Sunday, June 22, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 3.78 million viewers...down from previous week once again...
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, exactly the same though from previous week...great retention at least.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat again exactly the same from previous week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.71 million for a repeat is OK, but can you believe this is the second highest rated animated comedy this week?
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat airing...up from previous week....over a million finally.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.09 million a repeat, down a tad from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.09 million for a repeat...better than previous week by a hair.
Summer Week 4
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.63 million for a repeat is OK, but that is lower than the 6.41 million special Bill Engvall CBS repeat the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.66 million for a repeat airing, down from previous week, but it did build on the lead-in, as the previous week it didn't for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall drew some extra eyeballs on the eye.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.95 million for a repeat, down nearly two million week to week...odd.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.66 million for a repeat ... like the lead-in down nearly two million week to week...I wouldn't expect that big of a drop until like mid-July when the summer effect really heats up.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.19 million, on par really from the previous week's 1.2 million.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - Special Thursday encore at 8pm only mustered 4.05 million...CBS is better off encoring a crime drama in this slot.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 4.33 million for a Thursday repeat ... built on the lead-in at least.
- The Office (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.38 million, a bit better than previous week's My Name is Earl encore which did 3.28 million.
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Steven Weber and Shanna Moakler and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new at 9pm only as The Moment of Truth will be preempted at 8pm for a Hell's Kitchen repeat followed by a new episode at 9pm. ABC launches the much anticipated new Tuesday line-up of the looks to be funny Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC will launch Celebrity Family Feud a week earlier than planned at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent from 9-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Deal or No Deal at 8pm leading into the premiere of Baby Borrowers at 9pm and the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be all new all night as well, with new episodes of Wife Swap, Supernanny and Primetime: Crime. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm....when is this ending?
On Thursday ABC will launch the "real" Grey's Anatomy as ABC looks in at the drama at a real hospital in ABCNews' Hopkins at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10 which is getting horrific ratings. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm...both have been less than spectacular so far. ESPN has the NBA Draft starting at 7:30pm ET.
On Friday ABC will launch a new Friday reality series actually with the launch of new dance show Dance Machine at 8 followed by the return of addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm, which means all-new ABCNews specials will air Tues-Fri at 10pm this summer. NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will Cops and AMW on Fox and more U.S. Summer Olympic Trials on NBC from 8-9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 26
Monday, January 26
- Louis CK (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony is a guest on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down), John Gemberling (Broad City/Marry Me) and Tymberlee Hill (Marry Me/The Hotwives of Orlando) - Ken, John and Tymberlee are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Full House/How I Met Your Mother) - Bob is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits The Real, so check your local listings. She also guest-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York between 7-10am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal - NeNe talks about the highlights of the SAG Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.