Thursday, July 24, 2014
Cozi TV is adding another sitcom. After just adding The Dick Van Dyke Show in June and Make Room For Daddy and The Real McCoys earlier this year, now another sitcom will grace the schedule. Cozi TV is adding the the early '70s sitcom Here's Lucy starring the legendary Lucille Ball to its line-up starting Monday, August 11. The sitcom will air weekdays at 4:00pm & 4:30pm. We'll have more on how this affects the rest of the schedule soon, such as where Make Room for Daddy will move to as a result. This series originally aired from 1968-74 on CBS and was Lucille Ball's third sitcom at the time. The legendary queen of television comedy is joined by her real-life children, Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. Ball plays Lucille Carter, widowed mother of teenagers Kim and Craig. Lucy works for her brother-in-law Harry, played by Gale Gordon, who owns Carter's Unique Employment Agency, leading Lucy into endless predicaments and hilarious hijinks. Stay with us for more info soon! COZI TV has more than 60 affiliates, serving nine of the top 10 U.S. television markets.
Well that was fast. The CW has pulled new comedies Seed and Backpackers from its schedule after just two episodes a piece. The comedies were airing on Monday nights following repeats of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Now repeats of Arrow will air Mondays at 9pm for a few weeks before the new season of America's Next Top Model debuts. That series will have its season premiere on Monday, Aug. 18 at 9, instead of the previously announced Friday, Aug. 22 start date. Back to the comedies, the ratings were terrible with this past Monday's airing doing an anemic 0.2 and 0.1 18-49 rating respectively and just 440,000 and 350,000 viewers. These comedies were imports from Canada.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 25
Jessie - "Space Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Ravi scores a trip to outer space for his birthday with Jessie and the Ross kids; when Ravi remains on Earth, the trip takes a startling turn.
Girls Meets World - "Girl Meets Father" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's time for the Matthews' annual trip to Coney Island for roller coasters and family bonding; this year, Riley would rather go to the school dance; while processing his daughter's adolescence, Cory also deals with giving Maya an ``F.''
Dog with a Blog - "Pod People From Pasadena" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Avery's been chosen to create a float for the town parade and enlists her father's help; after watching a movie, Chloe's convinced that her family has been taken over by aliens and that the float is a spaceship.
Friday, July 25
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the rest of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mike Vogel (Grounded for Life) - Mike stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey chats about his upcoming FX series Partners on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on Wake Up on Taylor on SiriusXM Stars Channel 109 sometime between 7-10am.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn is a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. Finally, she is a guest on Arise TV at 3pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran will be on HuffPost Live.