Monday, August 29, 2011
Nick at Nite's "Best of Friends" marathon will highlight a different cast member each night of the week with themed episodes centering on either Rachel, Ross, Joey, Phoebe, Chandler or Monica. Throughout the week, Facebook friends of Friends will be able to vote for their favorite episodes on the official Facebook TV show page, which will culminate with their top ten picks airing on Sunday, Sept. 11 beginning at 8pm. If you recall, Warner Bros. Domestic Cable sold Friends to Nick at Nite in a shared window with TBS that begins this fall, a deal that will harvest $200 million in license fees and advertising. It was reported that Nick at Nite will pay about $500,000 an episode for the right to carry the series post-6 p.m. (meaning 6pm-6am rights) for a six-year term lasting until fall 2017. TBS, which renewed the series, will have the 6am-6pm rights this fall, however for 2011-12 only it can air the series in the 6pm hour.
Moving on to the actual Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule, the original game show Family Brainsurge will air Mon-Thurs at 8pm, followed by My Wife & Kids at 8:30pm, which remains in its timeslot. The 9pm hour will still feature back-to-back episodes of the Nick at Nite hit George Lopez every weekday. Friends will follow every night at 10-11pm, pushing That '70s Show to the weeknights at 11pm hour. The 12am hour will feature an encore of George Lopez, followed by an encore of Friends at 1am. Back-to-back Everybody Hates Chris will air in the 2am hour, followed by an encore of That '70s Show at 3am. The 4am hour will feature a full hour of My Wife & Kids, followed by a half-hour of Family Matters around 5:30am. And finally, weekdays from 6-7am will be The Nanny now. Now, Nick at Nite will still be off-the-clock, so all times are approximate after 11:30pm.
On weekends, there are some variations. Friends will air a block from 10pm-12am on both nights, followed by That '70s Show at midnight and My Wife & Kids at 1am. Family Matters will only air Mon-Sat at 5:30am now, while Home Improvement is totally gone and The Nanny is now weekdays 6-7am and Sunday nights 2-3am. And as of now, there is no sign of a return for Married...with Children to Nick at Nite, which was removed in early August.
View the FULL Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule. Of course, stay with us for any further updates.
Moving on, TBS has ordered a sitcom pilot titled Men at Work from Sony Pictures Television. The pilot will be a multi-camera sitcom from executive producers Jamie Tarses and Breckin Meyer. If it gets picked-up to series, the series will be the third non-Tyler Perry sitcom for TBS after My Boys and The Bill Engvall Show, both of which are not airing anymore. Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns and House of Payne and Ice Cube's Are We There Yet are not original TBS series, but they air new episodes through syndication. Casting for the Men at Work pilot has not been announced yet.
In the pilot, when Milo is thrust into single life after discovering his girlfriend has been cheating, he finds comfort in three best friends who help reinvent his manhood with the promise of sex, alcohol and some serious bromance. This half-hour series is written and executive-produced by Breckin Meyer (TNT's Franklin & Bash).
Stay with us for further updates and if this series will get picked-up for a series order.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.