Sunday, June 13, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 31-June 6)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - Only 2.17 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for an all-new episode...counting down to the final episodes.
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - Did even worse than the lead-in with 1.93 million and only a 0.7 18-49 rating for an all-new episode of this canceled series.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.78 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating. Decent.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.62 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, nice holds from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.64 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating. Very good 18-49 rating for a repeat in the summer.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.21 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a repeat, much better retention than it normally does when it is all-new.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.16 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Nearly identical from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in again but down a bit from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.84 million and a 2.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...on par from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.12 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49 again, but down some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did only 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat again and lower than the competing ABC sitcom.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did 4.15 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday...but lower than previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - The 8pm repeat did 4.44 million and a 1.1. 18-49 rating, but the 8:30pm repeat built on that and did 4.49 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a solid 5.04 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat, especially for a live action comedy.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Could be better, but on par really from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.53 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Lower even than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The third episode did 2.18 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating. Ouch again. Down from previous week and series lows.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - The regular 9pm edition repeat did only 2.71 million and a a 1.2 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in. A 10pm repeat did 2.62 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating. This show doesn't seem to repeat as well anymore.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did 2.64 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing only 2.21 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. ABC airs Game 5 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET, following Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 7pm ET with guest Jessica Alba. NBC is airing a new Dateline at 7pm, followed by reality repeats. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by the Tony Awards.
Coming Week Preview (June 14-20):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm followed by a new episode of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode three of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #6 leading into Game 6 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, with Losing it with Jillian moving to 8pm instead of 10pm. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new America's Got Talent at 9pm but has repeats at 8 and 10. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! CBS has a new special from 8-9:30pm titled TV's Greatest Surprises: A Paley Center for Media Special. The CW is in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 7 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #7 at 8pm, if necessary. If not, two burn-off episodes of Better off Ted will air in the 8pm hour if there is no game. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, so one-hour only. And CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the Miley Cyrus in London: Live at the 02 concert at 8pm. Then later a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC has the network television premiere of the movie She's the Man from 8-10pm and NBC has third round coverage of the U.S. Open for golf from 4:30-11pm.
And next Sunday, ABC will launch its new Summer Sunday with dramas Scoundrels at 9pm and The Gates at 10pm. Looks good! CBS has 60 Minutes at 7om but then repeats. NBC will have final round play of the U.S. Open from 3pm-9pm, followed by NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.