Friday, February 25, 2011
CBS/Warner Bros Cancel Production on Two and a Half Men For Rest of Season; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 28, 2011)
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBSThat means the series will not return to tape the four episodes that they were going to tape, which was set to start next week. They originally had a 24 episode order, but since Sheen was in rehab in January, they had to make the episode order at 20 episodes due to lack of time. Now it will remain at 16 episodes and we won't have any more new episodes this season. CBS aired a repeat of Two and a Half Men this past Monday (Feb. 14) and has scheduled repeats to air for the foreseeable future. But now with no more new episodes taping, CBS could change the schedule a bit. But how much and is it worth it this late in the season? One quick change they could do is to move How I Met Your Mother to 9pm and move the repeats of Two and a Half Men to 8pm. I doubt they would do that until May sweeps, though. I don't think they will move back The Big Bang Theory to Mondays this season. CBS already ordered two extra episodes each of Rules of Engagement and Mike & Molly (26 episodes each), so maybe they will be used at some point at Monday 9pm. Stay tuned for updates!
and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two
and a Half Men for the remainder of the season."
After CBS and Warner Bros. released that statement, Sheen went off even more and released a letter to TMZ. Sheen will later go on to release that he has an HBO show coming out that will pay him $5 million an episode, which HBO later denies. And then this morning he told Good Morning America that he plans on going to the Men set next week anyway for work. Wow. What drama. Sheen is now making up in his head that he has a deal with HBO? And he wants to go back on his sitcom set when no one will be there and after he said all this? I hate to be mean, but he needs help...and fast. Stay with us for updates on the CBS schedule (we won't cover the gossip any further).
In other news (but more peacheful news), join The Hub for a special episode of the original animated series Dan Vs. featuring actor Henry Winkler. Winkler, of course best known for his role as Fonzie on the classic sitcom Happy Days (which can be seen on The Hub Mon-Thurs at 8), will lend his voice to character Helicopter Hall in the upcoming episode, "Traffic."
Dan Vs. is The Hub's half-hour animated series featuring Dan, a loveable misanthrope who takes on different adversaries with his pal Chris, on a ceaseless quest for justice in various misadventures. Winkler's cameo will complement the current Dan Vs.” cast including Curtis Armstong (Revenge of the Nerds), Dave Foley (The Kids in the Hall) and Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds). Watch the episode on Saturday, February 26 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on The Hub!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Feb. 28-March 4, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 28, 2011
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Watch Judy on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Married with Children/Samantha Who/Jesse) - Watch Christina on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Catch Topher on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check listings, then in late nght on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Watch Mack on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - See Betty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch the classic TV mom on TODAY on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - Watch John on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Nick on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am only on ABC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Watch Matthew on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) - Jane visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch Meredith on The Oprah Show, so check your listings and then later on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Watch Doogie...err Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Watch Topher on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, check listings, then in late night on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Meredith returns for a second day on NBC's TODAY, probably in the 9am or 10am hour.
- Carolyn Hennesy (Cougar Town) - Watch Barb herself on The Mo'nique Show on BET at 11pm.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet/Everybody Hates Chris) - Watch Terry bake crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.