Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Honeymooners New Year's Bash Nationally on WGN America, Also Still On WPIX in NY; Other WPIX Holiday Programming Includes Yule Log
Remember The Honeymooners airs regular on WGN America on Saturday nights at 12 midnight ET and Sunday in primetime at 9pm & 9:30pm ET.
That's not all for The Honeymooners! It wouldn't be a New Year's celebration in the Big Apple without Jackie Gleason and company as WPIX in New York brings you their annual tradition of The Honeymooners New Year's Blowout Bash! WPIX's marathon starts when the clock strikes midnight and we enter 2009! 16 hours, 32 episodes of classic Honeymooners episodes will air. From 12am-4:30am and 9am-8pm, WPIX brings you 32 classics from the original 39 and the lost episodes as well! Episodes airing on WPIX starting at 12 midnight: "The Sleepwalker," "Pal O' Mine," "Hello Mom," "Please Leave the Premises," "Deciding Vote," "Something Fishy," "A Matter of Record," "Ralph Kramden, Inc.," and "Pardon My Glove" then we have a morning news break thru 9am. Episodes starting at 9am are: "Woman's Work is Never Done," "Here Comes the Bride," "Matter of Life & Death," "Brother Ralph," "Oh My Achin' Back," "The Baby Sitter," "Head of the House," "The Worry Wart," "A Dog's Life," "Trapped," "Better Living Thru TV," "A Man's Pride," "The Golfer," "Funny Money," "Young at Heart," "Dial J for Janitor," "Bensonhurst Bomber," "Unconventional Behavior," "Man From Space," "TV or Not TV," "The $99,000 Answer," and "Mama Loves Mambo."
The Honeymooners regularly airs on WPIX Sunday nights at 1am and 1:30am, part of a Viewer's Choice Hour where fans choose episodes.
We haven't had a chance yet to give you WPIX's holiday programming, but we will today! It wouldn't be a holiday in New York without The WPIX Yule Log! The Yule Log, the famous film loop of a burning log in a hearth, has mesmerized viewers since it debuted on WPIX in 1966. To celebrate the Log's 42nd anniversary, WPIX-11 will air The Yule Log from 9am-1pm on Christmas Day (Thursday, December 25), expanding the coverage to four hours! At 1pm, immediately following The Yule Log, WPIX will air the beloved holiday classic, March of the Wooden Soldiers.
In recent years, The Yule Log has been digitally re-mastered and fully restored. In 2001, while searching the company's archives, the original 35mm Yule Log film was found where it was misfiled in a Honeymooners film can titled "A Dog's Life." At that time, the original film was color corrected and cleaned of scratches. In 2003, the Log was up-converted to High Definition (WPIX now airs a simultaneous HDTV Yule Log on WPIX-HD) and in 2005 WPIX made The Yule Log available to viewers as a downloadable podcast.
We menioned the Yule Log will be seen nationally on WGN America on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, but it can also be seen locally on many other Tribune stations: KTLA in LA 5-8am, WGN local in Chicago 1:30-6:30am, WPHL on Philly 9a-noon, KDAF in Dallas 8-11am (airing their own version of the Yule Log), WDCW in DC 8-10am, KCPQ in Seattle 5-9am, WSFL in Miami 7-10am, KWGN in Denver 5-9am, KTXL in Sacramento 4:30-9am, KPLR in St. Louis 8am-noon, KRCW in Portland 5-10am, WXIN in Indianapolis 5-9am, WTTV in Indianapolis 5-8:30am, WTIC in Hartford 8-10am, WXMI in Grand Rapids 5-7am, WPMT in Harrisburg 5-10am, and WGNO in New Orleans 5-7am. Times listed are for each city's respective time zone.
WPIX will also celebrate the holidays with movies and holiday episodes as well. Catch movies such as Jack Frost, I'll Be Home for Christmas, and Christmas at Water's Edge, and holiday episodes of The Jeffersons, Frasier, Friends, South Park, The Odd Couple, and more in the regular time periods on Christmas week!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.