Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.