Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 24
Dog with a Blog - "Guess Who Becomes President" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Avery is the only one running for President; she convinces Max to run against her so that she has some competition.
Jessie - "Driving Miss Crazy" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Emma enlists Jessie's help to teach her how to drive; Luke and Ravi accidentally break one of Zuri's games.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Keisha's Corner" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Keisha adds a segment to the guys' show called ``Keisha's Corner.''
Friday, April 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) - Jon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Pollak (Mom/Work with Me) - Kevin chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He also talks about his new film Misery Loves Comedy on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario joins a panel of experts to break down all the latest headlines on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Eden Sher (The Middle) - Eden stops by The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique talks about her new film Blackbird on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Parks and Recreation/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on People Now.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about Hallmark Channel's When Calls the Heart on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:20am.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne talks about her elimination from Dancing with the Stars and new book TOX-SICK on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.