Friday, November 06, 2009
WGN America Makes Changes to Outta Sight Retro Night, Newhart Thanksgiving Marathon; TNT Picks-Up Mentalist, USA Picks-Up NCIS: LA
Then starting Sunday, Nov. 29, the Sunday block Outta Sight Retro Night will get some schedule changes. The 6pm ET hour will now be Becker instead of ALF. Cosby Show, Newhart, Barney Miller remain in their 7pm-10pm ET hours, followed by a news break at 10pm ET. After the news, Cheers is still on during the 11pm ET hour, but then after that we have some changes. ALF moves to the 12 midnight hour, replacing Bewitched and more Barney Miller will air in the 1am hour replacing I Dream of Jeannie. It is not a big deal for Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie to be removed from Sundays, because they already air weekday afternoons. So with all of these schedule changes, nothing is being removed totally...which is good!
And finally, this Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 26, 2009) spend the holiday once again with Newhart! WGN America will air a Newhart marathon from 2:30pm-8pm ET! For the second consecutive Thanksgiving WGN America is giving a nice Newhart marathon on Thanksgiving. Episodes airing this year in the marathon are (in order of airing): "Vermont Day," "Miss Stephanie," "A Hunting We Will Go," "Candidate Larry," "Will the Real Dick Loudon Please Shut Up," "Co-Hostess Twinkie," "Camp Stephanie," "The Gleeless Club," "The Nice Man Cometh," "Don't Rain on My Parade," and "Thanksgiving for the Memories."
Stay with us in the coming weeks as we tell you what WGN America has planned for Christmas and New Year's! I'll give you a hint, it's going to be good...as usual with them!
TNT has acquired exclusive syndication rights to The Mentalist from Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution, commencing in Fall 2012. Currently in its second season on CBS, The Mentalist has emerged as one of the hottest shows on broadcast television. The series will begin running weekly on the cable network in Fall 2011, before getting the full 5-days a week treatment in Fall 2012.
USA Network has acquired the exclusive off-network rights to the CBS Television Distribution's drama NCIS: Los Angeles, the newest addition to the NCIS franchise. Under the agreement, USA Network will have access to weekly early exhibitions from season one beginning September 2011 and the right to start stripping the series weekdays in September 2013. The original NCIS on USA Network is the #1 "off-network" series on cable for 2009 to date averaging nearly 3.5million total viewers in Primetime.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 29
Bunk'd - "Bride and Doom" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The campers learn about the ghost that haunts Kikiwaka; a camp wedding may be the way to rid the camp of her spirit.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Mother's Day Gift" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Instead of including the rest of her siblings, Harley decides to go solo on her Mother's Day Gift idea.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "It's a Woman's World" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Joseph make assumptions about the other's job.
Friday, April 29
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Watch Don on repeats of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC and The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry talks about Mother's Day on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia talks about Keanu on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Dave Coulier (Fulller House/Full House) - David is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena and Susan Sarandon reunite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thelma & Louise on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about Changing Normal on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Tia Mowry-Hardict (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ariana Neal (Nicki) - Ariana appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) and Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jennifer and Jason talk about Mother's Day on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.