Sunday, June 12, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 30-June 5)
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 7pm did 2.23 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which is decent for 7pm in the summer. A second repeat in the later airing of 9:30pm did 3.56 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, the latter which is acceptable.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat at 8pm did 3.72 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating, solid 18-49 for summer.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - A repeat at 7:30pm dropped from its lead-in in viewers with just 2.12 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, the loser of the block.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 4.25 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating, the best of the block and the 18-49 rating is by far the best of the night not counting the NBA Finals.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 3.4 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, which is decent.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 2 airings - 4.64 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat in its normal slot was basically on par with previous week, but low. A repeat at 8:30pm did 4.68 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, improving from the first airing.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 6.2 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is considerably lower than its ratings from last summer and also down some in viewers from previous week.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 6.1 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat, is lower than previous week, and that was Memorial Day.
- Raising Hope (Fox) 2 airings - A repeat at 9pm did 2.66 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating, off a lick from previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 4.42 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, lower than previous week. The 8:30pm repeat went down to 4.12 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating, also lower than previous week.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings- A repeat at 9pm did 4.37 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, down from previous week. And the second repeat at 9:30pm did similar ratings with 4.34 million and held the 1.7 18-49 rating, also down week-to-week. Look for it to go up likely this week with NHL as competition instead of America's Got Talent, like the previous week.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - preempted, moving to its regular 9:30pm timeslot starting June 22.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.46 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, on par really with previous week and good numbers.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 6.05 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, but lower than previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 1.99 million and a 0.5 18-49 rating. This is summer but embarrassing.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 1.89 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating, also very low.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.26 million and 1.0 18-49 rating, as NBC went up to a 1 rating.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 9:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing 1.94 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating, so NBC went back below a 1 rating.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Modern Family, and Two and a Half Men were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Mike & Molly, How I Met Your Mother) or just plain old terrible (such as the very low NBC Thursday repeats). Feeling the repeat blues? Look for original sitcoms on cable this summer, with Hot in Cleveland returning for all-new episodes starting this Wednesday at 10pm followed by the new comedy Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher at 10:30pm only on TV Land. Also on deck in a few weeks on ABC Family will be the return of Melissa & Joey followed by new comedy State of Georgia starring Raven at 8:30pm starting June 29! New sitcom airings is the perfect way to beat the summer blues!
[Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.