Thursday, November 10, 2011
TeenNick Brings Back Full House; TV Land Schedules King of Queens Marathon, Starts Production On Retired at 35 Season 2
TeenNick has brought back Full House from its hiatus as of Tuesday (Nov. 8). The series returned last minute and is airing every morning for two-hours from 5-7am ET and is airing in order from the very first episode.
You wanted it back on the line-up? You got it dude! Full House is replacing an hour each of Malcolm in the Middle and The Amanda Show. Those series are still on the line-up at other times, with Malcolm in the Middle weekdays in the 11pm hour and The Amanda Show now has been expanded in the afternoons, airings weekdays from 2-4pm. TeenNick has also scheduled an Amanda Show marathon this coming weekend (Nov. 11-12) on Saturday from 4-7pm and on Sunday from 1-5pm. There are no other changes to the line-up, so you can still watch "The '90s Are All That Block" on TeenNick every night starting at 12 midnight.
The hit Emmy® award-nominated sitcom The King of Queens will get the royal treatment when TV Land airs a marathon to honor the show joining its line-up. The series joined the line-up on Monday, Oct. 24, as we told you, but it never got a launch marathon. So, the kick-off marathon will air on Sunday, November 13 from 9:00pm to 2:00am ET/PT, which we also hinted about back on Oct. 24. The sitcom has settled in nicely in its regular timeslot starting at 11:00pm ET/PT. Set in the working class suburb of Queens, The King of Queens follows amiable delivery man Doug Heffernan (Kevin James) and his wife Carrie (Leah Remini), a spitfire legal secretary, as they explore the everyday challenges of love, life, family and marriage. Doug and Carrie also have to deal with a third, high-maintenance member of the Heffernan household – Carrie's twice-widowed father, Arthur Spooner (Jerry Stiller), who resides in their basement. With Arthur's constant presence and often bizarre behavior, Doug finds refuge in the little alone time he has with Carrie, best friend and co-worker Deacon (Victor Williams), buddy Spence (Patton Oswalt) and his cousin Danny (Gary Valentine).
Meanwhile, TV Land announced that Tony® award-winning actress Marissa Jaret Winokur (Broadway's Hairspray) is joining the cast of the network's original comedy series, Retired at 35 for its second season. The sitcom will return to the air with 10 new episodes starting Spring 2012 (tentatively slated to return Wednesday, March 7). Returning to Retired at 35 are Oscar®-nominated actor George Segal, Emmy® award-winning actress Jessica Walter, Johnathan McClain (24), and Josh McDermitt (Last Comic Standing). Marissa Jaret Winokur will play Amy, the clever, but romantically challenged daughter of Alan (Segal) and Elaine (Walter) and sister of David (McClain). Debuting in 2011 along with Fran Drescher's Happily Divorced and the second season of Hot in Cleveland, Retired at 35 has resonated with viewers in the U.S. and around the globe. Outside of the U.S., Retired at 35 is set to air in over 90 territories worldwide including The Netherlands, Canada, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Slovenia and Africa.
In Retired at 35, after 37 years of marriage, Alan Robbins and his wife Elaine are expected to cruise into retirement and live out their days happily ever after. However, they get an unexpected surprise when their uptight and overworked son David, sick of the NYC rat race, decides to move in with them in their active-adult community. David finds himself dealing with his overzealous parents as well as his sister Amy, who, while successful in business, has made less than impressive choices in her love life. Season two is a hilarious and bumpy ride as the Robbins family learns the consequences of being "Retired at 35." Stay with us for further updates as we get closer to the spring, but for now et's mark down March 7 for the tentative return!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.