Monday, April 26, 2010
Comedy Central's Off-Network Premiere of It's Sunny in Philadelphia and New Episodes of Futurama; GMC Acquires Early Edition
First, if you don't know by now, we have moved the blog to blog.sitcomsonline.com, so update your bookmarks! sitcomsonline.com/blog will now redirect to the new address. And now that we got that out of the way, it's time for some news...
April showers may bring May flowers, but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Comedy Central! This May, Comedy Central is proud to bring It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to its viewers starting May 31, along with reruns of the series Sit Down, Shut Up airing Tuesdays starting May 4.
In Sit Down, Shut Up, the staff of Knob Haven High School are dedicated fully to one thing: themselves. This animated series from the creators of Arrested Development is a look into the lives of teachers who don't believe in teaching and stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Kristin Chenoweth, Will Forte, Nick Kroll, Kenan Thompson, Cheri Oteri and the great Henry Winkler. The series will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting May 4 with encores on Tuesdays in late night, Sundays in late night and Mondays at 5pm.
The hit series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia sometimes called "Seinfeld on Crack" is coming to Comedy Central in repeats (FX will still air new episodes)! Mac, Dennis, Charlie and Sweet Dee are four dysfunctional friends who run an Irish pub in Philadelphia. Hang out with the gang and Dennis and Dee's dad Frank as they hatch elaborate schemes, conspire with and against each other, raise a dumpster baby, get invincible, poop the bed, bang each other's moms, stage a highly ineffective intervention and drink more then the patrons who visit their bar. The series will air in a two-hour block every Monday from 9-11pm starting Monday, May 31.
On Father's Day (Sunday, June 20), sit down with dear ol' Dad and get in some quality bonding time to celebrate Father's Day. Vicariously live the shared dream of becoming a rock star with the film Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, then share some laughs and tears and try to come up with as many girl names for J.D. as possible during some episodes of [scrubs] and finish off the afternoon with the collegiate nostalgia of the film Van Wilder: Freshman Year. Then it's time for a Futuramathon! Travel through space, time and a whole alternate dimension of hilarity with Fry, Bender, Leela and the gang: Comedy Central is bringing viewers a Futuramathon! Catch up on some of the best moments of Futurama from the year 3000, and get psyched at warp speed for the world premiere of brand-new episodes on June 24.
And speaking of that, Futurama is indeed back! And not just repeats, NEW episodes! Everybody's favorite zany group from the future has returned with twelve brand-new episodes, airing now on Comedy Central! Twentieth century boy Philip J. Fry is still jetting around the universe with his favorite drunken robot, one-eyed mutant, mad scientist, rule-abiding Jamaican accountant and Nibblonian monster in a host of brand-new adventures from the team at Planet Express.
Gospel Music Channel (GMC) added the drama Early Edition to its line-up last week (April 19). The 1996-2000 CBS drama is airing Mon-Thurs at 10pm. It is airing right after the new acquisition Joan of Arcadia (Mon-Thurs 9pm). The series is set in the city of Chicago and follows the adventures of a man who mysteriously receives each Chicago Sun-Times newspaper the day before it is actually published, and who uses this knowledge to prevent terrible events each day. Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens are among the stars of the series that lasted 90 episodes.
Early Edition also airs on the Syfy cable network (aka Sci-Fi Channel) from time to time in marathon blocks on its daily daytime rotation block. In fact, Syfy will next air it on May 17 from 8am-4pm and then again on June 24 with the same timings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 1
The Goldbergs - "The Kara-te Kid" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the “Karate Kid” films, Adam and the other Adam Goldberg face off in a karate match to settle once and for all a long-running feud. Barry and Adam go to Uncle Marvin for training, but the only thing they learn is how to clean an apartment. Meanwhile, when Erica and Geoff’s relationship becomes public, they realize that they aren’t the good guys.
Modern Family - "Finding Fizbo" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cam is enraged when he receives an online video showing someone has been desecrating his beloved Fizbo costume, which sets him on a quest to restore Fizbo’s good name. Meanwhile, Phil is in for quite the surprise when he finally meets his new soon-to-be step-brother at Frank’s bachelor party. Finally, Manny’s newest play hits a little too close to home for Gloria, Claire and Haley when he enlists them to do a read through before he submits it to a young playwright festival.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "A Cricket's Tale" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes. Will Cricket finally move on from the gang, finding love in the process? Will Cricket go from filthy beast to his former self, Matthew Mara?
Man Seeking Woman - "Cake" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh lets Mike throw him a bachelor party and soon comes to regret it.
Schitt's Creek - "Motel Review" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While setting up his business, David meets a new friend; Johnny defends Alexis' work; Moira deals with a difficult guest.
Wednesday, March 1
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She opens up about how she and her husband Travis Schuldt balance work and parenthood – and if they will have more kids on People Now at 8:30am.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lauren Lapkus (Crashing/Clipped/Are You There, Chelsa?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick looks back on the first time he met Hugh Jackman on People Now at 8:30am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan talks about 24: Legacy on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.