Sunday, June 13, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 31-June 6)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - Only 2.17 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for an all-new episode...counting down to the final episodes.
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - Did even worse than the lead-in with 1.93 million and only a 0.7 18-49 rating for an all-new episode of this canceled series.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.78 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating. Decent.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.62 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, nice holds from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.64 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating. Very good 18-49 rating for a repeat in the summer.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.21 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a repeat, much better retention than it normally does when it is all-new.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.16 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Nearly identical from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in again but down a bit from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.84 million and a 2.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...on par from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.12 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49 again, but down some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did only 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat again and lower than the competing ABC sitcom.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did 4.15 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday...but lower than previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - The 8pm repeat did 4.44 million and a 1.1. 18-49 rating, but the 8:30pm repeat built on that and did 4.49 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a solid 5.04 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat, especially for a live action comedy.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Could be better, but on par really from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.53 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Lower even than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The third episode did 2.18 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating. Ouch again. Down from previous week and series lows.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - The regular 9pm edition repeat did only 2.71 million and a a 1.2 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in. A 10pm repeat did 2.62 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating. This show doesn't seem to repeat as well anymore.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did 2.64 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing only 2.21 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. ABC airs Game 5 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET, following Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 7pm ET with guest Jessica Alba. NBC is airing a new Dateline at 7pm, followed by reality repeats. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by the Tony Awards.
Coming Week Preview (June 14-20):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm followed by a new episode of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode three of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #6 leading into Game 6 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, with Losing it with Jillian moving to 8pm instead of 10pm. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new America's Got Talent at 9pm but has repeats at 8 and 10. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! CBS has a new special from 8-9:30pm titled TV's Greatest Surprises: A Paley Center for Media Special. The CW is in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 7 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #7 at 8pm, if necessary. If not, two burn-off episodes of Better off Ted will air in the 8pm hour if there is no game. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, so one-hour only. And CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the Miley Cyrus in London: Live at the 02 concert at 8pm. Then later a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC has the network television premiere of the movie She's the Man from 8-10pm and NBC has third round coverage of the U.S. Open for golf from 4:30-11pm.
And next Sunday, ABC will launch its new Summer Sunday with dramas Scoundrels at 9pm and The Gates at 10pm. Looks good! CBS has 60 Minutes at 7om but then repeats. NBC will have final round play of the U.S. Open from 3pm-9pm, followed by NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, February 21
The Middle - "Dental Hijinks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Frankie tries to get a stubborn Mike to go see Dr. Goodwin to take care of his toothache, Mike convinces the good doctor to leave his tooth alone and tell Frankie that everything was ok. But the two find themselves fabricating a story that’s so ludicrous that they fear Frankie will figure out the truth. Meanwhile, since they are nearing the end of their senior year at college, Axl, Hutch and Kenny decide it’s time to sell the fabled Winnebago; Sue tries her best to let college golf cart driver Tyler know that she likes him; and Brick attempts to write a historic Scottish rap musical – a la “Hamilton” – focusing on the life of Sergeant Charles Stuart MacKenzie.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Gloves Are Off" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica accidentally befriends Marvin’s ex-wife, Sarah (Heather Locklear), and tries to help her and Honey settle their longstanding rift. Meanwhile, Louis and the boys are on a mission to determine Grandma’s true age in hopes of surprising her with a new, free motorized wheelchair.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Confirmation" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Shannon asks VP Murray to be her godfather leading up to her confirmation, Eileen fears her own relationship with him might be moving too fast. Shannon’s big day also has a surprising effect on Kenny’s relationship when Brett says, “I love you,” sending Kenny into a tailspin. Meanwhile, the return of a hot former babysitter puts Pat and Jimmy at odds when she constantly makes passes at Pat.
New Girl - "Rumsprings" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jess gets nervous about starting her new position as principal, Nick and Schmidt decide to take her on a relaxing day trip to Solvang, which quickly goes “sideways.” Meanwhile, with Cece’s help, Winston tries to finalize his divorce from Rhonda, but finds that he and Aly are caught in a series of never-ending pranks.
The Mick - "The Baggage" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey’s unwanted suitors team up to thwart her new romance. Meanwhile, Sabrina and Alba teach Ben a lesson in responsibility.
The Detour - "The City" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Robin isn't thrilled about Nate's new job in New York City, but the family heads out from Syracuse anyway.
Teachers - "Brokebitch Mountain" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ms. Feldman can’t make ends meet on her salary and takes a second job. Ms. Watson notices a romantic spark between two of her second grade students. The Teachers take advantage of Principal Pearson.
Tuesday, February 21
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of the 2011 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison talks about Girls and Get Out on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. Finally, she will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Mae Whitman (Arrested Development) - Mae visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. She also talks about Rock Dog on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason talks about The Detour on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Judd Hirsch (Superior Donuts/Dear John/Taxi) and Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Judd and Jermaine are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym and Kim Gravel help a woman snoop through two bachelors' homes in order to choose which she should date on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Gerasimovich (The Detour) - Ashley is a guest on Cheddar at 12:15pm. Ashley and Liam Carroll will be on Facebook Live on the TBS Facebook account at approx. 4:00pm. Ashley, Liam, Jason Jones and Natalie Zea will be on Facebook live at approx. 8:00PM EST on the official The Detour Facebook page.