Tuesday, August 23, 2011
On Saturday, Sept. 10, it is Old School Saturday with a 24-hour marathon of Charlie's Angels, which regularly airs on sister network Universal HD. The following day on Sunday, Sept. 11 it is "Doctors in the House" marathon with episodes of House and Royal Pains airing all day starting at 6am. It seems like every weekend there is a marathon, as on Saturday, Sept. 17 it is Law & Order: SVU and on Sunday, Sept. 18 it is In Plain Sight. Saturday, Sept. 24 will feature another marathon of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
Moving on to October, it is more Law & Order: SVU on Saturday, Oct. 1. Burn Notice has Sunday marathons all month long (Oct. 2, 9, 16 and 23), followed by another marathon on Saturday, Oct. 8. Columbus Day has the Bond Columbus Day movie marathon featuring Goldfinger (1964) starring Sean Connery from 7p-9:30p ET and Die Another Day" (2002) starring Pierce Brosnan from 9:30p-12:30a ET on Sunday and License to Kill (1989) starring Timothy Dalton from 6p-9p ET and Man with the Golden Gun (1974) starring Roger Moore from 9p-12a ET on Monday. Saturday, Oct. 15 features a Law & Order: Criminal Intent marathon. The following week, Oct. 22, has a Psych marathon featuring Halloween episodes. The final Saturday of the month, Oct. 29, features a Covert Affairs marathon to promote the USA Network season premiere on Tuesday, Nov. 1. And finally on Sunday, Oct. 30, it's a House "Supernatural" marathon from 12pm-6am.
During the week you can catch House, Monk, The Dead Zone, Walker Texas Ranger, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, JAG, NCIS, CSI, Psych, and of course movies on the Cloo! Killer Instinct, CLOO's new original series and Dateline on CLOO airs Saturdays at 9pm.
Come on back as we still have fall 2011 schedules for Nick at Nite, TeenNick, MeTV Network, ReelzChannel, Lifetime, NYC Local Stations and more to come. We are just waiting for the final word. Antenna TV will have some changes to its original fall schedule that we showed you last month and we will bring that to you as soon as we can.
We gave you USA Network's Fall 2011 schedule a couple weeks back, but now USA Network has announced return dates for three of its original series. We broke the news of the return date for the second half of season two for Covert Affairs on Saturday, but now it is official--it will return Nov. 1! Christopher Gorham, who plays Auggie on the hit series, even acknowledged us on Twitter! First up, fan favorite and USA's longest running original series on-air, Psych returns for its sixth season on Wednesday, October 12 at 10/9c featuring all-new episodes of Santa Barbara's favorite crime psychic team. Nine episodes will air this fall and the remaining seven episodes of season six will air sometime in 2012.
Meanwhile, the second half of the sophomore season of Covert Affairs resumes Tuesday, November 1 at 10/9c with six all-new episodes to wrap-up its sixteen episode season. The series stars Golden Globe(R)-nominated Piper Perabo as Annie Walker, a young CIA operative whose exceptional linguistic skills make her invaluable to the Agency. The summer's mid-season finale was left with Annie finally forced to confess the truth of her job to her sister, Danielle (Anne Dudek), forever changing the balance of their relationship and threatening Annie's hope of living a "pseudo-normal" personal life outside the agency. With Jai's (Sendhil Ramamurthy) position in the DPD in flux, we're left to question where his true loyalties lie. As the season returns, Annie continues to transform into a seasoned operative with more high-octane adventures spanning the globe. The series also stars Christopher Gorham, Kari Matchett and Peter Gallagher. Guest stars include Oded Fehr, Gregory Itzin, Devin Kelly and Santiago Cabrera.
And finally, Burn Notice turns up the heat this fall with the remaining six episodes of the fifth season, starting Thursday, November 3 at 10/9c to finish up its eighteen episode season. The hit series stars Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen, a blacklisted spy banished to sun-soaked Miami. Guest stars include Lauren Stamile, Jere Burns, Indigo, Andre Holland, Ian Anthony Dale, Carlo Gallo and Ptolemy Slocum. The series is still airing its summer run through Sept. 8, so fans will only have to wait two months for these six new episodes!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.