Sunday, June 13, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 31-June 6)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - Only 2.17 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for an all-new episode...counting down to the final episodes.
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - Did even worse than the lead-in with 1.93 million and only a 0.7 18-49 rating for an all-new episode of this canceled series.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.78 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating. Decent.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.62 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, nice holds from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.64 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating. Very good 18-49 rating for a repeat in the summer.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.21 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a repeat, much better retention than it normally does when it is all-new.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.16 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Nearly identical from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in again but down a bit from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.84 million and a 2.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...on par from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.12 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49 again, but down some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did only 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat again and lower than the competing ABC sitcom.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did 4.15 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday...but lower than previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - The 8pm repeat did 4.44 million and a 1.1. 18-49 rating, but the 8:30pm repeat built on that and did 4.49 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a solid 5.04 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat, especially for a live action comedy.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Could be better, but on par really from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.53 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Lower even than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The third episode did 2.18 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating. Ouch again. Down from previous week and series lows.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - The regular 9pm edition repeat did only 2.71 million and a a 1.2 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in. A 10pm repeat did 2.62 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating. This show doesn't seem to repeat as well anymore.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did 2.64 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing only 2.21 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. ABC airs Game 5 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET, following Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 7pm ET with guest Jessica Alba. NBC is airing a new Dateline at 7pm, followed by reality repeats. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by the Tony Awards.
Coming Week Preview (June 14-20):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm followed by a new episode of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode three of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #6 leading into Game 6 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, with Losing it with Jillian moving to 8pm instead of 10pm. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new America's Got Talent at 9pm but has repeats at 8 and 10. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! CBS has a new special from 8-9:30pm titled TV's Greatest Surprises: A Paley Center for Media Special. The CW is in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 7 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #7 at 8pm, if necessary. If not, two burn-off episodes of Better off Ted will air in the 8pm hour if there is no game. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, so one-hour only. And CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the Miley Cyrus in London: Live at the 02 concert at 8pm. Then later a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC has the network television premiere of the movie She's the Man from 8-10pm and NBC has third round coverage of the U.S. Open for golf from 4:30-11pm.
And next Sunday, ABC will launch its new Summer Sunday with dramas Scoundrels at 9pm and The Gates at 10pm. Looks good! CBS has 60 Minutes at 7om but then repeats. NBC will have final round play of the U.S. Open from 3pm-9pm, followed by NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.