Thursday, September 02, 2010
So, we have so far two new sitcom acquisitions for BET: City Guys and Bernie Mac. In this blog's title I mentioned there are THREE new sitcoms. The other one is... The Cosby Show! Yes, the classic family comedy will have a five-day marathon from Monday, Sept. 27 through Friday, Oct. 1 from 11am-5pm each day! The Huxtables will not be joining the BET regular schedule it seems the following week. Why? It will be joining sister network Centric's primetime fall schedule starting Sept. 27! Centric currently airs sitcoms The Steve Harvey Show & The Jamie Foxx Show along with dramas The A-Team & Miami Vice and animated comedy The Proud Family. They also air Smart Guy stunts. We will have Centric's fall 2010 schedule soon for you, so stay tuned for regular times for The Cosby Show, including a launch marathon of their own on Sunday, Sept. 26. And don't be surprised if you see Cliff and the gang pop-up on BET from time to time.
Anyway, back to the BET Fall schedule. The schedule starts on Monday, Oct. 4 with Bernie Mac in the 10am hour, replacing One on One. Maybe that will move to Centric? We shall see. An hour each of The Game and Everybody Hates Chris remains at 11am & 12pm. Then a movie airs at 1pm leading into The Game's new afternoon timeslot of 3pm, as now Bernie Mac will air in the 4pm hour leading into Everybody Hates Chris in the 5pm hour. On Saturdays, we have City Guys airing usually from 9am-11pm, followed by the return of Sister Sister from 11am-1pm. An hour each of Everybody Hates Chris & The Game airs at 1pm & 2pm leading into Bernie Mac from 3pm-5pm. And finally on Sundays, the only thing of note is Everybody Hates Chris in the 1pm hour leading into Bernie Mac from 2-4pm.
View and discuss the FULL BET Fall 2010 schedule and stay tuned in the coming days for sister network Centric's fall schedule which will have The Cosby Show!
Pretty soon it will be that time of year again...the start of the new TV season. So let's get ready for that with annual network preview specials to inform us on what is new and returning! See our Fall 2009 preview from last year.
First up we will look at ABC. ABC's Fall 2010 preview special is actually in two half-hours. They have been titled ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: Laugh ON and ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: No Ordinary Dramas hosted by Cameron Mathison and Nancy O'Dell with reports from Rico Rodriguez of Modern Family. It started airing on local ABC affiliates last weekend (Aug. 28-29). It can be aired between August 28-Sept. 19, 2010 on local stations, so check your local listings. Both half-hours will air nationally on ABC on Sunday, September 19 back-to-back at 5pm ET/4pm CT/3pm MT-PT. The first fall preview special is about the new fall dramas that will be joining the line-up in September including No Ordinary Family, My Generation and two 10:00 PM dramas: Detroit 1-8-7 and The Whole Truth. And the second special highlights ABC Laugh On Wednesday featuring returning hits, The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town as well as new comedies; Better Together, Happy Endings and Mr. Sunshine. These specials will air on ABC-owned cable networks as well, as of now ABC Family has scheduled them both on Monday, Sept. 13 at 12am ET/11pm CT. Both specials are on abc.com as well: Laugh ON and No Ordinary Dramas.
The CBS Fall 2010 preview special, simply titled again CBS Fall Preview will be a primetime special previewing CBS's new fall lineup, to be hosted by the stars of the new Wednesday drama The Defenders - Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell - will be broadcast on Monday (Sept. 6) from 8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. The preview will feature sneak peeks of the five new additions to CBS's primetime schedule this fall: the drama series Hawaii Five-0, The Defenders and Blue Bloods and the comedy series $#*! My Dad Says and Mike & Molly. Hosts Jerry O'Connell and Jim Belushi will introduce the video previews for each new series with a fun mix of banter during what appears to be a wardrobe fitting for their Vegas lawyer characters, surrounded by bold suits and pinky rings galore.
The NBC Fall 2010 preview special (titled once again The NBC Primetime Preview) has aired on their cable owned networks & local NBC affiliates since Aug. 7 and will continue to run through Sept. 27 (in NYC on WNBC Sat Sept. 4 at 7pm). The lively 30-minute cavalcade will feature exclusive, behind-the-scenes views to be delivered across a wide gamut of NBC Universal media platforms beginning August 7 through September 27. The program will run nearly 500 times over broadcast and cable platforms. The annual Fall program will be offered to NBC's 232 television stations (check local listings) as well as other channel entities such as USA, Syfy, Bravo, UniHD, Chiller, mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen, Sleuth, NBC2Go, on-demand and broadband. NBC stations will also make it available on their websites while NBC.com will feature it as well. NBC stations can also run it on their websites while NBC.com is also running it as well. In addition, the program will be once again screened on selected American Airlines flights (estimated to be shown on approximately 11,000 flights). Watch now online.
The Fox Fall 2010 preview special has already started airing on local Fox affiliates (in NY WNYW Sat Sept. 4 at 3pm). It will only run on local Fox affiliates again and not on Fox in primetime. No information is available as of this writing on who is hosting and what the special features. No idea yet also if it will be on fox.com.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Space Probe Disintegration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wolowitz tries to distract Raj, who is anxiously awaiting data from a space probe he helped launch. Meanwhile, Sheldon and Leonard go dress shopping with Penny and Amy.
The Odd Couple - "The Ghostwriter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Oscar is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix offers his “help” by advising Murph to go in a different direction, making Oscar’s job more difficult.
Mom - "Figgy Pudding and the Rapture" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy convinces herself that everything is fine even though her family is basically homeless. Surprisingly, Bonnie is the one who tries to bring her back to reality.
Mike & Molly - "To Have and Withhold" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly has writer’s block, and she might lose her big advance if she doesn’t cure it fast.
The Comedians - "Charity" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Billy has an awkward interaction with a homeless man, while Josh goes to his crush's "charity" event.
Louie - "The Road: Part 2" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Louie continues his work on the road.
Thursday, May 28
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Catch Louis on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Maz Jobrani (Better Off Ted/The Knights of Prosperity) - Maz appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) - Chris appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin Dillon (Entourage) and Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - They are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about the new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on HuffPost Live at 11am..
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about Aquarius on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Constance discusses reprising her role as Dana Gordon in the highly-anticipated Entourage movie, which hits theaters June 3, on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- The Cast of Entourage) - Kevin Dillon, Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven are guests on the AOL Build Show.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Grizz Chapman (30 Rock) - Grizz will be a guest on Essence Live.