be adding some classic series programming again! Stay tuned!
Last Thursday we mentioned a BET sitcom stunt happening on Saturday, Oct. 1 from a sitcom that last aired on BET in 2008. That is still happening, but the series will join the schedule now starting TODAY (Tuesday, Sept. 6)! So we will reveal that series right now. The sitcom The Parkers will return to BET and air weekdays in the 11am ET hour replacing an hour of The Jamie Foxx Show, which remains at noon. The Parkers will also air weekdays in the 5pm ET hour and BET will begin with season three episodes. "Heeyyy!" The marathon that we hinted last week is indeed The Parkers and will air Saturday, Oct. 1 from 8am-8pm. The Parkers aired on UPN from 1999-2004 and was a spin-off of Moesha that starred Mo'Nique and Countess Vaughn.
We are not revealing the BET Fall 2011 schedule yet, because they have a new series joining the line-up in October. We will reveal what that is soon, but we can tell you that they have never aired the series before! Also, we will reveal sister network Centric's Fall 2011 schedule soon, too. Stay with us!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.