Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Hallmark Channel's Martha Stewart Programming Starts Sept. 13; The Unit Coming to Universal HD, The Network That Airs Becker, Hogan's Heroes
Following The Martha Stewart Show, Hallmark Channel will air two new series: Between 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., ET/PT, weekdays, the network will air an hour-long topical talk show (at 11 a.m.), executive-produced by Emmy Award-winning writer and director David Steinberg and hosted by Sirius XM's Whatever hosts Alexis Stewart and Jennifer Koppelman Hutt. The show will have an intimate studio audience and provide a unique platform for the humorous duet to explore the daily headlines and everyday issues on the minds of viewers across the country. The home audience will be engaged through call-in and Skype-ing opportunities throughout the hour.
In the 12:00 p.m. ET/PT half-hour, weekdays, Hallmark Channel will premiere Mad Hungry with Lucinda. Lucinda Scala Quinn is the ubiquitous Executive Food Editor at MSLO, host of the radio show EatDrink on Sirius XM and author of popular cookbooks including her most recent title, Mad Hungry: Feeding Men & Boys. Lucinda's goal with the show is to bring family back to the dinner table. Lucinda will reveal her tips on how she has conquered the challenge of whetting the appetite of her husband and three sons. Then following Lucinda, in the 12:30 p.m. ET/PT half-hour, weekdays, Hallmark will air seasons one through four of the critically acclaimed series Everyday Food, offering quick, easy and practical cooking solutions. The series brings to life MSLO's award-winning Everyday Food magazine and is complemented by the popular iPhone app, Martha's Everyday Food.
From 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., ET/PT, weekdays, Hallmark Channel will put the spotlight on select episodes from Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's extensive library of programming including From Martha's Kitchen, From Martha's Home and "From Martha's Garden, among others.
There will be encore airings of The Martha Stewart Show back-to-back at 4:00 and 5:00 p.m., ET/PT, weekdays enabling millions of viewers to have access to the program in the afternoon.
So what will happen to your favorite daytime series like Who's the Boss?, The Golden Girls, and I Love Lucy? We're not sure yet, but you'll have to keep checking back with us for that schedule. We have still three months until this happens, so try and enjoy these sitcoms until then, if anything should happen to them.
The Unit will be joining the Universal HD schedule starting Tuesday, July 6. It will air on Tuesday nights, from 8pm-2am ET replacing movies. The Unit also airs on sister network Sleuth, which is owned by Universal. Sleuth/Universal share the show with Viacom's Spike TV/BET. Currently, broadcast reruns are airing on MyNetwork TV on Wednesday nights, but come Fall 2010, The Unit's broadcast run will move to local weekend syndication on local stations and WGN America. We'll have more on that when it is available.
So what else does Universal HD air? They air sitcoms Becker and Hogan's Heroes regularly, with Ted Danson's Becker now airing weekdays 7-8pm and encoring later that night from 2-3am. Hogan's Heroes airs in marathon blocks weekly, usually on Fridays between 9am-7pm mixed in with Becker. Can you imagine Hogan in HD? It has never looked better! Among the other series they air are Six Feet Under, House, Monk, Nash Bridges, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent-- all of which are on other Universal-owned cable networks (USA Network, Bravo).
Universal HD also airs rare stuff. On Friday nights from 8pm-11pm, which an immediate encore from 11pm-2am, they air short-lived series. Currently for the month of June, they are airing Bram and Alice (2002 CBS sitcom starring Alfred Molina), Fat Actress (2005 Showtime sitcom starring Kirstie Alley), First Monday (2002 CBS drama starring Joe Mantegna & James Garner) and South Beach (2006 UPN drama starring Odette Yustman). And if that's not enough, they air Monday marathons of That's Life (2000-2002 CBS comedic drama) from 9am-7pm.
Coming in July to the Friday night URTV block is Cuts (2005-06 UPN sitcom starring Shannon Elizabeth), Love Inc. (2005-06 UPN sitcom starring Holly Robinson Peete), Sex, Love & Secrets (2005 UPN drama starring Denise Richards), and Love Monkey (2006 CBS drama starring Tom Cavanagh). Among the other short-lived series they have aired on and off include Complete Savages, Threshold, Philly, Big Apple, Andy Barker, P.I., My Big Fat Greek Life, among many others.
We try to give you some updates here and there on this HD network, but we will try to more from now on, especially if more short-lived sitcoms are added!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.