Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Hallmark Channel Acquires Partridge Family Starting Saturday, June 19; Hot in Cleveland Premieres Tonight on TV Land, Guest Stars For 1st Season
Unfortunately, The Partridge Family is not going to air on the weekday line-up, but something is better than nothing. We still get 6 hours a week (12 episodes) with the weekend play. The series is complete on DVD, but it hasn't been nationally on television since it aired on i TV (now known as ION Television) in Fall 2006.
Partridge Family comes from Sony Pictures Television, the same as their previous sitcom addition, Who's the Boss?, so maybe a deal with Sony was made? Just speculating. Since TV Land lost rights to The Brady Bunch, it would be nice if Hallmark picked that up and paired it with Partridge. But with all the Martha Stewart programming coming (weekdays 10am-6pm) to Hallmark Channel in September, we wonder what will happen to the current sitcoms (The Golden Girls, Who's the Boss?, I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, and now Partridge Family)? We'll let you know as soon as we know, but I think they will remain, but will obviously have to move some timeslots. Stay with us for further updates and we're happy that Hallmark is airing sitcoms!
UPDATE 6:30PM ET: We got an email from The Hallmark Channel and Darren Melameth, VP of Scheduling says: "As long as there is viewer demand for The Partridge Family, Who's the Boss, M*A*S*H, Cheers, I Love Lucy, and The Golden Girls, we will continue to have a place on the network for these enduring sitcoms for years to come." Sounds good to me! Stay with us for more.
TV Land launches the much hyped and anticipated sitcom Hot in Cleveland tonight at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, with an immediate encore at 10:30 p.m. and again later at 1:00 a.m. So, you have three chances tonight. Hot In Cleveland revolves around three fabulous best friends from LA – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) - who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over, they rent a house that happens to come with a very feisty caretaker (Betty White).
On the premiere episode airing tonight, three best friends from Los Angeles (hopeless romantic MELANIE, cynical businesswoman JOY, and aging actress VICTORIA) are flying to Paris when their plane makes an emergency landing in Cleveland. Realizing that all the norms from Los Angeles don't apply anymore and thrilled with the new possibilities available to them, they decide to celebrate a city that values real women and stay where they're still considered hot...
And in addition to the star-studded ensemble cast of its first original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, there will be plenty of special guest stars in the 10-episode season including Wayne Knight (Seinfeld/3rd Rock from the Sun), Shirley Knight (As Good As It Gets), Huey Lewis (Just Shoot Me!), Hal Linden (Barney Miller), Susan Lucci (All My Children), Juliet Mills (Nanny and the Professor), Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show), John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) and Amy Yasbeck (Wings).
Will the premiere be the highest rated airing EVER on TV Land? The buzz is certainly there and Betty White has shown her magic in recent months in the Nielsens. Tune in and sample it at least because it looks good and it could beat the networks in the 10 p.m. half-hour tonight.
The Middle - "Vacation Days" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After being forced by his work to take a paid vacation, Mike tries to relax but finds his alone time being invaded by Brick, who wants to cash in and implement all of the personal gift coupons he has given his dad for Father's Day and birthdays over the years. Meanwhile, Frankie is livid when she discovers that Axl has been hanging out at the Donahues for the past few days and didn't let her know that he was even in town, and Sue is horrified when she discovers that someone has given her service at Spudsy Malone’s a bad review online and overreacts in her efforts to better please the customers.
Suburgatory - "Blame it on the Rainstick" (ABC, 8:30PM/ET) (Repeat)
When Noah is released from a court mandated anger management program, George is shocked to find a docile Noah has replaced his former hot-headed friend. Shaken by the change, George decides to put the new Noah to the test. Meanwhile, Tessa ditches “senior tanning” and meets a cool new age band hanging out at the park. The free spirited music group isn’t exactly what they appear.
Modern Family - "The Big Game" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With a big football game coming up and a record to break, Coach Cam is intensely focused and showing no mercy even when the opposing team is playing with an unexpected disadvantage. Elsewhere, Claire is determined to prove to the staff that she is more than just the boss’s daughter, and Phil tries to teach his kids a lesson about optimism, but the universe just isn’t cooperating.
Mixology - "Jessica & Ron" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica regrets sending a naked photo to Ron and sets out to get him to delete it after realizing she barely knows him. Meanwhile, Liv complicates things between Jessica and Ron and Maya hits it off with an attractive guy who gives her an offer she can’t refuse…or can she? And the chance to hook up is in Bruce’s favor when he meets a woman who is into red-heads, but things quickly begin to look grim when a famous red-head also enters the bar.
Melissa & Joey - "Born to Run" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel's father sends out a racy photograph; Ryder tries to come up with a winning business idea.
Baby Daddy - "Play It Again, Bonnie" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Bonnie asks Tucker for help in reconnecting with her former boyfriend.
Hot in Cleveland - "The Undead" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka (Betty White) throws a fake funeral for Victoria so she can join her husband in hiding. Her nemesis, Susan Lucci attends. Simon (Craig Ferguson) and Joy face a dilemma in their relationship.
Guest Stars: Craig Ferguson, Susan Lucci, Matt Iseman, David Cheaney, Laird MacIntosh
The Soul Man - "Oh My Goddy" (TV Land, 11:00PM ET/PT)
Boyce feels the pressure when he's nominated for a big award. So he goes above and beyond to brand himself as the "Second Chance Preacher."
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Reunited" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph and Leslie work on their relationship.
Wednesday, April 16
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Kunal on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis appears on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi previews her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin talks about new animated movie Rio 2 and her upcoming show at Carnegie Hall on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan talks about his TV and music career, his son Robin and new reality series, Unusually Thicke, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am. Finally, he is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy takes us on a trip to her happy place...the drugstore on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tasha Smith (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse/The Tom Show/Boston Common) and Michael Jai White (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse) - Tasha and Jai are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also be on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered (premieres April 20 on Hallmark Channel) on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She is a guest on Howard Stern.
- Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl/I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Jaime appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth is a guest on a repeat of @midnight at 12am on Comedy Central.