Monday, February 16, 2009
We gave you the details on The Golden Girls on The Hallmark Channel already, now we have details on The Golden Girls on WE tv. We were the first ones to announce last year that the series would also come to WE tv when it comes to Hallmark and leaves Lifetime. Now we finally have the details on WE tv's timeslots for the show!
The hit '80s sitcom premieres Monday, March 16, on WE tv from 5pm to 7pm, with four back-to-back episodes that will air every weeknight thereafter as well from 5pm to 7pm. So Hallmark will air it on weekdays 9-10am, 4-5pm and 12-2am, and we can now add 5-7pm for WE tv. If my math is correct, that is six combined hours between the two. This is just weekdays, too! In addition, an all-day marathon has been scheduled from 10am-5pm on Saturday, March 21 on WE tv. We don't know yet if WE tv will air the series yet on weekends, but Hallmark is airing it in the mornings (Saturdays 6-9am and Sundays 8:30am-10am). Stay tuned, as they say in the TV world.
The series of course is about four previously married women living together in Miami, sharing their various experiences together and enjoying themselves despite hard times. We will have more on this for sure in the coming days, as we are not yet sure if WE tv will make any other schedule changes, as they air other sitcoms as well (Hope & Faith, Dharma & Greg, and Girlfriends). But for now head on over to WE tv's The Golden Girls section! Thank you for being a friend!
The Closer, basic cable's highest-rated program, will premiere on TV stations in reruns in fall 2010 and is sold through 2012. The show is sold to the Fox Television Stations in 16 markets, including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
It's also been cleared with the following groups: CBS, Raycom, Capitol Broadcasting, Local TV, Hearst-Argyle Television, Tribune, Young, LIN TV, Turner, Newport Television, Weigel Broadcasting, Post-Newsweek Stations, Four Points Media Group, Meredith, Cox Television, Grant Television, Gannett Broadcasting, McKinnon Broadcasting, Freedom Communications, ComCorp, Bonten Media Group, Barrington Broadcasting Group, Hubbard Broadcasting and ACME Television. This covers about 85% of the country so far.
The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television. Kyra Sedgwick stars as Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, who is involved in cracking tough and high-profile murder cases in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, Warner Bros. has sold the third syndication cycle of Without a Trace to stations representing 85% of the country, renewing the hit drama series in reruns through the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons on the CBS Television Stations in 18 markets, including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, as well as to stations owned by Sinclair, Tribune, Raycom, Meredith, Newport, Post-Newsweek, Four Points, Media General, Belo, Freedom, New Vision, Barrington, Bonten Media Group, McKinnon, Dispatch, Weigel, Journal, Allbritton, Grey, ACME and Hearst-Argyle. The series is still airing on broadcast in originals on CBS in its seventh season and is likely to return for an eighth season in 2009-2010.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.