Tuesday, December 22, 2009
In other CBS reality series news, two specials will air on Jan. 28 and Feb. 4. Live for the Moment, a one-hour special from Emmy Award winners Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett, will be broadcast Thursday, Jan. 28 at 8:00 PM ET/PT. Live for the Moment reveals how one person's life-changing event inspired them to live life to the fullest. Host Jeff Probst takes that person on a series of adventures and experiences that create special life moments with family and friends. This person shares their inspiring insights on how they live their lives differently and by doing so, possibly will change the way others live too. Surviving Survivor (working title), a one-hour special will air on Thursday, Feb. 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, revisiting some of the greatest moments in Survivor history and following up on life after Survivor with some of the most memorable castaways. The special, executive produced by Susan Zirinsky for Eye2 Productions, contains fresh interviews with Survivor favorites, and offers a sneak peak at the new Survivor, which will launch on Feb. 11. Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, the 20th edition of the franchise, premieres with a two-hour episode, Thursday, Feb. 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains will reunite some of the most memorable, heroic and controversial castaways from previous Survivor seasons. The series' best strategists will face off in their attempt to overcome - or embrace - the label placed upon them as they return for revenge or redemption. The series will air weekly in the 8:00 PM ET/PT hour, as always, starting Feb. 18.
CBS still has not announced premiere dates and information on any mid-season scripted series. Returning sitcom Rules of Engagement and new dramas Miami Medical and The Bridge have not yet been given premiere dates. I can see Rules and Miami Medical launching in March with The Bridge probably in the summer. Stay with us for details on these as soon as we get it.
Meanwhile at Fox, they have announced they will make some time changes for Wednesdays and Sundays. American Idol and new drama Human Target will have their times flipped starting Jan. 27. Idol will shift to 9pm, while Human Target moves to 8pm. Human Target will still have its Wednesday launch on Jan. 20 following Idol, but will then have to lead off the night starting Jan. 27. Human Target will still have its series premiere on Sunday, Jan. 17 following NFL Divisional Playoff coverage.
The other mid-season time change for Fox will be on Sundays, but not until March 14. New mid-season sitcom Sons of Tucson will now air Sundays at 9:30pm, rather than 8:30pm. This means The Cleveland Show will stay put at 8:30pm, as it was slated to move to 9:30pm. Fox has ordered 13 episodes oddly of Sons of Tuscon, but they will not be able to fit all 13 in this season, unless it gets additional airings elsewhere. No word on where American Dad! will go, but it is likely it will move to 7:30pm starting March 14 or at a later date (or maybe if Tucson bombs, it returns at 9:30pm a few weeks later?).
So we are just about set for all the networks for January and February. NBC and Fox has announced nearly all of their plans for the entire mid-season, but CBS and ABC still have some March dates to announce. ABC also has to announce what they plan to do on Tuesdays at 8:00pm starting Feb. 9 and Fridays at 9:00pm starting Feb. 12. Scrubs and Better off Ted are done with their seasons after Jan. 26, more on that tomorrow.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.