Thursday, September 02, 2010
So, we have so far two new sitcom acquisitions for BET: City Guys and Bernie Mac. In this blog's title I mentioned there are THREE new sitcoms. The other one is... The Cosby Show! Yes, the classic family comedy will have a five-day marathon from Monday, Sept. 27 through Friday, Oct. 1 from 11am-5pm each day! The Huxtables will not be joining the BET regular schedule it seems the following week. Why? It will be joining sister network Centric's primetime fall schedule starting Sept. 27! Centric currently airs sitcoms The Steve Harvey Show & The Jamie Foxx Show along with dramas The A-Team & Miami Vice and animated comedy The Proud Family. They also air Smart Guy stunts. We will have Centric's fall 2010 schedule soon for you, so stay tuned for regular times for The Cosby Show, including a launch marathon of their own on Sunday, Sept. 26. And don't be surprised if you see Cliff and the gang pop-up on BET from time to time.
Anyway, back to the BET Fall schedule. The schedule starts on Monday, Oct. 4 with Bernie Mac in the 10am hour, replacing One on One. Maybe that will move to Centric? We shall see. An hour each of The Game and Everybody Hates Chris remains at 11am & 12pm. Then a movie airs at 1pm leading into The Game's new afternoon timeslot of 3pm, as now Bernie Mac will air in the 4pm hour leading into Everybody Hates Chris in the 5pm hour. On Saturdays, we have City Guys airing usually from 9am-11pm, followed by the return of Sister Sister from 11am-1pm. An hour each of Everybody Hates Chris & The Game airs at 1pm & 2pm leading into Bernie Mac from 3pm-5pm. And finally on Sundays, the only thing of note is Everybody Hates Chris in the 1pm hour leading into Bernie Mac from 2-4pm.
View and discuss the FULL BET Fall 2010 schedule and stay tuned in the coming days for sister network Centric's fall schedule which will have The Cosby Show!
Pretty soon it will be that time of year again...the start of the new TV season. So let's get ready for that with annual network preview specials to inform us on what is new and returning! See our Fall 2009 preview from last year.
First up we will look at ABC. ABC's Fall 2010 preview special is actually in two half-hours. They have been titled ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: Laugh ON and ABC 2010 Red Carpet Premiere Event: No Ordinary Dramas hosted by Cameron Mathison and Nancy O'Dell with reports from Rico Rodriguez of Modern Family. It started airing on local ABC affiliates last weekend (Aug. 28-29). It can be aired between August 28-Sept. 19, 2010 on local stations, so check your local listings. Both half-hours will air nationally on ABC on Sunday, September 19 back-to-back at 5pm ET/4pm CT/3pm MT-PT. The first fall preview special is about the new fall dramas that will be joining the line-up in September including No Ordinary Family, My Generation and two 10:00 PM dramas: Detroit 1-8-7 and The Whole Truth. And the second special highlights ABC Laugh On Wednesday featuring returning hits, The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town as well as new comedies; Better Together, Happy Endings and Mr. Sunshine. These specials will air on ABC-owned cable networks as well, as of now ABC Family has scheduled them both on Monday, Sept. 13 at 12am ET/11pm CT. Both specials are on abc.com as well: Laugh ON and No Ordinary Dramas.
The CBS Fall 2010 preview special, simply titled again CBS Fall Preview will be a primetime special previewing CBS's new fall lineup, to be hosted by the stars of the new Wednesday drama The Defenders - Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell - will be broadcast on Monday (Sept. 6) from 8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. The preview will feature sneak peeks of the five new additions to CBS's primetime schedule this fall: the drama series Hawaii Five-0, The Defenders and Blue Bloods and the comedy series $#*! My Dad Says and Mike & Molly. Hosts Jerry O'Connell and Jim Belushi will introduce the video previews for each new series with a fun mix of banter during what appears to be a wardrobe fitting for their Vegas lawyer characters, surrounded by bold suits and pinky rings galore.
The NBC Fall 2010 preview special (titled once again The NBC Primetime Preview) has aired on their cable owned networks & local NBC affiliates since Aug. 7 and will continue to run through Sept. 27 (in NYC on WNBC Sat Sept. 4 at 7pm). The lively 30-minute cavalcade will feature exclusive, behind-the-scenes views to be delivered across a wide gamut of NBC Universal media platforms beginning August 7 through September 27. The program will run nearly 500 times over broadcast and cable platforms. The annual Fall program will be offered to NBC's 232 television stations (check local listings) as well as other channel entities such as USA, Syfy, Bravo, UniHD, Chiller, mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, Oxygen, Sleuth, NBC2Go, on-demand and broadband. NBC stations will also make it available on their websites while NBC.com will feature it as well. NBC stations can also run it on their websites while NBC.com is also running it as well. In addition, the program will be once again screened on selected American Airlines flights (estimated to be shown on approximately 11,000 flights). Watch now online.
The Fox Fall 2010 preview special has already started airing on local Fox affiliates (in NY WNYW Sat Sept. 4 at 3pm). It will only run on local Fox affiliates again and not on Fox in primetime. No information is available as of this writing on who is hosting and what the special features. No idea yet also if it will be on fox.com.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 12
Bunk'd - "Luke's Back" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Luke gets some summer school help from Ravi and reunites with his siblings; Camp Kikiwaka and its rival engage in a turf war.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Commonism" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Auggie experiences an existential crisis while trying to figure out what he wants to be; Farkle and Maya are caught cheating on a test and must face the school honor board.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Second Thoughts" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Troy discusses her marriage troubles with Hattie.
Friday, February 12
- George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Watch George on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christine Taylor (Hey Dude) - Christine talks about Zoolander 2 on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!/The Cleveland Show) - Seth discusses his Grammy nomination on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics/The Mindy Project) - Anders is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show/Malcolm & Eddie) - Malcolm-Jamal discusses his role as Al Cowlings in FX's American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Bailee Madison (Trophy Wife) - Bailee discusses her shows Good Witch, Once Upon a Time, and attending Fashion Week for the first time on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota talks about How to Be Single on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 at 8am.