Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Hallmark Channel Acquires Partridge Family Starting Saturday, June 19; Hot in Cleveland Premieres Tonight on TV Land, Guest Stars For 1st Season
Unfortunately, The Partridge Family is not going to air on the weekday line-up, but something is better than nothing. We still get 6 hours a week (12 episodes) with the weekend play. The series is complete on DVD, but it hasn't been nationally on television since it aired on i TV (now known as ION Television) in Fall 2006.
Partridge Family comes from Sony Pictures Television, the same as their previous sitcom addition, Who's the Boss?, so maybe a deal with Sony was made? Just speculating. Since TV Land lost rights to The Brady Bunch, it would be nice if Hallmark picked that up and paired it with Partridge. But with all the Martha Stewart programming coming (weekdays 10am-6pm) to Hallmark Channel in September, we wonder what will happen to the current sitcoms (The Golden Girls, Who's the Boss?, I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, and now Partridge Family)? We'll let you know as soon as we know, but I think they will remain, but will obviously have to move some timeslots. Stay with us for further updates and we're happy that Hallmark is airing sitcoms!
UPDATE 6:30PM ET: We got an email from The Hallmark Channel and Darren Melameth, VP of Scheduling says: "As long as there is viewer demand for The Partridge Family, Who's the Boss, M*A*S*H, Cheers, I Love Lucy, and The Golden Girls, we will continue to have a place on the network for these enduring sitcoms for years to come." Sounds good to me! Stay with us for more.
TV Land launches the much hyped and anticipated sitcom Hot in Cleveland tonight at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, with an immediate encore at 10:30 p.m. and again later at 1:00 a.m. So, you have three chances tonight. Hot In Cleveland revolves around three fabulous best friends from LA – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) - who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over, they rent a house that happens to come with a very feisty caretaker (Betty White).
On the premiere episode airing tonight, three best friends from Los Angeles (hopeless romantic MELANIE, cynical businesswoman JOY, and aging actress VICTORIA) are flying to Paris when their plane makes an emergency landing in Cleveland. Realizing that all the norms from Los Angeles don't apply anymore and thrilled with the new possibilities available to them, they decide to celebrate a city that values real women and stay where they're still considered hot...
And in addition to the star-studded ensemble cast of its first original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, there will be plenty of special guest stars in the 10-episode season including Wayne Knight (Seinfeld/3rd Rock from the Sun), Shirley Knight (As Good As It Gets), Huey Lewis (Just Shoot Me!), Hal Linden (Barney Miller), Susan Lucci (All My Children), Juliet Mills (Nanny and the Professor), Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show), John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) and Amy Yasbeck (Wings).
Will the premiere be the highest rated airing EVER on TV Land? The buzz is certainly there and Betty White has shown her magic in recent months in the Nielsens. Tune in and sample it at least because it looks good and it could beat the networks in the 10 p.m. half-hour tonight.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 28
The Middle - "Risky Business" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is completely gobsmacked when Mike’s brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) pays an unexpected visit and offers him an opportunity to partner on one of his crazy business ideas — and Mike wants in. Meanwhile, Axl goes to extreme measures to prove to Mike that he can handle riding his dad’s new motorcycle; and unbeknownst to her parents, Sue tells Brad that her college roommate is so horrible that she’s resorted to living in her car.<> black-ish - "Churched" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the Johnson home, Sundays involve SAT prep and sports, so when the family is invited to Church on Sunday by the neighbors, Dre goes against his instinct of always saying “no” and agrees. When they end up having one of the best Sundays they can remember, they realize they should say “yes” to things more often. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane find out they were never baptized, and take it upon themselves to do whatever they want.
Uncle Buck - "Going to Jail Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alexis is convinced that Buck is to blame for Miles’ new, impulsive attitude after she catches him attempting a risky stunt for his YouTube channel. With Miles’ punishment looming, Buck decides to throw a “going to jail” party while Mom and Dad are out, but unfortunately a creepy neighbor calls the cops and ruins their celebration. Buck, Miles, Tia and Maizy seek revenge and end up in a prank war.
Uncle Buck - "I Got This" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Buck and his buddy Cy have a tradition of watching the Bulls games on TV together with Buck’s lucky basketball beside them (or the Bulls lose). But Buck’s multi-tasking skills are pushed to the limit as Tia, Miles and Maizy all have separate crises on the night of a big game, and Will and Alexis are out celebrating their anniversary.
Wrecked - "The Community Pile" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Pack goes on a vision quest; Danny helps Owen relax; Todd makes a power play to take control; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.
Tuesday, June 28
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Catch Jim on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Lesss Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy discusses her new HBO show Vice Principals, a new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, that follows a high school and the two people who almost run it on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime in the 9am hour.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan talks about Looking on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami), Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - The stars of Lifetime's UnREAL are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.