Friday, February 25, 2011
CBS/Warner Bros Cancel Production on Two and a Half Men For Rest of Season; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 28, 2011)
"Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBSThat means the series will not return to tape the four episodes that they were going to tape, which was set to start next week. They originally had a 24 episode order, but since Sheen was in rehab in January, they had to make the episode order at 20 episodes due to lack of time. Now it will remain at 16 episodes and we won't have any more new episodes this season. CBS aired a repeat of Two and a Half Men this past Monday (Feb. 14) and has scheduled repeats to air for the foreseeable future. But now with no more new episodes taping, CBS could change the schedule a bit. But how much and is it worth it this late in the season? One quick change they could do is to move How I Met Your Mother to 9pm and move the repeats of Two and a Half Men to 8pm. I doubt they would do that until May sweeps, though. I don't think they will move back The Big Bang Theory to Mondays this season. CBS already ordered two extra episodes each of Rules of Engagement and Mike & Molly (26 episodes each), so maybe they will be used at some point at Monday 9pm. Stay tuned for updates!
and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two
and a Half Men for the remainder of the season."
After CBS and Warner Bros. released that statement, Sheen went off even more and released a letter to TMZ. Sheen will later go on to release that he has an HBO show coming out that will pay him $5 million an episode, which HBO later denies. And then this morning he told Good Morning America that he plans on going to the Men set next week anyway for work. Wow. What drama. Sheen is now making up in his head that he has a deal with HBO? And he wants to go back on his sitcom set when no one will be there and after he said all this? I hate to be mean, but he needs help...and fast. Stay with us for updates on the CBS schedule (we won't cover the gossip any further).
In other news (but more peacheful news), join The Hub for a special episode of the original animated series Dan Vs. featuring actor Henry Winkler. Winkler, of course best known for his role as Fonzie on the classic sitcom Happy Days (which can be seen on The Hub Mon-Thurs at 8), will lend his voice to character Helicopter Hall in the upcoming episode, "Traffic."
Dan Vs. is The Hub's half-hour animated series featuring Dan, a loveable misanthrope who takes on different adversaries with his pal Chris, on a ceaseless quest for justice in various misadventures. Winkler's cameo will complement the current Dan Vs.” cast including Curtis Armstong (Revenge of the Nerds), Dave Foley (The Kids in the Hall) and Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds). Watch the episode on Saturday, February 26 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on The Hub!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Feb. 28-March 4, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, February 28, 2011
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Watch Judy on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Married with Children/Samantha Who/Jesse) - Watch Christina on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Catch Topher on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check listings, then in late nght on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Watch Mack on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - See Betty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch the classic TV mom on TODAY on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - Watch John on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Nick on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am only on ABC.
- Matthew Perry (Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Watch Matthew on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier) - Jane visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Watch Meredith on The Oprah Show, so check your listings and then later on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Watch Doogie...err Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Topher Grace (That '70s Show) - Watch Topher on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, check listings, then in late night on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties) - Meredith returns for a second day on NBC's TODAY, probably in the 9am or 10am hour.
- Carolyn Hennesy (Cougar Town) - Watch Barb herself on The Mo'nique Show on BET at 11pm.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet/Everybody Hates Chris) - Watch Terry bake crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, December 9
Last Man Standing - "Help Wanted" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Since losing her teaching job, Vanessa has been spending her time hovering over the family, and it’s driving everyone nuts. Over at Kristin and Ryan’s house, Ryan and Kyle are wrapped-up in a zombie face-off to determine who knows the most about zombies and how to survive an apocalypse. Unable to land a new gig, Vanessa becomes discouraged, but Mike does everything he can to get her back doing what she loves.
Dr. Ken - "Ken's Apology" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken wants to apologize to a patient for missing an important medical detail, Pat advises against it, and the situation gets out of hand. Meanwhile, D.K. shakes things up at Dave’s parent/teacher conference.
Friday, December 9
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Watch Olivia on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tom Papa (Come to Papa) - Tom is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah whips up a delicious treat on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Chelsea on Netflix.