Friday, July 23, 2010
CBS Fall 2010 Premiere Dates, New Mid-season Drama; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 26, 2010)
At last CBS has announced its Fall 2010 premiere date and they have announced that most of its new and returning series will premiere during the week of Sept. 20, the official start of the 2010-2011 season. The exceptions are Survivor: Nicaragua, which launches a week earlier (Sept. 15), and The Good Wife and CSI: Miami, which both debut a week later (Sept. 28 and Oct. 3, respectively).
CBS will get an early start on the season with the premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua, the 21st edition of the hit reality series, which launches in its new night of on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. The season premiere will be a lead-in to the season finale of summer staple Big Brother 12 from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS's new season roll-out officially begins on Monday, Sept. 20 during premiere week with the season six debut of sitcom How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of sitcom Rules of Engagement at 8:30 PM, ET/PT, the eighth season premiere of sitcom Two and a Half Men at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, the series premiere of new sitcom Mike & Molly at 9:30 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of drama Hawaii Five-0 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
NCIS returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the two-hour second season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT. The Good Wife returns for its sophomore season a week later on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, while NCIS: Los Angeles will settle into the 9:00 PM hour.
On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Criminal Minds is still at 9:00 PM, ET/PT returning for its sixth season, but now will be followed by the new series The Defenders at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
On Thursday, Sept. 23, CBS opens its new one-hour comedy block with the fourth season premiere of sitcom The Big Bang Theory on its new night and time at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, the #1 scripted program in adults 18-49 will lead into the irreverent new sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says at 8:30 PM, ET/PT. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation returns for its 11th season at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the third season premiere of The Menatlist at 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
The new Friday lineup premieres Sept. 24 with Medium's second season on CBS at a new time of 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by a new two-hour block of New York-based crime dramas featuring the seventh season premiere of CSI: NY on its new night and time of 9:00 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of the new police drama Blue Bloods at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
48 Hours Mystery returns on Saturday, Sept. 25 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, following Crime repeats. Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 26 is the 43rd season of 60 Minutes at approx. 7:30 PM, ET/PT, time is approximate because it will be following late-running football, followed by a 90-minute premiere of The Amazing Race from approx. 8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT and the second season of Undercover Boss at a special time of approx. 10:00 PM, ET/PT. A week later on Sunday, Oct. 3, CSI: Miami makes its ninth season premiere on its night at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, as Undercover Boss settles into its 9:00 PM ET/PT time period.
CBS has ordered a new mid-season series for early 2011. The comedic drama Chaos, starring Freddy Rodriguez, Eric Close, James Murray, Tim Blake Nelson and Carmen Ejogo, has been ordered by CBS for mid-season.
Chaos focuses on a group of rogue CIA spies in the Office of Disruptive Services (ODS), who combat threats to national security amidst bureaucratic gridlock, rampant incompetence and political infighting.
The late order is the second late order for a CBS mid-season series joining comedy Mad Love.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 26-30, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 26, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on both CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Catch Wilmer on TBS' Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not anonunced in advance.
- Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords) - Catch Kristen on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married...with Children) - The sexy and recently pregnant Christina Applgate is on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings for time and station. And then she heads to The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Catch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Oprah Show check your local listings.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - The busy Wilmer visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly but check your listings for time and channel.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or your local station.
- Jason Schwartzman (Bored to Death) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Watch Mary-Louise on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am.
- Lucy Punch (The Class) - Catch Lucy on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on this REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Watch Thomas on this REPEAT of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.