Thursday, November 04, 2010
The only other sitcom GMC airs is Amen, which airs weeknights in the 11pm & 1am hours, as Cosby (1996-2000) was dropped a few months back. Still no word if and when 227 will join weekdays. 227 has been in syndication since 1990 on local stations, then it appeared on cable on BET, TV One and TV Land. 227 stars Marla Gibbs, Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Regina King, Curtis Baldwin, Helen Martin, and Jackée.
Elsewhere on GMC, they will have a marathon of the drama Joan of Arcadia this Sunday (Nov. 7) from 10am-7pm, starting with the pilot episode. The series was on the regular schedule, but was dropped sometime back and now only appears in marathons.
ABC and Fox have each scheduled a mid-season drama. ABC has come up with a series to replace the canceled The Whole Truth. From executive producers Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) and executive producer/creator Jenna Bans (Grey's Anatomy) comes an uplifting medical drama that explores how far one has to go in order to truly heal. Six doctors who have lost their way will go to the ends of the earth to try to remember the reasons why they wanted to become doctors in the first place, on Off the Map, premiering Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC. Off the Map stars (in alphabetical order) Jonathan Castellanos as Charlie, Valerie Cruz as Zitajalehrena Alvarez (Zee), Caroline Dhavernas as Lily Brenner, Jason George as Otis Cole, Zach Gilford as Tommy Fuller, Mamie Gummer as Mina Minard, Martin Henderson as Ben Keeton and Rachelle Lefevre as Ryan Clark. Guest starring Michael McKean as Ed.
On Fox, The Chicago Code (formerly titled Ride-Along), the distinctive new police drama from critically acclaimed creator Shawn Ryan (The Shield), will make its series debut Monday, Feb. 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Shot on location in Chicago, The Chicago Code follows the Windy City's most powerful and respected cops as they navigate the city's underbelly to fight crime and expose corruption within Chicago's notorious political machine. Starring Jason Clarke (Brotherhood) and Jennifer Beals (The L Word), the fast-paced series centers on Jarek (Clarke), a local legend and a larger-than-life veteran of the Chicago Police Department who wields considerable power thanks to his relationship with Teresa (Beals), his ex-partner and the city's first female superintendent, now in charge of a 10,000-member police force.
The series will replace Lie to Me on the schedule and Lie to Me will return to the schedule at a later date. Both series have 13 episode orders.
As you know, CBS has scheduled Paula Abdul's new reality series, Live to Dance, for Wednesdays at 8pm from Jan. 5-Feb. 2. The series premieres on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour premiere. Many more mid-season updates are to come such as when new comedies Mr. Sunshine, Happy Endings, Mad Love, Perfect Couples, Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, Mixed Signals & Bob's Burgers are scheduled, so stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.