Thursday, September 01, 2011
Moving on to stunts in October, we have the annual "13 Nights of Halloween" event starting Wednesday, October 19. This year the event will kick-off with a special Halloween episode for ABC Family's hit original series Pretty Little Liars. The episode will air at 8pm and will be a Halloween-themed episode but is a prequel episode for fans to have something new as we wait for the second half of the season (12 more episodes) to begin in January 2012. A marathon of the series will lead-in starting at 11am. Pretty Little Liars ended its first half this past Tuesday with a quite a cliff-hanger and to high ratings. "13 Nights of Halloween" will feature Halloween episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and That '70s Show, but will be mainly filled with movies. The movie premieres are the basic cable premiere of Coraline and the ABC Family premieres of movies that are also TV series: Bewitched and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Other movies airing in the annual event are Hocus Pocus, The Goonies, Casper, Teen Witch, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Beetlejuice, The Addams Family Movie, Scooby-Doo Movie, Haunted Mansion, Monsters, Inc. and Practical Magic.
Before the 13 Nights of Halloween, the ABC Family premiere movies are Mamma Mia! and Unbreakable. Other movies airing include Coyote Ugly, Titanic, Dr. Dolittle, G-Force, 50 First Dates, and Along Came Polly. Besides, the Pretty Little Liars special episode, the only original series for ABC Family in October will be the final three episodes of the season for new series The Lying Game, airing Mondays at 8pm. The season finale will be on Monday, Oct. 17.
View the complete ABC Family October 2011 schedule and the complete breakdown of the annual 13 Nights of Halloween! Keep it right here if there are any changes announced.
BET will have some sitcom Saturday fun in September. First up, this coming Saturday (Sept. 3), BET will feature a marathon of Bernie Mac from 8am-4:30pm. The following Saturday (Sept. 10), will feature an appearance from sister network Centric's The Steve Harvey Show from 12:30pm-6:30pm following a mini-block of Jamie Foxx Show/Bernie Mac from 10am-12:30pm. Moving on to September 24, there will be an assorted display of sitcoms starting at 8am and running until 3pm. We get The Game, The Jamie Foxx Show, Bernie Mac and Everybody Hates Chris airing on this day.
We will have the BET Fall 2011 schedule soon, along with sister network Centric's Fall 2011 schedule. One hint for BET we will give you is that there will be a special sitcom stunt on Oct. 1, featuring a new acquisition that returns to the network after a couple years off. Stay tuned and find out what it will be soon!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.