Monday, May 24, 2010
TV Land June 2010 Has Hot in Cleveland, But No Brady Bunch; An Interview with Mayim Bialik, Who Is On Big Bang Tonight
As for the month's highlights, the season finale of How'd You Get So Rich airs Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. The following week (Wednesday, June 16 at 10) has the premiere of sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The sitcom revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, and Betty White). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed for Paris – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new "promised land." Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker of the property they have rented, played by the inimitable Betty White.
On Wednesday, June 16 at 10:30pm there will be a special. The third season (6 episodes) of TV Land's hit original series She's Got The Look returns Wednesday, August 25 to discover the next supermodel over the age of 35. But before that happens, get a preview of what is to come in season three airs after the premiere of TV Land's first original sitcom--Hot in Cleveland! It's the only airing, so watch it.
On Saturday, June 26 from 9pm-10:30pm, TV Land presents The 38th AFI Life Achievement Award to Mike Nichols, adding yet another high honor to the hefty resume of the award-winning writer, producer and director. Past honorees include Michael Douglas, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino. The AFI Life Achievement award was established in 1973 to honor an individual whose career in motion pictures or TV has greatly contributed to the enrichment of American culture. The criteria state that "the recipient should be one whose talent has in a fundamental way advanced the film art; whose accomplishment has been acknowledged by scholars, critics, professional peers and the general public; and whose work has stood the test of time."
TV Land Monday Movie premieres for June 2010 are 48 Hours, Roxanne, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop III, and Stand By Me. Encore movies this month are Ghostbusters and Another 48 Hours.
View the COMPLETE schedule and information on TV Land June 2010. And we promise TV Land July will come sooner, maybe even this week...stay with us! One question we will answer is...will Good Times return (its contract expires at the end of June)?
Our pal Chris Mann of Retroality.tv has posted a new interview on his groovy website! Chris has posted an interview with Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame (the '90s sitcom) in connection with her appearance on the season finale of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory airing tonight on CBS. She previews her character/episode and talks about Blossom of course, SNL's spoof of her and her show in the '90s, her return to Hollywood and much more! Chris also mentions of the sort of Blossom reunion on 'Til Death earlier this month (that was watched by only less than 2 million people).
View this very interesting interview with Mayim Bialik. Chris does a wonderful job once again, like usual!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 4
The Middle - "Not Mother's Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After enduring year after year of botched Mother’s Days, Frankie declares that the family gets to take a pass on doing anything at all for her this year. But after a man offers to buy Frankie’s groceries at the market when she discovers that she forgot her wallet – and tells her to pay the kindly gesture forward – she decides to have the family pull each other’s names out of a hat and do something nice for that person, which doesn’t go as smoothly as planned.
The Goldbergs - "Smother's Day" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Barry and Erica forget to get Beverly a Mother’s Day gift and make last minute “Mom Coupons” instead. Beverly is understandably hurt, and decides to get revenge by cashing in every coupon they have made. Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Murray to let him go to space camp and accuses him of being as dream crushing as Pop-Pop.
Modern Family - "Promposal" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
With Closet-Con right around the corner, Claire is on high alert and convinced there is a mole in the company. Meanwhile, Phil goes vigilante when he and Gloria confront Auntie Alice for stealing her hot sauce recipe. Jay tries to teach Joe how to do some manly handy work, and with prom coming up, Mitch helps Luke with his “promposal” while Cam helps with Manny’s, but Cam goes a little overboard, revealing that there maybe something deeper going on.
black-ish - "Super Rich Kids" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre has always felt his older son was never like him, but when he finally meets Junior’s cool friends, Dre is all in and happy that his son may have the opportunity for an actual social life. Meanwhile, Bow is dealing with Ruby, Zoey, Jack and Diane not confessing to things breaking around the house and decides to handle it her own way after some judgment from Vivian.
Lopez - "George Hosts a Golf Tournament" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George hosts a celebrity golf tournament to bolster his Vegas residency credentials in the midst of personal chaos with his AWOL daughter.
The Soul Man - "Soul Train" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli gets kicked off a wine train, she forces Boyce to have her back, even though he knows she’s in the wrong. Stamps helps Alicia relieve her campaign stress.
Schitt's Creek - "Moira's Nudes" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Moira is worried that racy photos from her past will jeopardize the campaign; Johnny asks for financial help; Alexis gets a job.
Wednesday, May 4
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch Julie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Rob is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Being Charlie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie sings for his supper and helps Rachael cook up Chicken Milanese on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- CCH Pounder (Brothers/Women in Prison) - CCH is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse talks about his Broadway show Fully Committed on People Now.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.