Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Space Probe Disintegration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wolowitz tries to distract Raj, who is anxiously awaiting data from a space probe he helped launch. Meanwhile, Sheldon and Leonard go dress shopping with Penny and Amy.
The Odd Couple - "The Ghostwriter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Oscar is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix offers his “help” by advising Murph to go in a different direction, making Oscar’s job more difficult.
Mom - "Figgy Pudding and the Rapture" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy convinces herself that everything is fine even though her family is basically homeless. Surprisingly, Bonnie is the one who tries to bring her back to reality.
Mike & Molly - "To Have and Withhold" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly has writer’s block, and she might lose her big advance if she doesn’t cure it fast.
The Comedians - "Charity" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Billy has an awkward interaction with a homeless man, while Josh goes to his crush's "charity" event.
Louie - "The Road: Part 2" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Louie continues his work on the road.
Thursday, May 28
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Catch Louis on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Maz Jobrani (Better Off Ted/The Knights of Prosperity) - Maz appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) - Chris appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin Dillon (Entourage) and Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - They are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adrian Grenier (Entourage) - Adrian talks about the new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on HuffPost Live at 11am..
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about Aquarius on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Constance discusses reprising her role as Dana Gordon in the highly-anticipated Entourage movie, which hits theaters June 3, on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- The Cast of Entourage) - Kevin Dillon, Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Jerry Ferrara and Jeremy Piven are guests on the AOL Build Show.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Grizz Chapman (30 Rock) - Grizz will be a guest on Essence Live.