Sunday, June 27, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 3, week of June 14-20)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - Only 1.53 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating for the series finale. That is the lowest ratings for the show ever, I believe. Not a good way to go out.
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - Did even worse than the lead-in with 1.37 million and only a 0.6 18-49 rating for an all-new episode of this canceled series. It will be moving to 7pm starting tonight...how low will it go there?
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.22 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating. Down from previous week...maybe the terrible 7pm hour was the reason.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.5 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, down from previous week but built from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.59 million and a 2.1 18-49 rating. Very good 18-49 rating for a repeat in the summer and the same as previous week despite 7-9pm being down.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 3.84 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat, down some from previous week.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be all-new episodes of summer dramas Scoundrels and The Gates. NBC will have a two-hour Dateline followed by NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by a repeat of I Get That a Lot and 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
Coming Week Preview (June 28-July 3):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new two-hour Last Comic Standing from 9-11pm, with a new episode of drama Persons Unknown now at 8pm instead of 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have all-new episode of the hilarious Wipeout, then an all-new episode of the high stakes game show Downfall and an all-new addicting Primetime: Mind Games episode. NBC has a new Losing it with Jillian and America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, its new summer home. CBS will have repeats of How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have the third episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special new Wipeout followed by episode two of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then docudrama Boston Med. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Friday, ABC has a special called America Celebrates July 4th at Fords Theatre hosted by Modern Family's Ty Burrell at 9pm, followed by 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with mostly repeats and burn-offs. CBS has a burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm followed by the movie Die Another Day starting at 9pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC will air the last two episodes of canceled drama the forgotten from 9-11pm. NBC is in repeats.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.