Thursday, November 04, 2010
The only other sitcom GMC airs is Amen, which airs weeknights in the 11pm & 1am hours, as Cosby (1996-2000) was dropped a few months back. Still no word if and when 227 will join weekdays. 227 has been in syndication since 1990 on local stations, then it appeared on cable on BET, TV One and TV Land. 227 stars Marla Gibbs, Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Regina King, Curtis Baldwin, Helen Martin, and Jackée.
Elsewhere on GMC, they will have a marathon of the drama Joan of Arcadia this Sunday (Nov. 7) from 10am-7pm, starting with the pilot episode. The series was on the regular schedule, but was dropped sometime back and now only appears in marathons.
ABC and Fox have each scheduled a mid-season drama. ABC has come up with a series to replace the canceled The Whole Truth. From executive producers Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) and executive producer/creator Jenna Bans (Grey's Anatomy) comes an uplifting medical drama that explores how far one has to go in order to truly heal. Six doctors who have lost their way will go to the ends of the earth to try to remember the reasons why they wanted to become doctors in the first place, on Off the Map, premiering Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC. Off the Map stars (in alphabetical order) Jonathan Castellanos as Charlie, Valerie Cruz as Zitajalehrena Alvarez (Zee), Caroline Dhavernas as Lily Brenner, Jason George as Otis Cole, Zach Gilford as Tommy Fuller, Mamie Gummer as Mina Minard, Martin Henderson as Ben Keeton and Rachelle Lefevre as Ryan Clark. Guest starring Michael McKean as Ed.
On Fox, The Chicago Code (formerly titled Ride-Along), the distinctive new police drama from critically acclaimed creator Shawn Ryan (The Shield), will make its series debut Monday, Feb. 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Shot on location in Chicago, The Chicago Code follows the Windy City's most powerful and respected cops as they navigate the city's underbelly to fight crime and expose corruption within Chicago's notorious political machine. Starring Jason Clarke (Brotherhood) and Jennifer Beals (The L Word), the fast-paced series centers on Jarek (Clarke), a local legend and a larger-than-life veteran of the Chicago Police Department who wields considerable power thanks to his relationship with Teresa (Beals), his ex-partner and the city's first female superintendent, now in charge of a 10,000-member police force.
The series will replace Lie to Me on the schedule and Lie to Me will return to the schedule at a later date. Both series have 13 episode orders.
As you know, CBS has scheduled Paula Abdul's new reality series, Live to Dance, for Wednesdays at 8pm from Jan. 5-Feb. 2. The series premieres on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour premiere. Many more mid-season updates are to come such as when new comedies Mr. Sunshine, Happy Endings, Mad Love, Perfect Couples, Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, Mixed Signals & Bob's Burgers are scheduled, so stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.