Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Completely new to RTV are series from Sony Pictures Television. The series that have joined the line-up are Naked City, Route 66, Starsky & Hutch and Police Story. Also joining the schedule are Canadian dramas that currently air in broadcast syndication: DaVinci's Inquest, Cold Squad and Cold Case Files.
RTV is using a national schedule now for ALL of the affiliates, unless an affiliate preempts something on its own. For example, all RTV affiliates will have Starsky & Hutch weeknights at 8pm followed by Police Story at 9pm nationwide. Joining the line-up next week (Monday, July 4) will be Highway to Heaven and it will air weeknights at 6pm. RTV couldn't get the rights to that in time for this week, so they are airing an extra hour of Daniel Boone this week, in addition to its regular 7pm airing.
We will keep you up to date of any other changes and information, but for now view the FULL RTV schedule.
ABC has announced premiere dates for Fall 2011. They join The CW and Fox in announcing Fall 2011 premiere dates. ABC will start the new season of 20/20 on Friday, Sept. 16 at 10pm, but the real stuff gets going starting Monday, Sept. 19 with the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars at 8pm followed by the season four premiere of Castle at 10pm. On Tuesday, September 20, ABC will air the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars: The Results at 9pm and the second season premiere of Body of Proof at 10pm. Tuesday at 8pm is missing, but more on that in a bit. On to Wednesday, Sept. 21, ABC will have one-hour season premieres of The Middle and Modern Family from 8-10pm leading into new primetime soap Revenge at 10pm. The following Wednesday will have the series premiere of Suburgatory at 8:30pm and the season premiere of Happy Endings at 9:30pm starting Sept. 28. On Thursday, Sept. 22, ABC will launch the new Charlie's Angels at 8pm leading into the two-hour season premiere of Grey's Anatomy from 9-11pm. This means Private Practice will launch its new season the following week on Sept. 29 at 10pm.
Fridays will have encore programming from 8-10pm for the first four weeks of the season, so we will come back to that in a bit for what will normally air here. Saturdays will have College Football all fall. On Sunday, Sept. 25, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will have a two-hour season premiere from 7-9pm as it gets ready for a Friday move. The eighth season premiere of Desperate Housewives follows at 9pm leading into new series Pan Am at 10pm. America's Funniest Home Videos will premiere the following week on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 7pm. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will air three one-hour episodes on Sundays at 8pm on Oct. 2, 9 and 16 before it moves to Fridays, starting Friday, Oct. 21. The Friday airings will now be two-hours in the fall from 8-10pm. As a result, ABC will now premiere the third season of Shark Tank (slated for Fridays at 9pm in the fall) in January in the timeslot and will still produce 13 episodes. New Sunday drama Once Upon a Time from the producers of Lost will start Sunday, Oct. 23 at 8pm for ample promotion.
Back to Tuesdays, ABC has not yet announced what will air Tuesdays at 8pm for the first three weeks of the season. The Tim Allen comedy Last Man Standing will premiere on Tuesday, Oct. 11 with back-to-back episodes from 8-9pm. New single-camera comedy Man Up! will premiere the following week on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 8:30pm following Last Man Standing at its normal time.
There are some question marks still to be filled (like Tuesdays at 8 for the first three weeks of the season), so please keep an eye out on our new day-by-day schedule for ABC! Stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.