Friday, November 18, 2011
BET and Centric Present Sitcoms On Thanksgiving Weekend; Sitcom Stars On Talk Shows (Week of November 21, 2011)
This Thanksgiving, BET and Centric will each present sitcoms all weekend long! It's non-stop sitcoms with your family! Let's start with Centric, they will air a Proud Family marathon on Thanksgiving Day from 9am-6am. And then the day after, Centric will present a marathon of Sister, Sister from 9am-6am. And finally, Centric invites you to spend the weekend with Steve Harvey on his sitcom The Steve Harvey Show -- Saturday from 6am-10:30pm and Sunday from 9am-8pm.
Sister network BET has more sitcoms if you want to catch some more sitcoms! BET will air a My Wife & Kids marathon on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-5pm, followed by a marathon of its original sitcom Read Between the Lines (starring Malcolm Jamal-Warner, Tracee Ellis Ross and Anna Maria Horsford) from 5pm-12am. You can catch all 14 episodes that would have aired to date. The sitcom airs regularly Tuesdays at 10pm. However, a special two-part episode will premiere on a special night & time, Sunday, Nov. 27 at 11pm. Don't miss it! Back to the marathons, BET will present a marathon of The Parkers the very next day on Friday from 8am-12am. On Saturday, spend the day with Chris on Everybody Hates Chris from 9am-7pm. And finally on Sunday, BET will air a a short marathon of Bernie Mac from 10am-3pm. Later that day they will air the 2011 Soul Train Awards from 8-11pm, leading into the special two-part episode of Read Between the Lines at 11pm. Another marathon of the show follows from 12am-6am, too.
As always, stay with us for more on BET and Centric. I was hoping a marathon of The Cosby Show would be on Centric, but guess not.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of November 21-25, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch Ty on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Atticus Shaffer (Modern Family) - Catch the young and talented Atticus on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Robin Williams (Mork and Mindy) - Robin appears on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny stops the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am, then he goes to LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings and finally he will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC. The Muppets opens in theaters on November 23.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Monday-Wednesday, so check your listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/The Nanny) - Fran drops by The Joy Behar Show at 10pm on HLN.
- Christopher Gorham (Out of Practice) - Christopher chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty talks about her book, Betty & Friends: My Life at the Zoo, on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am. She will also be on Thursday and Friday.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings) - The lovely Eliza visits the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvment) - Tim stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Rosie Show at 7pm on OWN.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tune in to see Tracy on a repeat of The Rosie Show at 7pm on OWN.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric chats on The Joy Behar Show at 10pm on HLN.
- Candace Cameron (Full House) - Candace appears on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Watch Tim on a repeat from last week on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family) - Ty continues to make the rounds on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - The lovely Sofia visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric joins Anderson Cooper for dinner to talk about his Thanksgiving charity, and reveals his secret family recipe on Anderson, so check your local listings.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason helps Rachael make "It's Not East Being Green Bean Casserole" on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Catch Louie on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City) - Kristin is a guest on a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Tune in to see Roseanne on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Ellen DeGeneres (The Ellen Show) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Danny DeVito (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Taxi) - Tune in to see Danny on a repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stockard Channing (Out of Practice) - Stockard stops by Tavis Smiley on PBS, but check listings for time.
- Jerry O'Connell (Carpoolers) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, November 25
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Hecks agree to forgo Thanksgiving after Frankie finds out that she’s out of a job until January and must pick up a holiday position, which requires her to work on Thanksgiving in order to make ends meet. Much to her dismay, she ends up once again having to portray an overworked 19th century woman back at Heritage Village during the Harvest Feast and finds herself going face-to-face with Sheila (Faith Ford), a woman who definitely takes her job too seriously. Meanwhile, Sue goes back to work at Spudsy’s over her holiday break in the hopes that she’ll once again run into Logan – the dreamy Abercrombie guy, Axl finds himself in foreign territory when he starts becoming emotional over how his life has turned out, and Mike and Brick find themselves needing to find a bonding experience when the electricity goes out at the house and they are forced to interact with each other.
The Goldbergs - "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As a bet, Beverly challenges Erica to participate in Jazzercise after she thinks her mom’s obsession is lame. When she wins, Erica decides to opt out of celebrating Thanksgiving, so Beverly must find a way to win her daughter back to celebrate the holiday with the family. Meanwhile, uncle Marvin shows up for his annual visit to the Goldberg home and unexpectedly bonds with Adam, which annoys Murray.
Modern Family - "Three Turkeys" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year with Luke as his sous chef, and Claire has no confidence in them and prepares a secret turkey of her own as backup. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria had plans to spend the holiday away, but when the trip gets canceled last minute, they decide not to tell anyone, which quickly becomes the worst idea ever since the family dinner gets suddenly moved to their house, and it turns into a mad scramble to cover their tracks. And Mitch is tired of always being the bad cop, so when Lily refuses to wear a nice dress to dinner, he forces Cameron to deal with it, and he comes up with a very unconventional approach.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Talia in the Kitchen - "After the Storm" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Will steals Talia's spices, she hides from the hurricane.until a mysterious boy discovers her.
Wednesday, November 25
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Watch Nathan on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jay Duplass (Togetherness/Transparent) - Jay appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told/Dads) - Vanessa and FABLife stylists put audience members to the test with a Thanksgiving preparation trivia challenge and turkey bowling competition for prizes on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo talks about the fight against cancer in children and her Thanksgiving tribute to her dear friend Robin Williams on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Greg Evigan (My Two Dads) - Greg and his daughter Briana talk about the new Hallmark Channel original movie Once Upon a Holiday on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about The National Dog Show on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly talk about starring in the upcoming holiday movie Angel of Christmas on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.