Sunday, June 05, 2011
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 23-29)
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - preempted.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - preempted.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.4 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat on Memorial Day for the first official repeat of the summer season (though CBS was in repeats on the last Monday of the season the previous week and this airing was a bit off from that).
- Mad Love (CBS) - 4.21 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating for a repeat airing and this was its last airing ever.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 6.49 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is considerably lower than its ratings from last summer, but this is just one week so far.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - 6.38 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, holding on a good number from the lead-in. Not bad.
- Raising Hope (Fox) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.68 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, which is not too good.
- Traffic Light (Fox) - In its last airing ever, an all-new episode did just 2.23 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. Couldn't even hold the numbers from the lead-in, which was a repeat.
- Mike & Molly (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did 4.8 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat and losing to the competing ABC comedy.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) -As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did 4.5 million and a 1.1 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in a bit in 18-49.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - A repeat at 8pm did 5.21 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, but the 8:30pm repeat went to 5.36 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating, which is not bad for a repeat.
- Modern Family (ABC) 2 airings- A repeat at 9pm did 6.22 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating. And the second repeat at 9:30pm did similar ratings with 6.04 million and held the 2.2 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 ratings for summer repeats. Best performance of the week for a sitcom.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat at 10pm did 4.03 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating, which is above average for it in repeat mode and up from the first summer repeat last season.
- Happy Endings (ABC) - A repeat at 10:30pm of the pilot did 3.38 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. ABC will repeat all 12 episodes this summer, with the next airing moving to its regular 9:30pm timeslot starting June 22.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - A repeat did 7.42 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating. Good for summer.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - A repeat of this comedy followed at 8:30pm with 6.69 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating, nice retention.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.45 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. This is lower than the first repeat of last summer.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A repeat at 8:30pm did 2.3 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. This is slightly better than the same night last year with a new 100 Questions.
- The Office (NBC) - A repeat at 9pm did 2.9 million and 1.3 18-49 rating. Nothing surprising here.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 9:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing 2.56 million and a prelim 1.1 18-49 rating, as these NBC comedies just don't repeat well.
Tonight you can catch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7-10pm.
Summing it up. Repeats of Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement Thurs, The Middle 8:30, Mike & Molly Mon were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as repeats of Cougar Town, How I Met Your Mother) or just plain old terrible (such as a new Traffic Light, NBC Thursday repeats). [Source: Nielsen NTI Ratings. View Travis Yanan's Ratings Website].
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.