Thursday, November 04, 2010
The only other sitcom GMC airs is Amen, which airs weeknights in the 11pm & 1am hours, as Cosby (1996-2000) was dropped a few months back. Still no word if and when 227 will join weekdays. 227 has been in syndication since 1990 on local stations, then it appeared on cable on BET, TV One and TV Land. 227 stars Marla Gibbs, Hal Williams, Alaina Reed Hall, Regina King, Curtis Baldwin, Helen Martin, and Jackée.
Elsewhere on GMC, they will have a marathon of the drama Joan of Arcadia this Sunday (Nov. 7) from 10am-7pm, starting with the pilot episode. The series was on the regular schedule, but was dropped sometime back and now only appears in marathons.
ABC and Fox have each scheduled a mid-season drama. ABC has come up with a series to replace the canceled The Whole Truth. From executive producers Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice) and executive producer/creator Jenna Bans (Grey's Anatomy) comes an uplifting medical drama that explores how far one has to go in order to truly heal. Six doctors who have lost their way will go to the ends of the earth to try to remember the reasons why they wanted to become doctors in the first place, on Off the Map, premiering Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC. Off the Map stars (in alphabetical order) Jonathan Castellanos as Charlie, Valerie Cruz as Zitajalehrena Alvarez (Zee), Caroline Dhavernas as Lily Brenner, Jason George as Otis Cole, Zach Gilford as Tommy Fuller, Mamie Gummer as Mina Minard, Martin Henderson as Ben Keeton and Rachelle Lefevre as Ryan Clark. Guest starring Michael McKean as Ed.
On Fox, The Chicago Code (formerly titled Ride-Along), the distinctive new police drama from critically acclaimed creator Shawn Ryan (The Shield), will make its series debut Monday, Feb. 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Shot on location in Chicago, The Chicago Code follows the Windy City's most powerful and respected cops as they navigate the city's underbelly to fight crime and expose corruption within Chicago's notorious political machine. Starring Jason Clarke (Brotherhood) and Jennifer Beals (The L Word), the fast-paced series centers on Jarek (Clarke), a local legend and a larger-than-life veteran of the Chicago Police Department who wields considerable power thanks to his relationship with Teresa (Beals), his ex-partner and the city's first female superintendent, now in charge of a 10,000-member police force.
The series will replace Lie to Me on the schedule and Lie to Me will return to the schedule at a later date. Both series have 13 episode orders.
As you know, CBS has scheduled Paula Abdul's new reality series, Live to Dance, for Wednesdays at 8pm from Jan. 5-Feb. 2. The series premieres on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour premiere. Many more mid-season updates are to come such as when new comedies Mr. Sunshine, Happy Endings, Mad Love, Perfect Couples, Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, Mixed Signals & Bob's Burgers are scheduled, so stay tuned!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.