Monday, May 24, 2010
TV Land June 2010 Has Hot in Cleveland, But No Brady Bunch; An Interview with Mayim Bialik, Who Is On Big Bang Tonight
As for the month's highlights, the season finale of How'd You Get So Rich airs Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. The following week (Wednesday, June 16 at 10) has the premiere of sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The sitcom revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, and Betty White). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed for Paris – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new "promised land." Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker of the property they have rented, played by the inimitable Betty White.
On Wednesday, June 16 at 10:30pm there will be a special. The third season (6 episodes) of TV Land's hit original series She's Got The Look returns Wednesday, August 25 to discover the next supermodel over the age of 35. But before that happens, get a preview of what is to come in season three airs after the premiere of TV Land's first original sitcom--Hot in Cleveland! It's the only airing, so watch it.
On Saturday, June 26 from 9pm-10:30pm, TV Land presents The 38th AFI Life Achievement Award to Mike Nichols, adding yet another high honor to the hefty resume of the award-winning writer, producer and director. Past honorees include Michael Douglas, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino. The AFI Life Achievement award was established in 1973 to honor an individual whose career in motion pictures or TV has greatly contributed to the enrichment of American culture. The criteria state that "the recipient should be one whose talent has in a fundamental way advanced the film art; whose accomplishment has been acknowledged by scholars, critics, professional peers and the general public; and whose work has stood the test of time."
TV Land Monday Movie premieres for June 2010 are 48 Hours, Roxanne, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop III, and Stand By Me. Encore movies this month are Ghostbusters and Another 48 Hours.
View the COMPLETE schedule and information on TV Land June 2010. And we promise TV Land July will come sooner, maybe even this week...stay with us! One question we will answer is...will Good Times return (its contract expires at the end of June)?
Our pal Chris Mann of Retroality.tv has posted a new interview on his groovy website! Chris has posted an interview with Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame (the '90s sitcom) in connection with her appearance on the season finale of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory airing tonight on CBS. She previews her character/episode and talks about Blossom of course, SNL's spoof of her and her show in the '90s, her return to Hollywood and much more! Chris also mentions of the sort of Blossom reunion on 'Til Death earlier this month (that was watched by only less than 2 million people).
View this very interesting interview with Mayim Bialik. Chris does a wonderful job once again, like usual!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 11
The Big Bang Theory - "The Valentine Submergence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Amy host a live Valentine’s Day episode of Fun with Flags, Leonard and Penny grapple with getting older, Howard and Bernadette find a surprise in their hot tub and Raj is torn between Emily and the cute girl he met at the Comic Bookstore.
Life in Pieces - "Tattoo Valentine Guitar Pregnant" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Tyler and Clementine (Hunter King) go to a guitar store, Tyler gets uncomfortable when the attractive salesman, Ian (Josh Groban), repeatedly hits on her. Also, Tim’s tattoo artist, Lois (Kat Von D) makes a spelling error on a tattoo he got as a Valentine’s Day surprise for Heather, Matt’s plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day with Colleen doesn’t go as well as he hoped, and Greg and Jen discuss whether they should have another baby.
Mom - "Cinderella and a Drunk MacGyver" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy tries to help Julian, a handsome, newly sober AA member, but her attraction to him complicates things. Meanwhile, Bonnie jumps at the chance to attend a lavish charity gala with Jill. Joe Manganiello guest stars as Julian, a handsome newcomer to AA.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Helium Insufficiency" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the midst of a nation-wide helium shortage, Sheldon and Leonard take desperate measures to get the supplies they need. Also, Penny and Bernadette download a dating app on Amy's phone to try and find her a new man. Michael Rapaport guest stars Kenny, a black market dealer.
Baskets - "Easter in Bakersfield" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Easter in Bakersfield is not all Neil Diamond sings it to be as Baskets family drama brews over brunch.
Thursday, February 11
- Alison Brie (Community) - Catch Alison on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jake Lacy (Better with You/The Office) - Jake appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark McKinney (Superstore) - Mark stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Brian is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Carl visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani talks about the Cooking Channel's Dinner at Tiffani's on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (Happily Divorced/Living with Fran/The Nanny) - Fran talks about the American Heart Associations' Go Red for Women Red Dress Collection on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET
- Bryan Greenberg (How to Make It in America) - Bryan talks about his new movie Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe plays the guitar on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Autumn Reeser (Entourage/Complete Savages) - Autumn talks about Hallmark Channel's original movie Valentine Ever After on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.