Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Honeymooners New Year's Bash Nationally on WGN America, Also Still On WPIX in NY; Other WPIX Holiday Programming Includes Yule Log
Remember The Honeymooners airs regular on WGN America on Saturday nights at 12 midnight ET and Sunday in primetime at 9pm & 9:30pm ET.
That's not all for The Honeymooners! It wouldn't be a New Year's celebration in the Big Apple without Jackie Gleason and company as WPIX in New York brings you their annual tradition of The Honeymooners New Year's Blowout Bash! WPIX's marathon starts when the clock strikes midnight and we enter 2009! 16 hours, 32 episodes of classic Honeymooners episodes will air. From 12am-4:30am and 9am-8pm, WPIX brings you 32 classics from the original 39 and the lost episodes as well! Episodes airing on WPIX starting at 12 midnight: "The Sleepwalker," "Pal O' Mine," "Hello Mom," "Please Leave the Premises," "Deciding Vote," "Something Fishy," "A Matter of Record," "Ralph Kramden, Inc.," and "Pardon My Glove" then we have a morning news break thru 9am. Episodes starting at 9am are: "Woman's Work is Never Done," "Here Comes the Bride," "Matter of Life & Death," "Brother Ralph," "Oh My Achin' Back," "The Baby Sitter," "Head of the House," "The Worry Wart," "A Dog's Life," "Trapped," "Better Living Thru TV," "A Man's Pride," "The Golfer," "Funny Money," "Young at Heart," "Dial J for Janitor," "Bensonhurst Bomber," "Unconventional Behavior," "Man From Space," "TV or Not TV," "The $99,000 Answer," and "Mama Loves Mambo."
The Honeymooners regularly airs on WPIX Sunday nights at 1am and 1:30am, part of a Viewer's Choice Hour where fans choose episodes.
We haven't had a chance yet to give you WPIX's holiday programming, but we will today! It wouldn't be a holiday in New York without The WPIX Yule Log! The Yule Log, the famous film loop of a burning log in a hearth, has mesmerized viewers since it debuted on WPIX in 1966. To celebrate the Log's 42nd anniversary, WPIX-11 will air The Yule Log from 9am-1pm on Christmas Day (Thursday, December 25), expanding the coverage to four hours! At 1pm, immediately following The Yule Log, WPIX will air the beloved holiday classic, March of the Wooden Soldiers.
In recent years, The Yule Log has been digitally re-mastered and fully restored. In 2001, while searching the company's archives, the original 35mm Yule Log film was found where it was misfiled in a Honeymooners film can titled "A Dog's Life." At that time, the original film was color corrected and cleaned of scratches. In 2003, the Log was up-converted to High Definition (WPIX now airs a simultaneous HDTV Yule Log on WPIX-HD) and in 2005 WPIX made The Yule Log available to viewers as a downloadable podcast.
We menioned the Yule Log will be seen nationally on WGN America on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, but it can also be seen locally on many other Tribune stations: KTLA in LA 5-8am, WGN local in Chicago 1:30-6:30am, WPHL on Philly 9a-noon, KDAF in Dallas 8-11am (airing their own version of the Yule Log), WDCW in DC 8-10am, KCPQ in Seattle 5-9am, WSFL in Miami 7-10am, KWGN in Denver 5-9am, KTXL in Sacramento 4:30-9am, KPLR in St. Louis 8am-noon, KRCW in Portland 5-10am, WXIN in Indianapolis 5-9am, WTTV in Indianapolis 5-8:30am, WTIC in Hartford 8-10am, WXMI in Grand Rapids 5-7am, WPMT in Harrisburg 5-10am, and WGNO in New Orleans 5-7am. Times listed are for each city's respective time zone.
WPIX will also celebrate the holidays with movies and holiday episodes as well. Catch movies such as Jack Frost, I'll Be Home for Christmas, and Christmas at Water's Edge, and holiday episodes of The Jeffersons, Frasier, Friends, South Park, The Odd Couple, and more in the regular time periods on Christmas week!
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.