Monday, May 24, 2010
TV Land June 2010 Has Hot in Cleveland, But No Brady Bunch; An Interview with Mayim Bialik, Who Is On Big Bang Tonight
As for the month's highlights, the season finale of How'd You Get So Rich airs Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. The following week (Wednesday, June 16 at 10) has the premiere of sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The sitcom revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, and Betty White). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed for Paris – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new "promised land." Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker of the property they have rented, played by the inimitable Betty White.
On Wednesday, June 16 at 10:30pm there will be a special. The third season (6 episodes) of TV Land's hit original series She's Got The Look returns Wednesday, August 25 to discover the next supermodel over the age of 35. But before that happens, get a preview of what is to come in season three airs after the premiere of TV Land's first original sitcom--Hot in Cleveland! It's the only airing, so watch it.
On Saturday, June 26 from 9pm-10:30pm, TV Land presents The 38th AFI Life Achievement Award to Mike Nichols, adding yet another high honor to the hefty resume of the award-winning writer, producer and director. Past honorees include Michael Douglas, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino. The AFI Life Achievement award was established in 1973 to honor an individual whose career in motion pictures or TV has greatly contributed to the enrichment of American culture. The criteria state that "the recipient should be one whose talent has in a fundamental way advanced the film art; whose accomplishment has been acknowledged by scholars, critics, professional peers and the general public; and whose work has stood the test of time."
TV Land Monday Movie premieres for June 2010 are 48 Hours, Roxanne, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop III, and Stand By Me. Encore movies this month are Ghostbusters and Another 48 Hours.
View the COMPLETE schedule and information on TV Land June 2010. And we promise TV Land July will come sooner, maybe even this week...stay with us! One question we will answer is...will Good Times return (its contract expires at the end of June)?
Our pal Chris Mann of Retroality.tv has posted a new interview on his groovy website! Chris has posted an interview with Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame (the '90s sitcom) in connection with her appearance on the season finale of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory airing tonight on CBS. She previews her character/episode and talks about Blossom of course, SNL's spoof of her and her show in the '90s, her return to Hollywood and much more! Chris also mentions of the sort of Blossom reunion on 'Til Death earlier this month (that was watched by only less than 2 million people).
View this very interesting interview with Mayim Bialik. Chris does a wonderful job once again, like usual!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.