Thursday, September 02, 2010
So, we have so far two new sitcom acquisitions for BET: City Guys and Bernie Mac. In this blog's title I mentioned there are THREE new sitcoms. The other one is... The Cosby Show! Yes, the classic family comedy will have a five-day marathon from Monday, Sept. 27 through Friday, Oct. 1 from 11am-5pm each day! The Huxtables will not be joining the BET regular schedule it seems the following week. Why? It will be joining sister network Centric's primetime fall schedule starting Sept. 27! Centric currently airs sitcoms The Steve Harvey Show & The Jamie Foxx Show along with dramas The A-Team & Miami Vice and animated comedy The Proud Family. They also air Smart Guy stunts. We will have Centric's fall 2010 schedule soon for you, so stay tuned for regular times for The Cosby Show, including a launch marathon of their own on Sunday, Sept. 26. And don't be surprised if you see Cliff and the gang pop-up on BET from time to time.
Anyway, back to the BET Fall schedule. The schedule starts on Monday, Oct. 4 with Bernie Mac in the 10am hour, replacing One on One. Maybe that will move to Centric? We shall see. An hour each of The Game and Everybody Hates Chris remains at 11am & 12pm. Then a movie airs at 1pm leading into The Game's new afternoon timeslot of 3pm, as now Bernie Mac will air in the 4pm hour leading into Everybody Hates Chris in the 5pm hour. On Saturdays, we have City Guys airing usually from 9am-11pm, followed by the return of Sister Sister from 11am-1pm. An hour each of Everybody Hates Chris & The Game airs at 1pm & 2pm leading into Bernie Mac from 3pm-5pm. And finally on Sundays, the only thing of note is Everybody Hates Chris in the 1pm hour leading into Bernie Mac from 2-4pm.
View and discuss the FULL BET Fall 2010 schedule and stay tuned in the coming days for sister network Centric's fall schedule which will have The Cosby Show!
Pretty soon it will be that time of year again...the start of the new TV season. So let's get ready for that with annual network preview specials to inform us on what is new and returning! See our Fall 2009 preview from last year.
First up we will look at ABC. ABC's Fall 2010 preview special is actually in two half-hours. They have been titled ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: Laugh ON and ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: No Ordinary Dramas hosted by Cameron Mathison and Nancy O'Dell with reports from Rico Rodriguez of Modern Family. It started airing on local ABC affiliates last weekend (Aug. 28-29). It can be aired between August 28-Sept. 19, 2010 on local stations, so check your local listings. Both half-hours will air nationally on ABC on Sunday, September 19 back-to-back at 5pm ET/4pm CT/3pm MT-PT. The first fall preview special is about the new fall dramas that will be joining the line-up in September including No Ordinary Family, My Generation and two 10:00 PM dramas: Detroit 1-8-7 and The Whole Truth. And the second special highlights ABC Laugh On Wednesday featuring returning hits, The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town as well as new comedies; Better Together, Happy Endings and Mr. Sunshine. These specials will air on ABC-owned cable networks as well, as of now ABC Family has scheduled them both on Monday, Sept. 13 at 12am ET/11pm CT. Both specials are on abc.com as well: Laugh ON and No Ordinary Dramas.
The CBS Fall 2010 preview special, simply titled again CBS Fall Preview will be a primetime special previewing CBS's new fall lineup, to be hosted by the stars of the new Wednesday drama The Defenders - Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell - will be broadcast on Monday (Sept. 6) from 8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. The preview will feature sneak peeks of the five new additions to CBS's primetime schedule this fall: the drama series Hawaii Five-0, The Defenders and Blue Bloods and the comedy series $#*! My Dad Says and Mike & Molly. Hosts Jerry O'Connell and Jim Belushi will introduce the video previews for each new series with a fun mix of banter during what appears to be a wardrobe fitting for their Vegas lawyer characters, surrounded by bold suits and pinky rings galore.
The NBC Fall 2010 preview special (titled once again The NBC Primetime Preview) has aired on their cable owned networks & local NBC affiliates since Aug. 7 and will continue to run through Sept. 27 (in NYC on WNBC Sat Sept. 4 at 7pm). The lively 30-minute cavalcade will feature exclusive, behind-the-scenes views to be delivered across a wide gamut of NBC Universal media platforms beginning August 7 through September 27. The program will run nearly 500 times over broadcast and cable platforms. The annual Fall program will be offered to NBC's 232 television stations (check local listings) as well as other channel entities such as USA, Syfy, Bravo, UniHD, Chiller, mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen, Sleuth, NBC2Go, on-demand and broadband. NBC stations will also make it available on their websites while NBC.com will feature it as well. NBC stations can also run it on their websites while NBC.com is also running it as well. In addition, the program will be once again screened on selected American Airlines flights (estimated to be shown on approximately 11,000 flights). Watch now online.
The Fox Fall 2010 preview special has already started airing on local Fox affiliates (in NY WNYW Sat Sept. 4 at 3pm). It will only run on local Fox affiliates again and not on Fox in primetime. No information is available as of this writing on who is hosting and what the special features. No idea yet also if it will be on fox.com.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.