Tuesday, August 23, 2011
On Saturday, Sept. 10, it is Old School Saturday with a 24-hour marathon of Charlie's Angels, which regularly airs on sister network Universal HD. The following day on Sunday, Sept. 11 it is "Doctors in the House" marathon with episodes of House and Royal Pains airing all day starting at 6am. It seems like every weekend there is a marathon, as on Saturday, Sept. 17 it is Law & Order: SVU and on Sunday, Sept. 18 it is In Plain Sight. Saturday, Sept. 24 will feature another marathon of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
Moving on to October, it is more Law & Order: SVU on Saturday, Oct. 1. Burn Notice has Sunday marathons all month long (Oct. 2, 9, 16 and 23), followed by another marathon on Saturday, Oct. 8. Columbus Day has the Bond Columbus Day movie marathon featuring Goldfinger (1964) starring Sean Connery from 7p-9:30p ET and Die Another Day" (2002) starring Pierce Brosnan from 9:30p-12:30a ET on Sunday and License to Kill (1989) starring Timothy Dalton from 6p-9p ET and Man with the Golden Gun (1974) starring Roger Moore from 9p-12a ET on Monday. Saturday, Oct. 15 features a Law & Order: Criminal Intent marathon. The following week, Oct. 22, has a Psych marathon featuring Halloween episodes. The final Saturday of the month, Oct. 29, features a Covert Affairs marathon to promote the USA Network season premiere on Tuesday, Nov. 1. And finally on Sunday, Oct. 30, it's a House "Supernatural" marathon from 12pm-6am.
During the week you can catch House, Monk, The Dead Zone, Walker Texas Ranger, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, JAG, NCIS, CSI, Psych, and of course movies on the Cloo! Killer Instinct, CLOO's new original series and Dateline on CLOO airs Saturdays at 9pm.
Come on back as we still have fall 2011 schedules for Nick at Nite, TeenNick, MeTV Network, ReelzChannel, Lifetime, NYC Local Stations and more to come. We are just waiting for the final word. Antenna TV will have some changes to its original fall schedule that we showed you last month and we will bring that to you as soon as we can.
We gave you USA Network's Fall 2011 schedule a couple weeks back, but now USA Network has announced return dates for three of its original series. We broke the news of the return date for the second half of season two for Covert Affairs on Saturday, but now it is official--it will return Nov. 1! Christopher Gorham, who plays Auggie on the hit series, even acknowledged us on Twitter! First up, fan favorite and USA's longest running original series on-air, Psych returns for its sixth season on Wednesday, October 12 at 10/9c featuring all-new episodes of Santa Barbara's favorite crime psychic team. Nine episodes will air this fall and the remaining seven episodes of season six will air sometime in 2012.
Meanwhile, the second half of the sophomore season of Covert Affairs resumes Tuesday, November 1 at 10/9c with six all-new episodes to wrap-up its sixteen episode season. The series stars Golden Globe(R)-nominated Piper Perabo as Annie Walker, a young CIA operative whose exceptional linguistic skills make her invaluable to the Agency. The summer's mid-season finale was left with Annie finally forced to confess the truth of her job to her sister, Danielle (Anne Dudek), forever changing the balance of their relationship and threatening Annie's hope of living a "pseudo-normal" personal life outside the agency. With Jai's (Sendhil Ramamurthy) position in the DPD in flux, we're left to question where his true loyalties lie. As the season returns, Annie continues to transform into a seasoned operative with more high-octane adventures spanning the globe. The series also stars Christopher Gorham, Kari Matchett and Peter Gallagher. Guest stars include Oded Fehr, Gregory Itzin, Devin Kelly and Santiago Cabrera.
And finally, Burn Notice turns up the heat this fall with the remaining six episodes of the fifth season, starting Thursday, November 3 at 10/9c to finish up its eighteen episode season. The hit series stars Jeffrey Donovan as Michael Westen, a blacklisted spy banished to sun-soaked Miami. Guest stars include Lauren Stamile, Jere Burns, Indigo, Andre Holland, Ian Anthony Dale, Carlo Gallo and Ptolemy Slocum. The series is still airing its summer run through Sept. 8, so fans will only have to wait two months for these six new episodes!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.