Friday, July 02, 2010
2010 4th of July Weekend TV Marathons; NBC Pulls Love Bites from Fall 2010; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 5, 2010)
Among the marathons we have already mentioned include The A-Team on Centric on July 4, Syfy's The Greatest American Hero marathon on July 4, Hallmark's The Golden Girls marathon on July 5, ION's Without a Trace launch marathon on July 5, TV Land's Bewitched marathon from 8am-5pm on July 5, and Martin's marathon on TV One on July 5.
Among the other marathons airing this weekend are Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Logo tonight from 6pm-12am, BET's One on One marathon on Saturday (July 3) from 9am-7:30pm, ABC Family's America's Funniest Home Videos on Saturday (July 3) from 11am-2am, GMC's Sister Sister marathon from 9am-2am on Saturday (July 3), GMC's Sue Thomas F.B.eye marathon from 9am-2am on Sunday (July 4), Ugly Betty marathon on TV Guide Channel on Sunday (July 4) from 12pm-12am, Chiller's The X-Files marathon on Monday (July 5) from 9am-5pm, Oxygen's Roseanne marathon on Monday (July 5)from 10am-7pm, another The Golden Girls marathon but on WE tv from 8pm-1am on Monday (July 5), and USA Network has a weekend marathon of Royal Pains today, House on Saturday, NCIS on Sunday, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Monday. Other notables include BBC America's Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon on Monday from 8am-7pm, A&E has Criminal Minds on Sunday and Hoarders on Monday, and network TV specials on ABC (America Celebrates July 4th at Ford's Theatre hosted by Modern Family's Ty Burrell) tonight at 9pm, NBC (Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular) on Sunday at 9pm and CBS (The Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular) at 10pm on Sunday.
Our friends at TV Tango have compiled a FULL LIST of marathons from Friday to Monday! Bring out your lawn chair, throw some burgers on the BBQ, and watch some television. TV Tango has your complete guide to Independence-Day themed programming as well as series and movie marathons on TV for the entire Fourth of July Weekend.
Meanwhile, we have a change to NBC's fall 2010 schedule. NBC will debut the newly revised edition of its previously announced The Apprentice series on Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT beginning this Fall instead of new series Love Bites starring Becki Newton.
NBC and Donald Trump want to put America back to work -- and after a long wait, the boardroom will be open again for candidates who have lost their jobs as the network showcases an updated version of the popular original alternative series The Apprentice, with Trump returning to preside.
Love Bites, the hour-long romantic comedy anthology series that was previously scheduled for Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. ET beginning this Fall, will premiere later during the 2010-11 season. Why the delay? There are a lot of production issues going around and it wouldn't be ready for September.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 5-9, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 5, 2010
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - This is a repeat, but catch Alec again on Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - This is a repeat also, but catch Lizzy again on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Catch him on this repeat of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - This is a repeat, but catch Mario on Lopez Tonight again on TBS at 11pm.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Once again a repeat, but catch Ken again on The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your local listings.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) - This is a repeat, but catch Jason on HLN's The Joy Behar Show at 9pm.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Old Christine/Seinfeld) - This is a repeat but catch Julia on The Ellen DeGeneres Show again.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Catch Bill again on this repeat of The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your TV listings.
- Roseanne (Roseanne) - This is a repeat, but catch Roseanne on The Wendy Williams Show, either on BET at 12am or your local station.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - This is a repeat of Betty on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits NBC's Today show sometime between 7-9am and then later The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?) - This is a repeat, but catch Terry on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage) - This is a repeat, but catch Jeremy on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT/PT.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - This is a repeat but catch the legendary Carl Reiner on The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your local listings.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve drops by Live! with Regis & Kelly, so check your local listings and then on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC to probably talk about him leaving the sitcom. And if you missed him on The Ellen DeGeneres Show from May, catch that again.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - This is a repeat, but catch Jennie again on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT/PT.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Carol Burnett, Henry Winkler and Valerie Bertinelli - Catch a special repeat of three classic sitcom stars on The Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Jason on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - This is also a repeat, but catch Valerie being a co-host again on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.