Monday, June 14, 2010
TV One July 2010, 2nd Season of Life After Featuring Stories on Fresh Prince, All of Us Stars; Minor Hallmark Channel Schedule Change
On Monday, July 5, 2010 beginning at 1pm, TV One presents the "Martin: Independance Day Marathon" featuring characters Martin, Gina, Tommy, Cole, and Pam in all of their comic glory. Watch all night through 5am!
On Saturday, July 17 beginning at 5:30pm, it's all about the Queen, as TV One presents the "Living Single: Queen For a Day Marathon" featuring episodes of the popular sitcom focusing on Queen Latifah's character Khadijah, all leading into the TV One premiere of the blockbuster comedy film Bringing Down the House starring Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. Then there is more Living Single fun from 10pm-6am! Get on your high chair and pretend you're the Queen!
On Saturday, July 24 beginning at 6am thru 12 midnight, feel the need for a little holiday cheer, and don't want to wait six months for it? Let TV One and your favorite stars celebrate the holiday season as TV One presents "Jolly July," a 24-hour 'Christmas in July' marathon of Christmas programming featuring a Christmas movie thriller and holiday episodes of favorite TV One comedies Amen, The Jeffersons, All of Us, Good Times, The PJ's, Sanford & Son, Eve, Living Single, All of Us, A Different World, The Tracy Morgan Show, and of course Martin. So ignore the heat, cuddle up with a loved one, and start your Christmas celebration a little early this year with TV One. And select encores will air from 2am-6am featuring The Tracy Morgan Show, Martin and Living Single.
And finally, we normally don't cover TV One's original series, but this one has backstories on some sitcom stars. On Sunday, July 18, beginning at 2:30pm through 7pm, as viewers anticipate the premiere of the new season of the TV One original bio-series Life After on Monday, July 19, TV One takes a look back with the airing of a Life After: 1st Season Marathon, featuring the stories such as Jamiee Foxxworth (Family Matters) and more. When she was mysteriously fired from Family Matters in the middle of the series, the stability and money that came from her job melted away. From acts of desperation to life changing events, find out from Jaimee how she has turned her life around. Catch this episode again at 6:00pm on the night.
On Monday, July 19 at 9pm & 9:30pm, "life after" doesn't mean "life over" as TV One proudly presents the second season premiere of original bio-series Life After. In the careers of all celebrities, there are turning points that change their lives forever afterwards, be they public or private, triumphant or tragic. Life After is the series of half-hour shows that investigates these moments from a celebrity's point of view, as they tell the stories of the transformative events in their lives and share their joy and happiness, pain and loss, while also sharing the ways in which they evolved from these experiences to a more fulfilling "life after." In the season premiere at 9pm, the story of Janet Hubert is featured including the story of why she left the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in the middle of its run. Encores at 12am. Future new episodes will premiere on Mondays at 9pm. On Monday, July 26 at 9pm, TV One premieres another episode of original bio-series Life After and in this episode, the story of actress Elise Neal (All of Us, The Hughleys) is featured.
The Hallmark Channel has made a slight schedule change that starts next Monday (June 28). They will remove an hour of paid programming weekdays in the 8am hour. We get an extra hour of The Golden Girls now, so it will air in mornings from 8am-11am! But don't get too used to that. Because starting Monday, July 12, an extra hour of I Love Lucy will be added in the 10am hour, so the mornings will have The Golden Girls from 8am-10am and I Love Lucy from 10am-1pm starting July 12. With the reduction of one hour of paid programming from the schedule, Hallmark must be planning for fall when Martha Stewart programming takes over weekdays from 10am-6pm. Will more paid programming be removed by fall? We will have to wait and see. As of now paid programming airs weekdays 4am-8am after this change on June 28.
In other Hallmark Channel scheduling news, there will be a marathon of The Golden Girls on Monday, July 5, as we observe Independence Day. The marathon runs from 8am-4am...that's all day of nothing but Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia! Thank you for being a friend, indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 24
Grandfathered - "Gerald's Two Dads" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans his annual Malibu Thanksgiving day with one of the hottest stomach models on Instagram, but his plans get derailed when he swings by Sara’s house for an obligatory holiday visit and feels threatened by the return of her ex-boyfriend, Bruce (guest star Andy Daly).
The Grinder - "Giving Thanks, Getting Justice" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After spending several holidays away from the family, Dean is thrilled to be reunited with them for his first real Thanksgiving celebration in a long time. But his overexcitement and meddling brings a major, unexpected family secret to light. Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks reveal the chain of events that led to Dean’s departure from his hit TV drama, “The Grinder,” and its subsequent cancellation.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Christmas" (ABC Family, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi encourages Yolanda to reach out to her estranged sister; Josh tries to cheer up Elliot.
Family Time - "Kissing Cousins" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ebony works on a school project to plot out her family tree; Lisa is getting older and refuses to admit that she needs glasses.
Tuesday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Catch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Oliver Platt (The Big C) - Oliver appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) - Diedrich appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Janet Varney (You're the Worst) - Janet is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Bad Teacher/Life with Bonnie) - David talks about The Wiz Live! on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe battled a health crisis that could have killed her. She returns with the important health lesson she wants you to know on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen Cleghorne (Cleghorne!) - Ellen learns how to carve the bird on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace serves up sweet treats for Thanksgiving like candy acorns on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) and Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years - Holly and Danica are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.