Tuesday, August 09, 2011
FamilyNet will also add the Canadian series The Beachcombers airing weekdays in the 3pm ET hour replacing the British series series Black Beauty, as that will be leaving the schedule. One more series being added to the FamilyNet line-up will be on weekends. The series is The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93. It will follow I Spy on weekends airing Saturdays at 4pm ET and Sunday nights at 3am ET. The new Saturday 3-5pm block will be replacing a movie while the Sunday night block of 2-4am will be replacing Black Beauty.
Every other series on FamilyNet will remain where it is, including The New Flipper weekdays at 4pm ET, Lost in Space Mon-Thurs 5pm & 6pm ET, Lou Grant Mon-Thurs 7pm & 8pm ET, and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye Sundays at 7pm & 8pm ET.
Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name come Sept. 19. Just what will it be and will they add any new programming? We'll have to wait and see, so stay with us!
FEARnet, cable television's premier horror, thriller and suspense channel, has given a series order to Holliston, an outrageous and offbeat multi-camera, half-hour buddy comedy series starring directors Adam Green and Joe Lynch. Created by Green, the sitcom is scheduled to start production later this year and will be the network's first original production.
The show, set in the town of Holliston, MA, follows the lives of Adam and Joe, two friends chasing the dream of becoming successful horror movie filmmakers while struggling to make ends meet and dealing with life and the opposite sex in their post-college jobs at a Boston cable access station where they also host a late night movie program called The Movie Crypt.
They are joined in the ensemble cast by Laura Ortiz and Corri English. Tapping into their real-life genre entertainment relationships, Lynch and Green have promised FEARnet a string of exciting cameos that will bring added buzz and realism to the initial six-episode series order. Holliston is intended to take a slot on FEARnet's Tuesday night "Twisted Comedy" block, a horror-comedy lineup that launched earlier this month with a distinctive pair of scripted series: Todd & The Book of Pure Evil, a supernatural high-school comedy featuring Jason Mewes, and Psychoville, an award-winning, British black-comedy thriller that centers on a group of characters haunted by a mysterious blackmailer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.