Monday, April 26, 2010
Comedy Central's Off-Network Premiere of It's Sunny in Philadelphia and New Episodes of Futurama; GMC Acquires Early Edition
First, if you don't know by now, we have moved the blog to blog.sitcomsonline.com, so update your bookmarks! sitcomsonline.com/blog will now redirect to the new address. And now that we got that out of the way, it's time for some news...
April showers may bring May flowers, but It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Comedy Central! This May, Comedy Central is proud to bring It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to its viewers starting May 31, along with reruns of the series Sit Down, Shut Up airing Tuesdays starting May 4.
In Sit Down, Shut Up, the staff of Knob Haven High School are dedicated fully to one thing: themselves. This animated series from the creators of Arrested Development is a look into the lives of teachers who don't believe in teaching and stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Kristin Chenoweth, Will Forte, Nick Kroll, Kenan Thompson, Cheri Oteri and the great Henry Winkler. The series will air Tuesdays at 10pm starting May 4 with encores on Tuesdays in late night, Sundays in late night and Mondays at 5pm.
The hit series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia sometimes called "Seinfeld on Crack" is coming to Comedy Central in repeats (FX will still air new episodes)! Mac, Dennis, Charlie and Sweet Dee are four dysfunctional friends who run an Irish pub in Philadelphia. Hang out with the gang and Dennis and Dee's dad Frank as they hatch elaborate schemes, conspire with and against each other, raise a dumpster baby, get invincible, poop the bed, bang each other's moms, stage a highly ineffective intervention and drink more then the patrons who visit their bar. The series will air in a two-hour block every Monday from 9-11pm starting Monday, May 31.
On Father's Day (Sunday, June 20), sit down with dear ol' Dad and get in some quality bonding time to celebrate Father's Day. Vicariously live the shared dream of becoming a rock star with the film Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny, then share some laughs and tears and try to come up with as many girl names for J.D. as possible during some episodes of [scrubs] and finish off the afternoon with the collegiate nostalgia of the film Van Wilder: Freshman Year. Then it's time for a Futuramathon! Travel through space, time and a whole alternate dimension of hilarity with Fry, Bender, Leela and the gang: Comedy Central is bringing viewers a Futuramathon! Catch up on some of the best moments of Futurama from the year 3000, and get psyched at warp speed for the world premiere of brand-new episodes on June 24.
And speaking of that, Futurama is indeed back! And not just repeats, NEW episodes! Everybody's favorite zany group from the future has returned with twelve brand-new episodes, airing now on Comedy Central! Twentieth century boy Philip J. Fry is still jetting around the universe with his favorite drunken robot, one-eyed mutant, mad scientist, rule-abiding Jamaican accountant and Nibblonian monster in a host of brand-new adventures from the team at Planet Express.
Gospel Music Channel (GMC) added the drama Early Edition to its line-up last week (April 19). The 1996-2000 CBS drama is airing Mon-Thurs at 10pm. It is airing right after the new acquisition Joan of Arcadia (Mon-Thurs 9pm). The series is set in the city of Chicago and follows the adventures of a man who mysteriously receives each Chicago Sun-Times newspaper the day before it is actually published, and who uses this knowledge to prevent terrible events each day. Kyle Chandler and Fisher Stevens are among the stars of the series that lasted 90 episodes.
Early Edition also airs on the Syfy cable network (aka Sci-Fi Channel) from time to time in marathon blocks on its daily daytime rotation block. In fact, Syfy will next air it on May 17 from 8am-4pm and then again on June 24 with the same timings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.