Friday, July 23, 2010
CBS Fall 2010 Premiere Dates, New Mid-season Drama; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 26, 2010)
At last CBS has announced its Fall 2010 premiere date and they have announced that most of its new and returning series will premiere during the week of Sept. 20, the official start of the 2010-2011 season. The exceptions are Survivor: Nicaragua, which launches a week earlier (Sept. 15), and The Good Wife and CSI: Miami, which both debut a week later (Sept. 28 and Oct. 3, respectively).
CBS will get an early start on the season with the premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua, the 21st edition of the hit reality series, which launches in its new night of on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 8:00 PM, ET/PT. The season premiere will be a lead-in to the season finale of summer staple Big Brother 12 from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS's new season roll-out officially begins on Monday, Sept. 20 during premiere week with the season six debut of sitcom How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of sitcom Rules of Engagement at 8:30 PM, ET/PT, the eighth season premiere of sitcom Two and a Half Men at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, the series premiere of new sitcom Mike & Molly at 9:30 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of drama Hawaii Five-0 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
NCIS returns for its eighth season on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, followed by the two-hour second season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles from 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT. The Good Wife returns for its sophomore season a week later on Tuesday, Sept. 28 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, while NCIS: Los Angeles will settle into the 9:00 PM hour.
On Wednesday, Sept. 22, Criminal Minds is still at 9:00 PM, ET/PT returning for its sixth season, but now will be followed by the new series The Defenders at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
On Thursday, Sept. 23, CBS opens its new one-hour comedy block with the fourth season premiere of sitcom The Big Bang Theory on its new night and time at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, the #1 scripted program in adults 18-49 will lead into the irreverent new sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says at 8:30 PM, ET/PT. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation returns for its 11th season at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the third season premiere of The Menatlist at 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT.
The new Friday lineup premieres Sept. 24 with Medium's second season on CBS at a new time of 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by a new two-hour block of New York-based crime dramas featuring the seventh season premiere of CSI: NY on its new night and time of 9:00 PM, ET/PT and the series debut of the new police drama Blue Bloods at 10:00 PM, ET/PT.
48 Hours Mystery returns on Saturday, Sept. 25 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, following Crime repeats. Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 26 is the 43rd season of 60 Minutes at approx. 7:30 PM, ET/PT, time is approximate because it will be following late-running football, followed by a 90-minute premiere of The Amazing Race from approx. 8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT and the second season of Undercover Boss at a special time of approx. 10:00 PM, ET/PT. A week later on Sunday, Oct. 3, CSI: Miami makes its ninth season premiere on its night at 10:00 PM, ET/PT, as Undercover Boss settles into its 9:00 PM ET/PT time period.
CBS has ordered a new mid-season series for early 2011. The comedic drama Chaos, starring Freddy Rodriguez, Eric Close, James Murray, Tim Blake Nelson and Carmen Ejogo, has been ordered by CBS for mid-season.
Chaos focuses on a group of rogue CIA spies in the Office of Disruptive Services (ODS), who combat threats to national security amidst bureaucratic gridlock, rampant incompetence and political infighting.
The late order is the second late order for a CBS mid-season series joining comedy Mad Love.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 26-30, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 26, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on both CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Catch Wilmer on TBS' Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not anonunced in advance.
- Kristen Schaal (Flight of the Conchords) - Catch Kristen on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?/Jesse/Married...with Children) - The sexy and recently pregnant Christina Applgate is on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am and LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings for time and station. And then she heads to The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Catch Lisa on a REPEAT of The Oprah Show check your local listings.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - The busy Wilmer visits LIVE! with Regis & Kelly but check your listings for time and channel.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Catch Cybill on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or your local station.
- Jason Schwartzman (Bored to Death) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Watch Mary-Louise on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am.
- Lucy Punch (The Class) - Catch Lucy on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on this REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Neil on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Watch Thomas on this REPEAT of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.