Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 1
Dog with a Blog - "The Mutt and the Mogul" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A wealthy businessman wants to buy Stan from the family and use him for his animal rescue campaign; Tyler, Avery and Chloe hire actors to play their parents and turn down the offer.
Girls Meets World - "Girl Meets the Truth" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cory teaches a lesson on truth; in the aftermath, Riley and Maya feel bad about lying to Farkle about his acting; Maya contemplates keeping a locket she found.
Friday, August 1
- Martin Lawrence (Partners/Martin) - Watch Martin on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Tune in to see Jada on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs a song on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Pooch Hall (The Game) - Pooch is a guest on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- The Wayans Brothers - Damon, Shawn, Marlon and Keenen are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.