Tuesday, June 15, 2010
ION Television Acquires Without a Trace Starting July 5; Obama Primetime Address Tonight; Robert Reed's Gravesite Up for Auction
Without a Trace will premiere on ION Television on Monday, July 5, 2010 and will run as a marathon from 3pm to midnight, ET. The crime drama's regular timeslot will be Monday through Friday, at 7 pm and 8 pm, ET. It will begin airing in its regular timeslot a day after the marathon on Tuesday, July 6. The series joins such favorites as Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer and NCIS on the network.
Set in New York City, Without a Trace, follows a special FBI task force known as the Missing Persons Squad, dedicated to finding missing persons by applying advanced psychological profiling techniques. They peel back layers of the victims' lives and trace their whereabouts in an effort to discover whether they've been abducted, are missing by choice, were murdered, have committed suicide or are, very simply, accident victims. Using the vast resources of the bureau, the team, led by Agent Jack Malone (series star Anthony LaPaglia), races against time in the tight 72-hour window after a disappearance while hope for a recovery is still typically possible. The stories also focus on the personal lives of the team members, and illustrate how their different experiences give them insight--and sometimes emotional reactions--to certain cases.
Stay with us for the FULL ION Television July 2010 line-up in the coming days.
President Obama will be speaking live to the nation tonight at 8pm ET/5pm PT for about 15 minutes about the BP Oil spill disaster. So what does this mean for primetime programming tonight? Mountain and Pacific time zones will have the scheduled primetime programs on their regular times so nothing to worry about for you, but Eastern and Central time zones will see a delay. For CBS, the repeat line-up of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and The Good Wife will be each delayed by approx. 15 min and will run in their entirety. View the time zone schedule for tonight for CBS.
For Fox, they have an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen, it also will be delayed by approx. 15 min. for Eastern/Central time zones viewers, but it will run in its entirety following the address. View the time zone schedule tonight for Fox.
ABC will air a shortened Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at approx. 8:15pm ET/7:15pm CT, but the NBA pregame show GMC Sierra NBA Countdown will start at 8:35pm ET instead. So, yes, ABC's coverage of Game 6 of the NBA Finals will NOT be affected and will tip-off on time at approx 9:05pm ET/6:05pm PT. View the time zone schedule for ABC and all of the scenarios that could happen.
NBC will just join Losing it With Jillian in progress at approx 8:15pm ET/7:15pm CT, so they don't delay America's Got Talent in the East/Central.
The Estate of Robert Reed (Mike Brady from The Brady Bunch) is planning on relocating his remains and wish to sell the plot in which Robert Reed is currently buried (Row #6 Plot #21) at Memorial Park Cemetery, Skokie, IL.
The actor passed away in 1992 at the age of only 59 from colon cancer. The auction to buy his gravesite ends on Friday (June 18). View the auction.
For all of us at SitcomsOnline News, good night!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.