Monday, April 26, 2010
Comedy Central's Off-Network Premiere of It's Sunny in Philadelphia and New Episodes of Futurama; GMC Acquires Early Edition
First, if you don't know by now, we have moved the blog to blog.sitcomsonline.com, so update your bookmarks! sitcomsonline.com/blog will now redirect to the new address. And now that we got that out of the way, it's time for some news...
April showers may bring May flowers, but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Comedy Central! This May, Comedy Central is proud to bring It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to its viewers starting May 31, along with reruns of the series Sit Down, Shut Up airing Tuesdays starting May 4.
In Sit Down, Shut Up, the staff of Knob Haven High School are dedicated fully to one thing: themselves. This animated series from the creators of Arrested Development is a look into the lives of teachers who don't believe in teaching and stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Kristin Chenoweth, Will Forte, Nick Kroll, Kenan Thompson, Cheri Oteri and the great Henry Winkler. The series will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting May 4 with encores on Tuesdays in late night, Sundays in late night and Mondays at 5pm.
The hit series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia sometimes called "Seinfeld on Crack" is coming to Comedy Central in repeats (FX will still air new episodes)! Mac, Dennis, Charlie and Sweet Dee are four dysfunctional friends who run an Irish pub in Philadelphia. Hang out with the gang and Dennis and Dee's dad Frank as they hatch elaborate schemes, conspire with and against each other, raise a dumpster baby, get invincible, poop the bed, bang each other's moms, stage a highly ineffective intervention and drink more then the patrons who visit their bar. The series will air in a two-hour block every Monday from 9-11pm starting Monday, May 31.
On Father's Day (Sunday, June 20), sit down with dear ol' Dad and get in some quality bonding time to celebrate Father's Day. Vicariously live the shared dream of becoming a rock star with the film Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, then share some laughs and tears and try to come up with as many girl names for J.D. as possible during some episodes of [scrubs] and finish off the afternoon with the collegiate nostalgia of the film Van Wilder: Freshman Year. Then it's time for a Futuramathon! Travel through space, time and a whole alternate dimension of hilarity with Fry, Bender, Leela and the gang: Comedy Central is bringing viewers a Futuramathon! Catch up on some of the best moments of Futurama from the year 3000, and get psyched at warp speed for the world premiere of brand-new episodes on June 24.
And speaking of that, Futurama is indeed back! And not just repeats, NEW episodes! Everybody's favorite zany group from the future has returned with twelve brand-new episodes, airing now on Comedy Central! Twentieth century boy Philip J. Fry is still jetting around the universe with his favorite drunken robot, one-eyed mutant, mad scientist, rule-abiding Jamaican accountant and Nibblonian monster in a host of brand-new adventures from the team at Planet Express.
Gospel Music Channel (GMC) added the drama Early Edition to its line-up last week (April 19). The 1996-2000 CBS drama is airing Mon-Thurs at 10pm. It is airing right after the new acquisition Joan of Arcadia (Mon-Thurs 9pm). The series is set in the city of Chicago and follows the adventures of a man who mysteriously receives each Chicago Sun-Times newspaper the day before it is actually published, and who uses this knowledge to prevent terrible events each day. Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens are among the stars of the series that lasted 90 episodes.
Early Edition also airs on the Syfy cable network (aka Sci-Fi Channel) from time to time in marathon blocks on its daily daytime rotation block. In fact, Syfy will next air it on May 17 from 8am-4pm and then again on June 24 with the same timings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.