Friday, February 25, 2011
CBS/Warner Bros Cancel Production on Two and a Half Men For Rest of Season; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 28, 2011)
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBSThat means the series will not return to tape the four episodes that they were going to tape, which was set to start next week. They originally had a 24 episode order, but since Sheen was in rehab in January, they had to make the episode order at 20 episodes due to lack of time. Now it will remain at 16 episodes and we won't have any more new episodes this season. CBS aired a repeat of Two and a Half Men this past Monday (Feb. 14) and has scheduled repeats to air for the foreseeable future. But now with no more new episodes taping, CBS could change the schedule a bit. But how much and is it worth it this late in the season? One quick change they could do is to move How I Met Your Mother to 9pm and move the repeats of Two and a Half Men to 8pm. I doubt they would do that until May sweeps, though. I don't think they will move back The Big Bang Theory to Mondays this season. CBS already ordered two extra episodes each of Rules of Engagement and Mike & Molly (26 episodes each), so maybe they will be used at some point at Monday 9pm. Stay tuned for updates!
and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two
and a Half Men for the remainder of the season."
After CBS and Warner Bros. released that statement, Sheen went off even more and released a letter to TMZ. Sheen will later go on to release that he has an HBO show coming out that will pay him $5 million an episode, which HBO later denies. And then this morning he told Good Morning America that he plans on going to the Men set next week anyway for work. Wow. What drama. Sheen is now making up in his head that he has a deal with HBO? And he wants to go back on his sitcom set when no one will be there and after he said all this? I hate to be mean, but he needs help...and fast. Stay with us for updates on the CBS schedule (we won't cover the gossip any further).
In other news (but more peacheful news), join The Hub for a special episode of the original animated series Dan Vs. featuring actor Henry Winkler. Winkler, of course best known for his role as Fonzie on the classic sitcom Happy Days (which can be seen on The Hub Mon-Thurs at 8), will lend his voice to character Helicopter Hall in the upcoming episode, "Traffic."
Dan Vs. is The Hub's half-hour animated series featuring Dan, a loveable misanthrope who takes on different adversaries with his pal Chris, on a ceaseless quest for justice in various misadventures. Winkler's cameo will complement the current Dan Vs.” cast including Curtis Armstong (Revenge of the Nerds), Dave Foley (The Kids in the Hall) and Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds). Watch the episode on Saturday, February 26 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on The Hub!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Feb. 28-March 4, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 28, 2011
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Watch Judy on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Married with Children/Samantha Who/Jesse) - Watch Christina on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Catch Topher on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check listings, then in late nght on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Watch Mack on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - See Betty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch the classic TV mom on TODAY on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - Watch John on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Nick on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am only on ABC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Watch Matthew on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) - Jane visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch Meredith on The Oprah Show, so check your listings and then later on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Watch Doogie...err Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Watch Topher on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, check listings, then in late night on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Meredith returns for a second day on NBC's TODAY, probably in the 9am or 10am hour.
- Carolyn Hennesy (Cougar Town) - Watch Barb herself on The Mo'nique Show on BET at 11pm.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet/Everybody Hates Chris) - Watch Terry bake crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.