Friday, July 23, 2010
CBS Fall 2010 Premiere Dates, New Mid-season Drama; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 26, 2010)
At last CBS has announced its Fall 2010 premiere date and they have announced that most of its new and returning series will premiere during the week of Sept. 20, the official start of the 2010-2011 season. The exceptions are Survivor: Nicaragua, which launches a week earlier (Sept. 15), and The Good Wife and CSI: Miami, which both debut a week later (Sept. 28 and Oct. 3, respectively).
CBS will get an early start on the season with the premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua, the 21st edition of the hit reality series, which launches in its new night of on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. The season premiere will be a lead-in to the season finale of summer staple Big Brother 12 from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS's new season roll-out officially begins on Monday, Sept. 20 during premiere week with the season six debut of sitcom How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of sitcom Rules of Engagement at 8:30 PM, ET/PT, the eighth season premiere of sitcom Two and a Half Men at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, the series premiere of new sitcom Mike & Molly at 9:30 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of drama Hawaii Five-0 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
NCIS returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the two-hour second season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT. The Good Wife returns for its sophomore season a week later on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, while NCIS: Los Angeles will settle into the 9:00 PM hour.
On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Criminal Minds is still at 9:00 PM, ET/PT returning for its sixth season, but now will be followed by the new series The Defenders at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
On Thursday, Sept. 23, CBS opens its new one-hour comedy block with the fourth season premiere of sitcom The Big Bang Theory on its new night and time at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, the #1 scripted program in adults 18-49 will lead into the irreverent new sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says at 8:30 PM, ET/PT. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation returns for its 11th season at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the third season premiere of The Menatlist at 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
The new Friday lineup premieres Sept. 24 with Medium's second season on CBS at a new time of 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by a new two-hour block of New York-based crime dramas featuring the seventh season premiere of CSI: NY on its new night and time of 9:00 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of the new police drama Blue Bloods at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
48 Hours Mystery returns on Saturday, Sept. 25 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, following Crime repeats. Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 26 is the 43rd season of 60 Minutes at approx. 7:30 PM, ET/PT, time is approximate because it will be following late-running football, followed by a 90-minute premiere of The Amazing Race from approx. 8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT and the second season of Undercover Boss at a special time of approx. 10:00 PM, ET/PT. A week later on Sunday, Oct. 3, CSI: Miami makes its ninth season premiere on its night at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, as Undercover Boss settles into its 9:00 PM ET/PT time period.
CBS has ordered a new mid-season series for early 2011. The comedic drama Chaos, starring Freddy Rodriguez, Eric Close, James Murray, Tim Blake Nelson and Carmen Ejogo, has been ordered by CBS for mid-season.
Chaos focuses on a group of rogue CIA spies in the Office of Disruptive Services (ODS), who combat threats to national security amidst bureaucratic gridlock, rampant incompetence and political infighting.
The late order is the second late order for a CBS mid-season series joining comedy Mad Love.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 26-30, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 26, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on both CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Catch Wilmer on TBS' Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not anonunced in advance.
- Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords) - Catch Kristen on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married...with Children) - The sexy and recently pregnant Christina Applgate is on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings for time and station. And then she heads to The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Catch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Oprah Show check your local listings.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - The busy Wilmer visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly but check your listings for time and channel.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or your local station.
- Jason Schwartzman (Bored to Death) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Watch Mary-Louise on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am.
- Lucy Punch (The Class) - Catch Lucy on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on this REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Watch Thomas on this REPEAT of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.