Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 1
The Middle - "The Loneliest Locker" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Mike scramble to find second jobs in a desperate attempt to afford sending Sue to a good college next year. Sue and Brad strive to do something different and important while writing, directing and starring in the senior play, entitled “The Loneliest Locker,” instead of eating the family out of house and home, Axl literally begins to take the home apart when he removes -- without asking -- as many household items as he can to furnish his and Hutch's new rented house, and Brick drives the family crazy when he finds a box containing all of his noisy and annoying childhood toys -- that were purposely stowed away by Frankie -- and begins playing with them.
The Goldbergs - "Mama Drama" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Adam’s desire to be the lead in the school musical, “Jesus Christ Superstar,” goes unfulfilled when he’s cast in something other than the leading role. Insistent her son is a star, Beverly casts Adam in a rival show, but when he becomes too self-obsessed for the rest of the cast, Beverly makes a drastic decision. Meanwhile, Murray’s disdain for traffic results in leaving every sporting event early much to Barry’s dismay, including a Flyers game that ends with an unprecedented event. Actor and comedienne Ana Gasteyer guest stars.
Modern Family - "Do Not Push" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Jay and Gloria’s anniversary and they can’t seem to get on the same page on what kind of gift to give – sentimental or expensive? And, the Dunphys head to Caltech for Alex’s college tour and while Claire is busy convincing her to choose this school and stay close to home, Phil, Luke and Haley branch off to participate in a psyche experiment. Mitch and Cam are taking a new family portrait with Lily to replace the old one above their mantel, but Lily gives some serious face.
black-ish - "The Talk" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre, disappointed that Bow has already given Andre Jr. “the talk” because she thinks he’s too big of a prude to do it, decides to rectify matters by giving his son HIS version of “the talk.” But Dre soon finds himself wishing he’d left well enough alone when Andre Jr. starts to drive him crazy with non-stop questions about sex.
The League - "The Hot Tub" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Jenny get a hot tub, Taco shops for a new home, Pete tries to put an end to hand holding.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Shawn" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Though Shawn thought she was looking for a man named Marcus, Todd discovers that Shawn is actually carrying his child.
Wednesday, October 1
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Cristin on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil continues to make the rounds on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Gone Girl on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Tune in to see Nasim on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher talks about being crowned the "best butt in primetime" and shares who he still keeps in touch with from SVU on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Entusiasm) - Jeff chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James dishes with Rach on his new show, CSI: Cyber, and shares an adorable pic of his kids on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings. Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - Craig discusses the USO Comedy Tour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new project Brown Bag Wine Tasting on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.