Tuesday, June 15, 2010
ION Television Acquires Without a Trace Starting July 5; Obama Primetime Address Tonight; Robert Reed's Gravesite Up for Auction
Without a Trace will premiere on ION Television on Monday, July 5, 2010 and will run as a marathon from 3pm to midnight, ET. The crime drama's regular timeslot will be Monday through Friday, at 7 pm and 8 pm, ET. It will begin airing in its regular timeslot a day after the marathon on Tuesday, July 6. The series joins such favorites as Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer and NCIS on the network.
Set in New York City, Without a Trace, follows a special FBI task force known as the Missing Persons Squad, dedicated to finding missing persons by applying advanced psychological profiling techniques. They peel back layers of the victims' lives and trace their whereabouts in an effort to discover whether they've been abducted, are missing by choice, were murdered, have committed suicide or are, very simply, accident victims. Using the vast resources of the bureau, the team, led by Agent Jack Malone (series star Anthony LaPaglia), races against time in the tight 72-hour window after a disappearance while hope for a recovery is still typically possible. The stories also focus on the personal lives of the team members, and illustrate how their different experiences give them insight--and sometimes emotional reactions--to certain cases.
Stay with us for the FULL ION Television July 2010 line-up in the coming days.
President Obama will be speaking live to the nation tonight at 8pm ET/5pm PT for about 15 minutes about the BP Oil spill disaster. So what does this mean for primetime programming tonight? Mountain and Pacific time zones will have the scheduled primetime programs on their regular times so nothing to worry about for you, but Eastern and Central time zones will see a delay. For CBS, the repeat line-up of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and The Good Wife will be each delayed by approx. 15 min and will run in their entirety. View the time zone schedule for tonight for CBS.
For Fox, they have an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen, it also will be delayed by approx. 15 min. for Eastern/Central time zones viewers, but it will run in its entirety following the address. View the time zone schedule tonight for Fox.
ABC will air a shortened Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at approx. 8:15pm ET/7:15pm CT, but the NBA pregame show GMC Sierra NBA Countdown will start at 8:35pm ET instead. So, yes, ABC's coverage of Game 6 of the NBA Finals will NOT be affected and will tip-off on time at approx 9:05pm ET/6:05pm PT. View the time zone schedule for ABC and all of the scenarios that could happen.
NBC will just join Losing it With Jillian in progress at approx 8:15pm ET/7:15pm CT, so they don't delay America's Got Talent in the East/Central.
The Estate of Robert Reed (Mike Brady from The Brady Bunch) is planning on relocating his remains and wish to sell the plot in which Robert Reed is currently buried (Row #6 Plot #21) at Memorial Park Cemetery, Skokie, IL.
The actor passed away in 1992 at the age of only 59 from colon cancer. The auction to buy his gravesite ends on Friday (June 18). View the auction.
For all of us at SitcomsOnline News, good night!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.