Thursday, May 19, 2011
8:00PM Gossip Girl
9:00PM Hart of Dixie (NEW!)
9:00PM Ringer (NEW)
8:00PM H8R (NEW!)
9:00PM America's Next Top Model
8:00PM Vampire Diaries
9:00PM The Secret Circle (NEW!)
New Series: The Frame (reality) and Re-Modeled (reality)
Returning Series: One Tree Hill (drama)
NOTES: 90210 moves to Tuesdays and Nikita moves to Fridays. Sarah Michelle Gellar makes her return to series television in the new drama Ringer. Mid-season brings the return and farewell season of One Tree Hill and outrageous new reality series Re-Modeled and The Frame.
Discuss The CW's 2011-12 line-up and also you can view complete program information.
We have some recent deaths from the last few weeks to report. Marian Mercer, an American actress and singer, passed away from complications of Alzhheimer's disease on April 27, in Newbury Park, California. She was 75. One of her best known roles was as the humorless restaurant hostess, Nancy Beebe, on the ABC and later syndicated sitcom It's a Living. Her many sitcom guest appearances included Love, American Style, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Archie Bunker's Place, Phyl & Mikhy, Mama's Family, Benson, The Golden Girls, Empty Nest, Dave's World, Working, and Suddenly Susan. She was a regular as Kay Fox on The Sandy Duncan Show in 1972 and on Foot in the Door as Mrs. Griffin in 1982. In 1991, she played Martha Benedict on the short-lived Sunday Dinner. She portrayed Grace Bailey on Home Free, starring Matthew Perry, in 1993. Besides Patrick Hogan, her husband of 31 years, she is survived by her sister, Marjorie Keith, and a daughter, Deidre Whitaker.
Jackie Cooper was an American actor, television director, producer and executive. Mr. Cooper passed away after a short illness on May 3, in Santa Monica, California. He was 88. Cooper was the first child actor to receive an Academy Award nomination for his role in the 1931 film Skippy. In 1929, he joined the Our Gang series produced by Hal Roach and appeared in 15 of the comedies. He starred in two popular sitcoms, NBC's The People's Choice from 1955-1958 with Patricia Breslin and CBS's Hennesey from 1959-1962 with Abby Dalton. On Hennessey, he also was the producer and primary director. Cooper was the vice president of program development at Columbia Pictures Screen Gems TV division from 1964-69. He helped sell sitcoms such as I Dream of Jeannie, Gidget, and The Flying Nun. As a director, he worked on M*A*S*H and The White Shadow, winning Emmy Awards in 1974 and 1979. One of his most known later movie roles was as Daily Planet editor Perry White in the Superman film series. He is survived by his sons John and Russell.
Sada Thompson died on May 4, in Danbury, Connecticut, of lung disease at the age of 83. She was an American stage, film, and television actress who was best known television role was on Family where she played the matriarch Kate Lawrence. The role won her the 1978 Emmy Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series and garnered her three nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Television Series Drama. She received a total of nine Emmy nominations over her career. Her sitcom appearances included The Love Boat and Cheers. Some of her other television guest apperaances included Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law, Lincoln, Father Dowling Mysteries, and Law & Order. She was married to Donald Stewart and had one daughter.
Barbara Stuart, an American actress, passed away on May 15. She was 76. Her first television series role was playing Bessie, the secretary, on the syndicated The Great Gildersleeve, based on the classic radio show Fibber McGee and Molly and starring William Waterman. In 1969, she was cast as Wilma Winslow on The Queen and I, starring Larry Storch. She had a recurring role as Alice on Pete and Gladys on CBS. On Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., she played Miss Bunny, Sgt. Carter's girlfriend, in three episodes. Some of her other sitcom guest appearances included December Bride, The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bill Dana Show, The Joey Bishop Show, The Cara Williams Show, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Andy Griffith Show, Mister Roberts, The Farmer's Daughter, Three's Company, Taxi, and The New Love, American Style. She was divorced from actor Dick Gautier and had three stephchildren.
We thank them for their many roles on television over the years. They will be deeply missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 25
The Big Bang Theory - "The Line Substitution Solution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon hires Stuart to spend the day with Amy when he’d rather go to a movie screening. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly (Christine Baranski), comes to town and Penny struggles to make a connection with her.
Life in Pieces - "Prank Assistant Gum Puppy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Feeling threatened by Jen’s very handsome new assistant, Jake (Gregg Sulkin), Greg tries to appear more masculine. Also, Heather and Tim pull a prank on Tyler’s school, Joan secretly lets Sophia chew gum even though Heather forbids it, and John takes his new puppy on a date with Colleen and her dog, Princess.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Rolling in the Deep" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Someone from the band's past shows up as tension reaches an all time high.
Bunk'd - "Zuri Had a Little Lamb" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The boys find that Gladys has been hiding a secret in the woods; Lou assigns Emma and Zuri to barn duty.
Thursday, August 25
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal/Chicago Sons) - David is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) - Jane appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Ritter (Another Period/The Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:07am on BET or on your local stations.
- Miriam Shor (Younger/Big Day/Inside Schwartz) - Miriam is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - John talks about The Hollars on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara) - John dishes on his comedy-drama series Northern Exposure on People Now at 8:30am.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika discusses Southside with You on the AOL Build Show at 3pm and on Essence Live at 4pm.