Tuesday, September 06, 2011
FamilyNet has also acquired the rights to the recently canceled game show Don't Forget the Lyrics! airing it weekdays 7-8pm and 3-4am. It will also air Saturdays at 5:30pm. Current series airing in weekdays The New Flipper, Lost in Space and Lou Grant will be leaving the line-up. Now the series they added in September will still remain in October as well. I Spy, the Robert Culp-Bill Cosby '60s series will air weekdays at 8am ET still but the 1am ET will move to 11pm ET after Remington Steele. The fun series will still air Saturdays at 3pm and late night on Sundays at 2am. Half-hour series The Lone Wolf from the '50s will air weekdays at 6:30am and British series The Saint from the '60s will air weekdays in the 7am ET and 12am ET hours, paired with I Spy. Canadian series The Beachcombers will remain weekdays in the 3pm ET hour and The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93, will continue to air Saturdays at 4-5pm ET.
View the FULL FamilyNet Fall 2011 schedule. Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet, as we are certainly happy that sitcoms have returned to the network. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name on Sept. 19. We still cannot reveal what the name is yet so you'll have to stay with us! We can tell you they will be adding some classic series programming again! Stay tuned!
Last Thursday we mentioned a BET sitcom stunt happening on Saturday, Oct. 1 from a sitcom that last aired on BET in 2008. That is still happening, but the series will join the schedule now starting TODAY (Tuesday, Sept. 6)! So we will reveal that series right now. The sitcom The Parkers will return to BET and air weekdays in the 11am ET hour replacing an hour of The Jamie Foxx Show, which remains at noon. The Parkers will also air weekdays in the 5pm ET hour and BET will begin with season three episodes. "Heeyyy!" The marathon that we hinted last week is indeed The Parkers and will air Saturday, Oct. 1 from 8am-8pm. The Parkers aired on UPN from 1999-2004 and was a spin-off of Moesha that starred Mo'Nique and Countess Vaughn.
We are not revealing the BET Fall 2011 schedule yet, because they have a new series joining the line-up in October. We will reveal what that is soon, but we can tell you that they have never aired the series before! Also, we will reveal sister network Centric's Fall 2011 schedule soon, too. Stay with us!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, April 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fermentation Bifurcation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The gang goes to a wine bar and runs into Penny’s old boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith). Also, Bernadette gets stuck spending the evening with Sheldon when she can’t go wine tasting with the group, and things don’t go as planned when Koothrappali introduces his new girlfriend, Claire (Alessandra Torresani).
The Odd Couple - "Madison & Jon" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oscar’s dream comes true when he is asked to throw out the first pitch at a New York Mets game. Also, Felix surprises Oscar and invites his father to be there for the big day. Original series creator Garry Marshall guest stars as Oscar’s father, Walter Madison.
Mom - "A Catheter and a Dispy-Doodle" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite being extremely ill, Christy insists on taking her final exams. Also, Bonnie is furious when she suspects her boyfriend, Adam (William Fichtner), is cheating on her.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Partnership Hits the Fan" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When a law firm courting Randy (Ed Quinn) for a job invites Randy and Max to dinner at a hip new restaurant, the evening veers off course when their eclectic cuisine doesn’t sit well with Max.
Thursday, April 28
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick is a musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Catch Judy on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Chris Gethard (Broad City/Big Lake) - Chris is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zoey Deutch (The Suite Life on Deck) - Zoey drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse gives Mario Batali the scoop on his new Broadway role in Fully Committed on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David gives dating advice on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stacy Keach (Crowded/Titus) - Stacy is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena and Susan Sarandon reunite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thelma & Louise on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton is a guest on People Now.
- George Hamilton (Jenny) - George appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.