Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Nick at Nite Orders Scott Baio Sitcom Pilot; TeenNick Moves 'The '90s Are All That' Block Back to Midnight
Nickelodeon has ordered its first-ever original scripted comedy pilot, Daddy's Home, starring Scott Baio (Charles in Charge, Happy Days). A multi-camera, half-hour comedy for Nick at Nite, Daddy's Home follows David Hobbs (Baio) an actor who, after ten years of starring as America's favorite TV dad, becomes a stay-at-home father to honor the deal he made with his soap star wife so that she may return to the limelight. The project comes from creators/executive producers Tina Albanese and Patrick Labyorteaux and is helmed by executive producers Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey through their production company Bischoff Hervey Entertainment (BHE), along with Baio. Hervey is best known for the role of Wayne Arnold in the Emmy Award-winning hit series The Wonder Years. Daddy's Home marks Hervey and Baio's return to scripted comedy, with BHE having previously collaborated on three acclaimed unscripted series including Scott Baio is 45 and Single, Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant, and Confessions of a Teen Idol.
For over 30 years, Baio has been a beloved actor, successful producer, writer and director. He received his acting break in 1976 when he was cast as the lead in the youthful gangster film Bugsy Malone. Baio is perhaps best known for his role as Chachi Arcola on one of television's most iconic comedy series Happy Days, followed by a starring role in the spin-off series Joanie Loves Chachi. He also had roles on two short-lived Garry Marshall sitcom Blansky's Beauties and Who's Watching the Kids. Baio also starred in his own 1980s hit sitcom, Charles in Charge. He also co-starred on ABC's short-lived sitcom Baby Talk. He also had big screen movie roles like on the sex farce Zapped! Following his television comedy roles, he delved into some deeper and more dramatic roles, such as in the award-winning ABC after-school special, Stoned, the CBS film The Boy Who Drank Too Much and as a hemophiliac in NBC's Senior Trip! He continued his acting career as the youthful associate of Dick Van Dyke on the successful CBS series Diagnosis Murder and a decade later, made several appearances on the Emmy Award-winning television series Arrested Development. As mentioned earlier, most recently Baio was featured as himself on VH1's popular series, Scott Baio is 45...and Single and Scott Baio is 46...and Pregnant. Off-screen, he has directed episodes of popular series including Charles in Charge, The Parkers, Unhappily Ever After, The Jamie Foxx Show, The Wayans Bros., Harry and the Hendersons, Out of This World and recently served as executive producer of VH1's Confessions of a Teen Idol.
Stay tuned for more details on this pilot. Right now it is just a pilot, as it still needs to be ordered to series. If and when that does, we will let you know! Waa waa waa!
After just a few weeks, TeenNick has moved the popular "The '90s Are All That" block back to midnight, with the encore moving back to 2-4am. TeenNick recently moved the block to 10pm-12am, but the ratings didn't do too well. The encore was doing better from 12am-2am, so as a result, the block is back from 12-2am and an encore from 2-4am. This will still be every night, with "U Pick Friday" still airing during the Friday block. Degrassi will return to the 10pm hour every weekday, followed by an hour of Malcolm in the Middle from 11pm-12am. The '90s Are All That shows will still remain the same with All That, Kenan & Kel, Hey Dude! and Doug. TeenNick was planning on airing fan voted episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark this Friday, but it's not happening and it doesn't seem like it will air next week either in time for Halloween. Instead, you can choose your favorite Halloween episodes from other classic Nick series -- vote now. Stay with us for continued updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 28
New Girl - "Panty Gate" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Schmidt takes the fall to help Fawn out of a political scandal. Meanwhile, Jess declares herself a “love doctor” and Coach faces a life-changing decision with May.
Weird Loners - "The Weirdfather" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Stosh and Eric visit Stosh’s 12-year-old son, Frank, for the first time, and they bond over watching “The Godfather.” Meanwhile, Caryn becomes clingy and overbearing in her friendship with Zara.
Undataeable - "A Sibling Rivalry Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Danny (Chris D'Elia) sets Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) up on a horrible blind date, Justin (Brent Morin) steps up when she needs a date to a work event. To prove he is a good brother, Danny makes his case to accompany Leslie. Meanwhile, Shelly (Ron Funches) helps Burski (Rick Glassman) get a cheap suit so he can impress Leslie.
One Big Happy - "Wedlocked" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Luke (Nick Zano) learns about a secret that Prudence (Kelly Brook) has been keeping from everyone, he disappears - leaving both their future and her immigration status in serious jeopardy. While Lizzy (Elisha Cuthbert) attempts to console Prudence and fix the situation, Luke hits the bars with Markus (Brandon Smith). And when all looks lost, Lizzy jumps in with a big, bold solution that will catch everyone by surprise.
Your Family or Mine - "The Will" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Gil's aunt dies, but nobody liked her until they find out she was leaving beh ind a potential fortune in her will. Oliver and Kelli scramble to find a way out when Shawni asks them to be her horrible son's guardians.
Younger - "Shedonism" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza gets to prove herself when Diana tasks her with running a book launch party for a notoriously demanding author. Maggie runs into an old crush, who's finally single, while Kelsey starts to fall for her new author, who's not.
Mann & Wife - "The Ex-Mann" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel's ex-wife, Michelle, comes to visit and the family anxiously awaits her arrival; Michael's girlfriend has Daniel worried.
Tuesday, April 28
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Patricia on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Anna stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Linda Cardellini (The Good Family/Guys Like Us) - Linda visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Stephen Tobolowsky (Californication) - Stephen is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zach Woods (Playing House/Silicon Valley/The Office) - Zach drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique opens up about why she believes she was blackballed by Hollywood after her Oscar win and more on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) and Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Anthony and Tracee are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tahj Mowry (Baby Daddy/Smart Guy) - Tahj is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings. He shares the latest, including his role on ABC Family's comedy series Baby Daddy, his transition into music and his upcoming debut album on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Tom Arnold (Sin City Saints/Tom/The Tom Show/Roseanne) - Tom talks about Any Day and Sin City Saints on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara is a guest on People Now.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe appears on People Now.