Friday, July 23, 2010
CBS Fall 2010 Premiere Dates, New Mid-season Drama; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 26, 2010)
At last CBS has announced its Fall 2010 premiere date and they have announced that most of its new and returning series will premiere during the week of Sept. 20, the official start of the 2010-2011 season. The exceptions are Survivor: Nicaragua, which launches a week earlier (Sept. 15), and The Good Wife and CSI: Miami, which both debut a week later (Sept. 28 and Oct. 3, respectively).
CBS will get an early start on the season with the premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua, the 21st edition of the hit reality series, which launches in its new night of on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. The season premiere will be a lead-in to the season finale of summer staple Big Brother 12 from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS's new season roll-out officially begins on Monday, Sept. 20 during premiere week with the season six debut of sitcom How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of sitcom Rules of Engagement at 8:30 PM, ET/PT, the eighth season premiere of sitcom Two and a Half Men at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, the series premiere of new sitcom Mike & Molly at 9:30 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of drama Hawaii Five-0 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
NCIS returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the two-hour second season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT. The Good Wife returns for its sophomore season a week later on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, while NCIS: Los Angeles will settle into the 9:00 PM hour.
On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Criminal Minds is still at 9:00 PM, ET/PT returning for its sixth season, but now will be followed by the new series The Defenders at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
On Thursday, Sept. 23, CBS opens its new one-hour comedy block with the fourth season premiere of sitcom The Big Bang Theory on its new night and time at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, the #1 scripted program in adults 18-49 will lead into the irreverent new sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says at 8:30 PM, ET/PT. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation returns for its 11th season at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the third season premiere of The Menatlist at 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
The new Friday lineup premieres Sept. 24 with Medium's second season on CBS at a new time of 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by a new two-hour block of New York-based crime dramas featuring the seventh season premiere of CSI: NY on its new night and time of 9:00 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of the new police drama Blue Bloods at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
48 Hours Mystery returns on Saturday, Sept. 25 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, following Crime repeats. Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 26 is the 43rd season of 60 Minutes at approx. 7:30 PM, ET/PT, time is approximate because it will be following late-running football, followed by a 90-minute premiere of The Amazing Race from approx. 8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT and the second season of Undercover Boss at a special time of approx. 10:00 PM, ET/PT. A week later on Sunday, Oct. 3, CSI: Miami makes its ninth season premiere on its night at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, as Undercover Boss settles into its 9:00 PM ET/PT time period.
CBS has ordered a new mid-season series for early 2011. The comedic drama Chaos, starring Freddy Rodriguez, Eric Close, James Murray, Tim Blake Nelson and Carmen Ejogo, has been ordered by CBS for mid-season.
Chaos focuses on a group of rogue CIA spies in the Office of Disruptive Services (ODS), who combat threats to national security amidst bureaucratic gridlock, rampant incompetence and political infighting.
The late order is the second late order for a CBS mid-season series joining comedy Mad Love.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 26-30, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 26, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on both CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Catch Wilmer on TBS' Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not anonunced in advance.
- Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords) - Catch Kristen on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married...with Children) - The sexy and recently pregnant Christina Applgate is on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings for time and station. And then she heads to The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Catch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Oprah Show check your local listings.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - The busy Wilmer visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly but check your listings for time and channel.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or your local station.
- Jason Schwartzman (Bored to Death) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Watch Mary-Louise on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am.
- Lucy Punch (The Class) - Catch Lucy on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on this REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Watch Thomas on this REPEAT of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.