Sunday, June 13, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 31-June 6)
- 'Til Death (Fox) - Only 2.17 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating for an all-new episode...counting down to the final episodes.
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - Did even worse than the lead-in with 1.93 million and only a 0.7 18-49 rating for an all-new episode of this canceled series.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.78 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating. Decent.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.62 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat, nice holds from the lead-in.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.64 million and a 2.0 18-49 rating. Very good 18-49 rating for a repeat in the summer.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.21 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a repeat, much better retention than it normally does when it is all-new.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 5.16 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat. Nearly identical from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.45 million and a 1.6 18-49 rating for a repeat airing. Built from the lead-in again but down a bit from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.84 million and a 2.6 18-49 rating for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...on par from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 9.12 million and a 2.7 18-49 rating for a repeat. Built from the lead-in in 18-49 again, but down some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A special Wednesday edition repeat did only 3.97 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Lower than Monday's repeat again and lower than the competing ABC sitcom.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - As with the lead in, a special Wednesday repeat did 4.15 million and 1.3 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in, as it did on Monday...but lower than previous week.
- The Middle (ABC) 2 airings - The 8pm repeat did 4.44 million and a 1.1. 18-49 rating, but the 8:30pm repeat built on that and did 4.49 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating.
- Modern Family (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a solid 5.04 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating. Nice 18-49 rating for a summer repeat, especially for a live action comedy.
- Cougar Town (ABC) - A summer repeat did 3.65 million and a 1.2 18-49 rating. Could be better, but on par really from previous week.
- Community (NBC) - A repeat only did 2.53 million and a 0.9 18-49 rating. Lower even than previous week.
- 100 Questions (NBC) - The third episode did 2.18 million and a 0.7 18-49 rating. Ouch again. Down from previous week and series lows.
- The Office (NBC) 2 airings - The regular 9pm edition repeat did only 2.71 million and a a 1.2 18-49 rating, building from the lead-in. A 10pm repeat did 2.62 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating. This show doesn't seem to repeat as well anymore.
- 30 Rock (NBC) -Airing at 9:30pm, a repeat did 2.64 million and a 1.3 18-49 rating, holding steady from its lead-in.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC) - A 10:30pm repeat didn't do well, doing only 2.21 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating. Still better than 100 Questions.
Tonight you can catch burn-off episodes of canceled sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight. ABC airs Game 5 of the NBA Finals with coverage starting at 7:30pm ET, following Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 7pm ET with guest Jessica Alba. NBC is airing a new Dateline at 7pm, followed by reality repeats. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by the Tony Awards.
Coming Week Preview (June 14-20):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new Last Comic Standing at 9pm followed by a new episode of drama Persons Unknown at 10pm. On Fox, they have a new episode of Lie to Me at 8pm, followed by episode three of The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night #6 leading into Game 6 of the NBA Finals. NBC has a new America's Got Talent in the 9pm hour, with Losing it with Jillian moving to 8pm instead of 10pm. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has a new America's Got Talent at 9pm but has repeats at 8 and 10. ABC has an all-new episode of happy town at 10pm, following repeats of the comedies. Laugh On! CBS has a new special from 8-9:30pm titled TV's Greatest Surprises: A Paley Center for Media Special. The CW is in repeats.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 7 of the NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night #7 at 8pm, if necessary. If not, two burn-off episodes of Better off Ted will air in the 8pm hour if there is no game. NBC will have another episode of low-rated sitcom 100 Questions at 8:30pm mixed in with repeats of their comedies. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, so one-hour only. And CBS and The CW are in total repeats, but CW is airing repeats of Moonlight for the first time on the network.
On Friday, ABC has the Miley Cyrus in London: Live at the 02 concert at 8pm. Then later a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and Dateline. CBS has a new Flashpoint episode at 9pm, followed by a burn-off episode of canceled Miami Medical at 10pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual with repeats. CBS has burn-off episode of Three Rivers at 8pm and an all-new 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. ABC has the network television premiere of the movie She's the Man from 8-10pm and NBC has third round coverage of the U.S. Open for golf from 4:30-11pm.
And next Sunday, ABC will launch its new Summer Sunday with dramas Scoundrels at 9pm and The Gates at 10pm. Looks good! CBS has 60 Minutes at 7om but then repeats. NBC will have final round play of the U.S. Open from 3pm-9pm, followed by NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm. And Fox has burn-off episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death and Sons of Tucson in the 7pm hour, then animation repeats from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.