Monday, May 24, 2010
TV Land June 2010 Has Hot in Cleveland, But No Brady Bunch; An Interview with Mayim Bialik, Who Is On Big Bang Tonight
As for the month's highlights, the season finale of How'd You Get So Rich airs Wednesday, June 9 at 10 p.m. The following week (Wednesday, June 16 at 10) has the premiere of sitcom Hot in Cleveland. The sitcom revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, and Betty White). Their lives are changed forever when their plane – headed for Paris – unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new "promised land." Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker of the property they have rented, played by the inimitable Betty White.
On Wednesday, June 16 at 10:30pm there will be a special. The third season (6 episodes) of TV Land's hit original series She's Got The Look returns Wednesday, August 25 to discover the next supermodel over the age of 35. But before that happens, get a preview of what is to come in season three airs after the premiere of TV Land's first original sitcom--Hot in Cleveland! It's the only airing, so watch it.
On Saturday, June 26 from 9pm-10:30pm, TV Land presents The 38th AFI Life Achievement Award to Mike Nichols, adding yet another high honor to the hefty resume of the award-winning writer, producer and director. Past honorees include Michael Douglas, Meryl Streep and Al Pacino. The AFI Life Achievement award was established in 1973 to honor an individual whose career in motion pictures or TV has greatly contributed to the enrichment of American culture. The criteria state that "the recipient should be one whose talent has in a fundamental way advanced the film art; whose accomplishment has been acknowledged by scholars, critics, professional peers and the general public; and whose work has stood the test of time."
TV Land Monday Movie premieres for June 2010 are 48 Hours, Roxanne, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop III, and Stand By Me. Encore movies this month are Ghostbusters and Another 48 Hours.
View the COMPLETE schedule and information on TV Land June 2010. And we promise TV Land July will come sooner, maybe even this week...stay with us! One question we will answer is...will Good Times return (its contract expires at the end of June)?
Our pal Chris Mann of Retroality.tv has posted a new interview on his groovy website! Chris has posted an interview with Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame (the '90s sitcom) in connection with her appearance on the season finale of the sitcom The Big Bang Theory airing tonight on CBS. She previews her character/episode and talks about Blossom of course, SNL's spoof of her and her show in the '90s, her return to Hollywood and much more! Chris also mentions of the sort of Blossom reunion on 'Til Death earlier this month (that was watched by only less than 2 million people).
View this very interesting interview with Mayim Bialik. Chris does a wonderful job once again, like usual!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.