Monday, August 29, 2011
Nick at Nite's "Best of Friends" marathon will highlight a different cast member each night of the week with themed episodes centering on either Rachel, Ross, Joey, Phoebe, Chandler or Monica. Throughout the week, Facebook friends of Friends will be able to vote for their favorite episodes on the official Facebook TV show page, which will culminate with their top ten picks airing on Sunday, Sept. 11 beginning at 8pm. If you recall, Warner Bros. Domestic Cable sold Friends to Nick at Nite in a shared window with TBS that begins this fall, a deal that will harvest $200 million in license fees and advertising. It was reported that Nick at Nite will pay about $500,000 an episode for the right to carry the series post-6 p.m. (meaning 6pm-6am rights) for a six-year term lasting until fall 2017. TBS, which renewed the series, will have the 6am-6pm rights this fall, however for 2011-12 only it can air the series in the 6pm hour.
Moving on to the actual Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule, the original game show Family Brainsurge will air Mon-Thurs at 8pm, followed by My Wife & Kids at 8:30pm, which remains in its timeslot. The 9pm hour will still feature back-to-back episodes of the Nick at Nite hit George Lopez every weekday. Friends will follow every night at 10-11pm, pushing That '70s Show to the weeknights at 11pm hour. The 12am hour will feature an encore of George Lopez, followed by an encore of Friends at 1am. Back-to-back Everybody Hates Chris will air in the 2am hour, followed by an encore of That '70s Show at 3am. The 4am hour will feature a full hour of My Wife & Kids, followed by a half-hour of Family Matters around 5:30am. And finally, weekdays from 6-7am will be The Nanny now. Now, Nick at Nite will still be off-the-clock, so all times are approximate after 11:30pm.
On weekends, there are some variations. Friends will air a block from 10pm-12am on both nights, followed by That '70s Show at midnight and My Wife & Kids at 1am. Family Matters will only air Mon-Sat at 5:30am now, while Home Improvement is totally gone and The Nanny is now weekdays 6-7am and Sunday nights 2-3am. And as of now, there is no sign of a return for Married...with Children to Nick at Nite, which was removed in early August.
View the FULL Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule. Of course, stay with us for any further updates.
Moving on, TBS has ordered a sitcom pilot titled Men at Work from Sony Pictures Television. The pilot will be a multi-camera sitcom from executive producers Jamie Tarses and Breckin Meyer. If it gets picked-up to series, the series will be the third non-Tyler Perry sitcom for TBS after My Boys and The Bill Engvall Show, both of which are not airing anymore. Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns and House of Payne and Ice Cube's Are We There Yet are not original TBS series, but they air new episodes through syndication. Casting for the Men at Work pilot has not been announced yet.
In the pilot, when Milo is thrust into single life after discovering his girlfriend has been cheating, he finds comfort in three best friends who help reinvent his manhood with the promise of sex, alcohol and some serious bromance. This half-hour series is written and executive-produced by Breckin Meyer (TNT's Franklin & Bash).
Stay with us for further updates and if this series will get picked-up for a series order.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.