Tuesday, August 09, 2011
FamilyNet will also add the Canadian series The Beachcombers airing weekdays in the 3pm ET hour replacing the British series series Black Beauty, as that will be leaving the schedule. One more series being added to the FamilyNet line-up will be on weekends. The series is The New Zorro, which ran from 1990-93. It will follow I Spy on weekends airing Saturdays at 4pm ET and Sunday nights at 3am ET. The new Saturday 3-5pm block will be replacing a movie while the Sunday night block of 2-4am will be replacing Black Beauty.
Every other series on FamilyNet will remain where it is, including The New Flipper weekdays at 4pm ET, Lost in Space Mon-Thurs 5pm & 6pm ET, Lou Grant Mon-Thurs 7pm & 8pm ET, and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye Sundays at 7pm & 8pm ET.
Stay tuned for any further updates on FamilyNet. Sister network AmericanLife Network (ALN) will be rebranding and changing their name come Sept. 19. Just what will it be and will they add any new programming? We'll have to wait and see, so stay with us!
FEARnet, cable television's premier horror, thriller and suspense channel, has given a series order to Holliston, an outrageous and offbeat multi-camera, half-hour buddy comedy series starring directors Adam Green and Joe Lynch. Created by Green, the sitcom is scheduled to start production later this year and will be the network's first original production.
The show, set in the town of Holliston, MA, follows the lives of Adam and Joe, two friends chasing the dream of becoming successful horror movie filmmakers while struggling to make ends meet and dealing with life and the opposite sex in their post-college jobs at a Boston cable access station where they also host a late night movie program called The Movie Crypt.
They are joined in the ensemble cast by Laura Ortiz and Corri English. Tapping into their real-life genre entertainment relationships, Lynch and Green have promised FEARnet a string of exciting cameos that will bring added buzz and realism to the initial six-episode series order. Holliston is intended to take a slot on FEARnet's Tuesday night "Twisted Comedy" block, a horror-comedy lineup that launched earlier this month with a distinctive pair of scripted series: Todd & The Book of Pure Evil, a supernatural high-school comedy featuring Jason Mewes, and Psychoville, an award-winning, British black-comedy thriller that centers on a group of characters haunted by a mysterious blackmailer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.