Monday, August 29, 2011
Nick at Nite's "Best of Friends" marathon will highlight a different cast member each night of the week with themed episodes centering on either Rachel, Ross, Joey, Phoebe, Chandler or Monica. Throughout the week, Facebook friends of Friends will be able to vote for their favorite episodes on the official Facebook TV show page, which will culminate with their top ten picks airing on Sunday, Sept. 11 beginning at 8pm. If you recall, Warner Bros. Domestic Cable sold Friends to Nick at Nite in a shared window with TBS that begins this fall, a deal that will harvest $200 million in license fees and advertising. It was reported that Nick at Nite will pay about $500,000 an episode for the right to carry the series post-6 p.m. (meaning 6pm-6am rights) for a six-year term lasting until fall 2017. TBS, which renewed the series, will have the 6am-6pm rights this fall, however for 2011-12 only it can air the series in the 6pm hour.
Moving on to the actual Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule, the original game show Family Brainsurge will air Mon-Thurs at 8pm, followed by My Wife & Kids at 8:30pm, which remains in its timeslot. The 9pm hour will still feature back-to-back episodes of the Nick at Nite hit George Lopez every weekday. Friends will follow every night at 10-11pm, pushing That '70s Show to the weeknights at 11pm hour. The 12am hour will feature an encore of George Lopez, followed by an encore of Friends at 1am. Back-to-back Everybody Hates Chris will air in the 2am hour, followed by an encore of That '70s Show at 3am. The 4am hour will feature a full hour of My Wife & Kids, followed by a half-hour of Family Matters around 5:30am. And finally, weekdays from 6-7am will be The Nanny now. Now, Nick at Nite will still be off-the-clock, so all times are approximate after 11:30pm.
On weekends, there are some variations. Friends will air a block from 10pm-12am on both nights, followed by That '70s Show at midnight and My Wife & Kids at 1am. Family Matters will only air Mon-Sat at 5:30am now, while Home Improvement is totally gone and The Nanny is now weekdays 6-7am and Sunday nights 2-3am. And as of now, there is no sign of a return for Married...with Children to Nick at Nite, which was removed in early August.
View the FULL Nick at Nite Fall 2011 schedule. Of course, stay with us for any further updates.
Moving on, TBS has ordered a sitcom pilot titled Men at Work from Sony Pictures Television. The pilot will be a multi-camera sitcom from executive producers Jamie Tarses and Breckin Meyer. If it gets picked-up to series, the series will be the third non-Tyler Perry sitcom for TBS after My Boys and The Bill Engvall Show, both of which are not airing anymore. Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns and House of Payne and Ice Cube's Are We There Yet are not original TBS series, but they air new episodes through syndication. Casting for the Men at Work pilot has not been announced yet.
In the pilot, when Milo is thrust into single life after discovering his girlfriend has been cheating, he finds comfort in three best friends who help reinvent his manhood with the promise of sex, alcohol and some serious bromance. This half-hour series is written and executive-produced by Breckin Meyer (TNT's Franklin & Bash).
Stay with us for further updates and if this series will get picked-up for a series order.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 28
The Middle - "Look Who's Not Talking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Although excited about finding a new discount store that sells oddly shaped fruits and vegetables, Frankie is devastated when Axl refuses to talk to her or even answer her texts after inadvertently admitting how she feels about April in front of him. Meanwhile, Brick develops a new quirky tick in the form of a repetitive phrase and lands in detention, and Brad surprises Sue by coming out for a weekend visit at her college.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Taming of the Dads" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Eddie reluctantly agrees to take Alison to the see a modern remake of Romeo and Juliet. But when Louis and Alison’s dad bond over their love of Shakespeare and crash their date, Alison wonders if she and Eddie’s relationship has lost its spark. Meanwhile, Jessica gets called for jury duty and campaigns to be the “Jury Boss,” and Emery and Evan struggle with the responsibilities of raising a Tamagotchi digital pet.
New Girl - "San Diego" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess continues to stay with her dad (guest star Rob Reiner) in Portland, they unexpectedly help one another with their love lives. Meanwhile, Nick turns to a reluctant Aly for help with his relationship with Reagan, and Schmidt contemplates using his first name.
The Mick - "The Bully" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The tables are turned when a cyber bully targets Sofia, leading Mickey to come up with a plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Jimmy teaches Chip and Ben how to be self-sufficient, resulting in a painful disaster.
Trial & Error - "Right-Hand Man" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A new piece of evidence emerges that leads Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) an unlikely, and dangerous, new suspect: Larry's (John Lithgow) brother-in-law, Jeremiah Jefferson Davis. Meanwhile, the case takes another turn when the search for the murder weapon leads Dwayne (Steven Boyer) to find a dismembered human arm.
Trial & Error - "Secrets & Lies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) focuses on his new suspect, Larry (John Lithgow) insists on taking a lie-detector test to help prove his innocence, but the results drop a bombshell on the case and the family. Dwayne (Steven Boyer) briefly becomes a hometown celebrity as the man who found an arm in the lake, and the team gets a surprising new benefactor.
The Detour - "The Heat" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Parkers settle into a seemingly normal New York City routine but are being surveilled by federal agents who see more than they had suspected they would see.
Mann & Wife - "Take Me to the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The new Lieutenant arrives at the precinct, and everyone soon learns that she and Hobbs have a romantic past; A cable installer confuses Toni for singer Tamela Mann.
Mann & Wife - "Pressured by the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Toni faces a moral dilemma when the administrators at her school decide to change the students' standardized test results; Hobbs' mother brings her new fiance for a visit.
Tuesday, March 28
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Making History/The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (Kevin Can Wait/The King of Queens) - Kevin is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke reveals what it’s really like being a child star, plus, the truth behind her struggles with anxiety and depression on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Todd Grinnell (One Day at a Time/Four Kings) - Todd appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard talks about Shots Fired on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa share her recipe for Mexican pizza on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) and Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Jenna and Rachel talk about Imaginary Mary on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.