Thursday, November 27, 2014
Before we let you all go back to your families (or special friends), we want to let you know the marathons on TV you and your family might want to watch during the day and after Thanksgiving dinner. We love TV marathons and you all come here on each holiday to see what marathons are airing, so as always we will do that today, too, of course!
We have told you about some of the sitcom related marathons already in our regular news stories. Our pick of the weekend is the Dennis the Menace 27-hour marathon today (Thanksgiving Day) that started at 12am ET on Antenna TV! Last night on Thanksgiving Eve they aired classic sitcom Thanksgiving episodes including WKRP in Cincinnati's "Turkey's Away" and other sitcoms like Diff'rent Strokes and Too Close for Comfort. TV Land has a Laugh More-a-thon Weekend with many classics and modern classics including I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and more. TBS will once again present a Friends marathon today, Thanksgiving Day, from 10am-5pm with all of the series' Thanksgiving episodes. WE tv will have all the Thanksgiving episodes of Roseanne and Will & Grace airing from 12pm-4pm today in a marathon block. And New York City is lucky to have a marathon of The Honeymooners for the third straight year on Thanksgiving, today on WPIX from 11am-3pm, sandwiched in between two airings of the movie March of the Wooden Soldiers! Also in New York, we get the second straight year of Taxi on the Day After Thanksgiving, Friday from 9am-9pm on WLNY TV 55/10. So yeah we told you about all these already either recently or many moons ago. Now let's get to some we haven't had a chance to mention!
We didn't get a chance to mention ABC Family's The Middle Thanksgiving episodes marathon airing today from 7am-9:30am. FXX will present a marathon of The Simpsons along with an airing of The Simpsons Movie from 4pm-12am. USA Network will present a Modern Family marathon from 10am-12am. CMT will stick with the family sitcom, with a Reba marathon from 1-8pm. Portlandia gets a marathon on IFC from 9am-2:30pm. TVGN will set sail with a marathon of The Love Boat from 9am-3pm. We also have many many Thanksgiving themed episodes airing that are not in marathons like Friends on Nick at Nite, Boy Meets World on MTV2, and sitcoms like Will & Grace and Living Single on Logo.
Non-sitcom wise, INSP has a Waltons Thanksgiving movie marathon from 9am-9pm today and a Walker Texas Ranger Black Friday Marathon from 1pm-2am. WGN America has a marathon of America's Funniest Home Videos from 7pm-1am tonight, but before that a Blue Bloods Thanksgiving marathon will air from 12pm-7pm. Pivot will showcase a marathon for Friday Night Lights from 10am-9pm. TNT will have a marathon of Transporter: The Series from 11am-11pm. Other notables for Thanksgiving Thursday include an Adventure Time marathon on Cartoon Network today from 9am-2pm, a The Millionaire Matchmaker marathon on Bravo from 3-10:30pm, a Jurassic Park movie marathon on AMC from 10am-2am, MTV has a RidicuFEAST Thanksgiving marathon of Ridiculousness, a Cops marathon on Spike starting at 5pm, a Duck Dynasty Thanksgiving marathon on A&E starting at 1pm and a John Wayne movie marathon on Encore Westerns from 6am-1am. We also have many many movies marathons on networks like ABC Family, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, Lifetime, Universal HD, and more.
On the networks tonight, there are two original specials: Thank You America! With Robin Roberts on ABC an An All-Star Dog Spectacular on Fox. View our ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule, because that is the place to be as always during the holiday season beginning December 1! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, November 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Thanksgiving Coupling" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon protests when the gang drags him to Mrs. Wolowitz’s house for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Penny and Leonard must deal with a mistake from her past.
Mom - "Kimchi and a Monkey Playing Harmonica" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has mixed feelings about Baxter's new relationship with Candace. Meanwhile, things between Bonnie and Alvin heat up. Sara Rue guest stars as Candace; Edward Asner guest stars as Christy and Bonnie’s neighbor, Jack. Kevin Pollak returns as Alvin.
Two and a Half Men - "Oontz Oontz Oontz" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Walden decides to foster a 6-year-old boy, but begins to doubt himself when they don’t bond like he expected. Edan Alexander joins the cast as Louis, the foster child.
The McCarthys - "Thanks a Lot, Ronny" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During Thanksgiving dinner, the McCarthy family works together to manipulate Gerard into breaking up with his offensive girlfriend. Jessica St. Clair guest stars as Gerard’s girlfriend, Katrina.
Thursday, November 27
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Reed Between the Lines/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Tavis Smiley, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Kat on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your local listings.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim shares why she's having the best sex of her life now and being happily single in the city on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fisbburne (black-ish) - Laurence is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great ideas for your Thanksgiving leftovers on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Norman chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Ratzenberger (Cheers) - John will be on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel.