Tuesday, June 07, 2011
The ceremony, which will take place at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Monday, June 20 at a luncheon emceed by So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley, will be televised by ReelzChannel TV, but on Wednesday, June 22 at 8pm ET. VH1.com will live-stream the event on Monday, June 20. ABC led all broadcast networks with 16 nominations, while NBC had 12. AMC and FX led the cable networks with nine nominations each. The following is the comedy portion nominations (click the link below to see more nominations):
Best Comedy Series
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
The Middle (ABC)
Modern Family (ABC)
The Office (NBC)
Parks and Recreation (NBC)
30 Rock (NBC)
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin (30 Rock, NBC)
Steve Carell (The Office, NBC)
Louis C.K. (Louie, FX)
Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, FX)
Joel McHale (Community, NBC)
Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory, CBS)
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Courteney Cox (Cougar Town, ABC)
Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie, Showtime)
Tina Fey (30 Rock, NBC)
Patricia Heaton (The Middle, ABC)
Martha Plimpton (Raising Hope, Fox)
Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Ty Burrell (Modern Family, ABC)
Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother, CBS)
Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation, NBC)
Ed O'Neill (Modern Family, ABC)
Danny Pudi (Community, NBC)
Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family, ABC)
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Julie Bowen (Modern Family, ABC)
Jane Krakowski (30 Rock, NBC)
Jane Lynch (Glee, Fox)
Busy Philipps (Cougar Town, ABC)
Eden Sher (The Middle, ABC)
Sofía Vergara (Modern Family, ABC)
See a full list of nominations from other TV genres. And visit their official website for more details on these new awards and who votes.
Drunken robots! Lobster people! A very old man! Watch in terror if you dare as Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's brilliantly subversive animated sci-fi comedy, Futurama, returns with 13 all-new half-hour episodes beginning on Thursday, June 23 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. The all-comedy channel is kicking off the Futurama season in style with two new episodes airing back-to-back. Then, beginning on Thursday, June 30, Comedy Central's original animated series, Ugly Americans, premieres its second season at 10:30 p.m., making Thursday nights a one-hour "Thurs-Dimension" animation block.
The Futurama episodes are a continuation from the series' sixth season. Last summer, Comedy Central premiered 13 episodes from the sixth season, but now the remaining 13 will air this summer. Futurama will also return for a seventh season of 26 more episodes. And those 26 will be handled the same way as season six--the first installment of 13 new episodes will premiere in the summer of 2012, with the additional 13 new episodes to air the following summer of 2013 only on Comedy Central! Meanwhile, Ugly Americans will have a 14 episode order for its second season, just like it did for its first season in spring and fall 2010. They split the season in two halves as well for this series, with 7 episodes in the first half of the season.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.