Monday, May 02, 2011
Both Home Improvement and Saved by the Bell are shared with other networks, as you know. Home Improvement airs on TV Land and Nick at Nite (both in the late night, with Nick at Nite airing it just once a week), while Saved by the Bell will be returning to TeenNick, after a hiatus as we announced.
The new comedy Happy Endings has a happy ending to the season! The new comedy will be aired back-to-back now for the rest of the season gaining 10:30pm after positive buzz and a ratings climb last week. We first announced this news on Thursday night. The comedy will air back-to-back at 10:00pm & 10:30pm with all-new episodes through May 18 and the season finale will air at 10:30pm on Wednesday, May 25 (after the one-hour Cougar Town Hawaii season finale from 9:30-10:30pm). Happy Endings produced 13 episodes, but as of now 12 are scheduled. Not sure yet if that one left-over episode will be aired this season or saved for next season. The only slot open is Wednesday, May 25 at 8:30pm, but that could be very well be a repeat of The Middle, like it will be on May 18 (Better With You has its season finale on May 11). As of now, chances for a second season are good. Happy endings, indeed!
Moving on to some NBC scheduling news, a whole bunch of updates were announced on Friday. The new reality competition series The Voice got off to a hot start for its two-hour premiere last week and it will still be two-hours this week (May 3) as well, as planned. The Voice will not move to the planned 8pm hour starting Tuesday, May 10 until after sweeps and The Biggest Loser isn't moving to 9-11pm for the final three weeks now. This means starting next Tuesday (May 10), The Biggest Loser will air from 8-10pm and The Voice at 10pm. Will that hurt the new series airing in a later hour? We shall see. The Voice at 10pm is just for three weeks, because in its summer airings it will move to 8pm to make room for America's Got Talent starting May 31. The other NBC change of note is in summer with repeats of 30 Rock moving to 8:30pm starting Thursday, June 2, as the one-hour comedy Love Bites will finally air, airing Thursdays at 10pm. It's just a burn-off, though. Becki Newton stars.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Property Division Collision" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon and Leonard try to divvy up their shared belongings, but can’t agree on anything. Also, Koothrappali and Stuart fight to be the most helpful during Bernadette’s final weeks of pregnancy. Christopher Lloyd guest stars as Theodore.
Superior Donuts - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Emmy Award winner Judd Hirsch and comedian Jermaine Fowler star in a new comedy about the relationship between Arthur, the gruff owner of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee, Franco, and their loyal patrons in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
2 Broke Girls - "And the '80s Movie" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Max and Caroline, now part owners of the diner, put the finishing touches on their newly converted Dessert Bar, Max deals with the aftermath of her recent breakup with Randy, and Sophie and Oleg prepare for the birth of their baby.
American Dad - "A Nice Night for a Drive" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.
Angie Tribeca - "Brockman Turner Overdrive" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When a beloved badminton star is the suspect of a hit-and-run, everyone turns a blind eye except Tribeca and Geils.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Couchy" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates a problem when she sells the ugly, used couch Sofia received from her boss.
Baby Daddy - "The Sonny-moon" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben becomes jealous when Bonnie sends Danny on a cruise to celebrate his impending fatherhood.
Monday, April 24
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Watch Lena on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.