Monday, May 24, 2010
TV Land June 2010 Has Hot in Cleveland, But No Brady Bunch; An Interview with Mayim Bialik, Who Is On Big Bang Tonight
As for the month's highlights, the season finale of How'd You Get So Rich airs Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. The following week (Wednesday, June 16 at 10) has the premiere of sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The sitcom revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, and Betty White). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed for Paris – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new "promised land." Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker of the property they have rented, played by the inimitable Betty White.
On Wednesday, June 16 at 10:30pm there will be a special. The third season (6 episodes) of TV Land's hit original series She's Got The Look returns Wednesday, August 25 to discover the next supermodel over the age of 35. But before that happens, get a preview of what is to come in season three airs after the premiere of TV Land's first original sitcom--Hot in Cleveland! It's the only airing, so watch it.
On Saturday, June 26 from 9pm-10:30pm, TV Land presents The 38th AFI Life Achievement Award to Mike Nichols, adding yet another high honor to the hefty resume of the award-winning writer, producer and director. Past honorees include Michael Douglas, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino. The AFI Life Achievement award was established in 1973 to honor an individual whose career in motion pictures or TV has greatly contributed to the enrichment of American culture. The criteria state that "the recipient should be one whose talent has in a fundamental way advanced the film art; whose accomplishment has been acknowledged by scholars, critics, professional peers and the general public; and whose work has stood the test of time."
TV Land Monday Movie premieres for June 2010 are 48 Hours, Roxanne, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop III, and Stand By Me. Encore movies this month are Ghostbusters and Another 48 Hours.
View the COMPLETE schedule and information on TV Land June 2010. And we promise TV Land July will come sooner, maybe even this week...stay with us! One question we will answer is...will Good Times return (its contract expires at the end of June)?
Our pal Chris Mann of Retroality.tv has posted a new interview on his groovy website! Chris has posted an interview with Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame (the '90s sitcom) in connection with her appearance on the season finale of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory airing tonight on CBS. She previews her character/episode and talks about Blossom of course, SNL's spoof of her and her show in the '90s, her return to Hollywood and much more! Chris also mentions of the sort of Blossom reunion on 'Til Death earlier this month (that was watched by only less than 2 million people).
View this very interesting interview with Mayim Bialik. Chris does a wonderful job once again, like usual!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, August 24
The Goldbergs - "The Dirty Dancing Dance" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Beverly helps Erica plan a “Dirty Dancing” themed dance at school, only to turn on Erica when she realizes it may be inappropriate. Meanwhile, Murray tries to learn dancing with Adam with little luck.
The Goldbergs - "12 Tapes for a Penny" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam learns about a mail-order music club and sets up a scheme to get as many tapes as possible, but Beverly believes Erica is behind it all. Meanwhile, Barry works on getting the approval of Bill, Lainey’s father, but he refuses to budge.
The Goldbergs - "Big Orange" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Barry’s favorite shirt is hated by Beverly and girlfriend Lainey, so they hatch a plan together to destroy it. Once his shirt goes missing, Barry asks Adam and Erica to investigate. Meanwhile, Murray decides to tear down the family tree house, leaving Adam distraught.
The Goldbergs - "Dungeons and Dragons, Anyone?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Adam convinces Coach Mellor to let him be team captain in gym class. He betrays his friends by picking the jocks first, causing the two rivaling squads to battle it out with the game the nerds know best – Dungeons and Dragons! Meanwhile, Erica decides where she wants to go to college but encounters resistance from both Beverly and Murray.
Modern Family - "Express Yourself" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil has the crazy idea of going on a spontaneous trip to Paris with Claire; the only problem is that they are both so ridiculously tired but try to push through it. Meanwhile, Jay has taken over their bathroom remodel, which proves to be pretty hazardous for Gloria, Manny and Joe. Cameron’s sister Pam is staying at the house after her husband has left her, but her emotional outbursts are driving Mitchell crazy, and he’s afraid it’s setting a bad example for Lily. And Haley and Andy go on a wild night bender.
black-ish - "Hope" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the kids ask some tough questions in the midst of a highly publicized court case involving alleged police brutality and an African-American teenager, Dre and Bow are conflicted on how best to field them. Dre, along with Pops and Ruby, feel the kids need to know what kind of world they’re living in, while Bow would like to give them a more hopeful view about life. When the verdict is announced, the family handles the news in different ways while watching the community react.
Bunk'd - "Dance in My Pants" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Tiffany and Zuri are hoping they'll dance with a cute boy at the annual dance; Emma finds out that Lou and Xander have a history.
Wednesday, August 24
- John Krasinski (The Office) - Watch John on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Maron appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on Popcorn with Peter Travers on ABC News.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local lisitngs.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary teams with Michael Symon to make a Chicken Parmesan Hero on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Tia Mowry (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey talks about One Mississippi on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sabrina Carpenter (Girl Meets World) - Sabrina dishes on the fate of Girl Meets World Season 4 and the big wedding scene on People Now at 8:30am.
- John Krasinski (The Office), Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and Margo Martindale (The Millers) - The cast of The Hollars will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Joey Bragg (Liv and Maddie) - Joey is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.