Thursday, October 06, 2011
The 90s Are All That Moves to 10PM; Network Notes: CBS Picks-Up 2 Broke Girls, Delays Rules of Engagement, ABC Schedules Game Show
The rotating block of iconic Nickelodeon '90s shows will kick off its new 10pm-12am (all times Eastern) time slot THIS Friday (that's tomorrow, Oct. 7), with the inaugural viewer-voted "UPick with Stick" lineup. Every Friday night, "UPick with Stick" will be hosted by Stick Stickly, featuring the original voice actor in the role, Paul Christie. "UPick with Stick" will feature '90s Nickelodeon episodes chosen by viewers via Facebook and www.90sAreAllThat.com. As for the daily schedule, Hey Dude joins "The '90s Are All That" block on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 11pm (encores at 1am), along with All That, Kenan & Kel and Doug, with the replays now 12-2 a.m. on TeenNick (2-4am encores are now gone since the block starts at 10pm now). This line-up will air six nights a week (All That, Kenan & Kel, Hey Dude, Doug is the order from 10p-12a), except on Fridays since that is viewer's choice night.
"The '90s Are All That" on TeenNick has scored huge gains for the net, posting double-digit increases over last year with A18-34 (+50%) in the time period. Hey Dude aired from 1989 to 1991 and was one of Nickelodeon's first original live-action series. As of now, the planned Amanda Show and Are You Afraid of the Dark two-week runs are on hold, but they could pop-up on Friday nights if you pick them! Stay with us for further updates.
No surprise, CBS has given a full season order to new comedy 2 Broke Girls. As of three airings, 2 Broke Girls is the top new series in both viewers (14.18 million viewers, live+same day) and adults 18-49 (5.4 rating, live+same day), winning its regular Monday 8:30 PM time period in key demographics the past two weeks. The first airing aired after the highly-promoted Two and a Half Men season premiere with Ashton Kutcher which did a 10.7 18-49 rating, giving 2 Broke Girls huge sampling with a 7.1 18-49 rating for its premiere. The sitcom has settled for a solid 4.6 and 4.5 18-49 rating in its regular time period since, putting it neck and neck with Fox's new Tuesday comedy New Girl for top honors. 2 Broke Girls stars Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, Matthew Moy, Jonathan Kite and Garrett Morris. Michael Patrick King is executive producer and Whitney Cummings is executive consultant for Warner Bros. Television. The series was co-created by King and Cummings.
As we first broke on Twitter, the season premiere of CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement has moved to Saturday, Oct. 15 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, one week later than previously announced (which was actually this coming Saturday). Instead, a repeat of Mike & Molly will air in the time period on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 8:00 PM ET/PT. A repeat of 2 Broke Girls follows at 8:30 PM. So why the change? Perhaps CBS is waiting to see how new Thursday comedy How To Be A Gentleman does in week two tonight after underperforming for its premiere last week. If it does poorly, CBS could have a short leash and pull the comedy and move Rules of Engagement back to Thursdays as early as next week (Oct. 13) and still call it a season premiere. If that happens, perhaps Gentleman will take the Saturday 8pm slot. Stay tuned for any further updates, but for now view our day-by-day schedule for CBS.
In another exclusive, we broke the news that ABC will burn-off the game show Million Dollar Mind Game on Sunday afternoons at 4pm ET/2pm PT starting Sunday, Oct. 23. The game show was in contention to air last season or summer on ABC, but never made it to air. ABC has 6 episodes to air and they will air it in six consecutive weeks from October 23 to November 27. In Million Dollar Mind Game, six teammates work together using smarts and logic to answer complex questions. The more questions they answer correctly, the more money they can win. The series is hosted by British host Vernon Kay (Skating with the Stars). Encores of Dancing with the Stars: The Results will follow at 5pm ET/2pm PT on these six Sunday afternoons. ABC has been airing encores of reality series on many weekend afternoons for some time now, but this will be the first time brand new episodes of a series will air (even a burn-off is still new).
In other ABC scheduling news, they have announced that the perennial classic It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will air on the first night of November sweep on Thursday, Oct. 27 at 8pm. Charlie's Angels was already planned to be preempted on this night before it premiered. Look for the Angels to return the following week, ratings pending of course. Hello, Angels! View our day-by-day schedule for ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Space Probe Disintegration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wolowitz tries to distract Raj, who is anxiously awaiting data from a space probe he helped launch. Meanwhile, Sheldon and Leonard go dress shopping with Penny and Amy.
The Odd Couple - "The Ghostwriter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Oscar is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix offers his “help” by advising Murph to go in a different direction, making Oscar’s job more difficult.
Mom - "Figgy Pudding and the Rapture" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy convinces herself that everything is fine even though her family is basically homeless. Surprisingly, Bonnie is the one who tries to bring her back to reality.
Mike & Molly - "To Have and Withhold" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly has writer’s block, and she might lose her big advance if she doesn’t cure it fast.
The Comedians - "Charity" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Billy has an awkward interaction with a homeless man, while Josh goes to his crush's "charity" event.
Louie - "The Road: Part 2" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Louie continues his work on the road.
Thursday, May 28
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Catch Louis on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Maz Jobrani (Better Off Ted/The Knights of Prosperity) - Maz appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) - Chris appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin Dillon (Entourage) and Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - They are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about the new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on HuffPost Live at 11am..
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about Aquarius on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Constance discusses reprising her role as Dana Gordon in the highly-anticipated Entourage movie, which hits theaters June 3, on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- The Cast of Entourage) - Kevin Dillon, Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven are guests on the AOL Build Show.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Grizz Chapman (30 Rock) - Grizz will be a guest on Essence Live.