Monday, September 13, 2010
Judge Karen's Court will be replacing Good Times in the 6pm hour. Good Times will move to the 5pm hour replacing Sanford & Son, which will still remain in the 3pm half-hour. The only other change is in the 4pm hour, with New York Undercover coming back replacing an hour of Divorce Court, and yes that means it is off the schedule for now.
As for stunts, on Sunday, October 10 beginning at 12pm Noon through 5pm, TV One airs a premiere week marathon of the new courtroom series Judge Karen's Court with Judge Karen Mills-Francis as the presiding judge. On Saturday, October 16 beginning at 1pm through 8pm (encores from 12-6am), it's boys being boys as TV One presents the "Martin - Boys will Be Boyz" Marathon featuring episodes of the popular TV One sitcom focusing on the friendship between Martin Payne and his boy and confidant Tommy. And finally, on Sunday, October 31 beginning at 12 Noon through 8pm, the ghouls and goblins are upon us as Halloween comes to TV One in the form of the TV One "Hallo-Scream" Marathon. TV One showcases Halloween-themed episodes of TV One sitcoms A Different World, The Jeffersons, Martin, Living Single, and The Hughleys. You can watch encores of The Jeffersons Halloween episodes from 3am-5am later that night.
View and discuss the TV One Fall 2010 schedule.
A couple of weeks ago we gave you AmericanLife TV Network's fall schedule and mentioned that among the new series joining the line-up would be '80s drama The Fall Guy starting Oct. 1. ALN has announced that the series will not be joining the schedule after all. As a result, Sue Thomas F.B.eye will remain in the Mon-Thurs 7pm and 10pm ET hours. All of the other new series we mentioned that would join the line-up will still join. They are Power of Attorney, Texas Justice, Cristina's Court, Chicago Hope and ALN Today original series.
It is too bad The Fall Guy is not joining. It is not joining the line-up due to a few episodes having music issues, so ALN has decided to just remove the series before launching. ALN was seeking a replacement from 20th Century Fox, but as of now, it is not happening. We had word that 4 sitcoms would join, but that didn't happen. And then there was word of Boston Public being the replacement, but so far nothing on that. Stay tuned if anything at all is added, but as of now Sue Thomas F.B.eye is staying in its current slots.
View and discuss ALN's Fall 2010 schedule.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.