Sunday, June 22, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 3.78 million viewers...down from previous week once again...
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, exactly the same though from previous week...great retention at least.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat again exactly the same from previous week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.71 million for a repeat is OK, but can you believe this is the second highest rated animated comedy this week?
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat airing...up from previous week....over a million finally.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.09 million a repeat, down a tad from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.09 million for a repeat...better than previous week by a hair.
Summer Week 4
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.63 million for a repeat is OK, but that is lower than the 6.41 million special Bill Engvall CBS repeat the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.66 million for a repeat airing, down from previous week, but it did build on the lead-in, as the previous week it didn't for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall drew some extra eyeballs on the eye.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.95 million for a repeat, down nearly two million week to week...odd.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.66 million for a repeat ... like the lead-in down nearly two million week to week...I wouldn't expect that big of a drop until like mid-July when the summer effect really heats up.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.19 million, on par really from the previous week's 1.2 million.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - Special Thursday encore at 8pm only mustered 4.05 million...CBS is better off encoring a crime drama in this slot.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 4.33 million for a Thursday repeat ... built on the lead-in at least.
- The Office (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.38 million, a bit better than previous week's My Name is Earl encore which did 3.28 million.
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Steven Weber and Shanna Moakler and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new at 9pm only as The Moment of Truth will be preempted at 8pm for a Hell's Kitchen repeat followed by a new episode at 9pm. ABC launches the much anticipated new Tuesday line-up of the looks to be funny Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC will launch Celebrity Family Feud a week earlier than planned at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent from 9-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Deal or No Deal at 8pm leading into the premiere of Baby Borrowers at 9pm and the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be all new all night as well, with new episodes of Wife Swap, Supernanny and Primetime: Crime. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm....when is this ending?
On Thursday ABC will launch the "real" Grey's Anatomy as ABC looks in at the drama at a real hospital in ABCNews' Hopkins at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10 which is getting horrific ratings. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm...both have been less than spectacular so far. ESPN has the NBA Draft starting at 7:30pm ET.
On Friday ABC will launch a new Friday reality series actually with the launch of new dance show Dance Machine at 8 followed by the return of addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm, which means all-new ABCNews specials will air Tues-Fri at 10pm this summer. NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will Cops and AMW on Fox and more U.S. Summer Olympic Trials on NBC from 8-9pm.
How I Met Your Mother - "The Locket" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On their way to Long Island for their wedding weekend, Robin and Barney come across a startling family discovery. Meanwhile, Marshall sees something online that changes the course of his entire journey back east, and Lily confronts Ted about letting go of Robin. Sherri Shepherd (“The View”) guest stars as Daphne, a woman on the same flight as Marshall; and Wayne Brady (“Let’s Make a Deal”) returns as Barney’s brother, James.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Kickstarter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Shoeless Molly Flynn" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Molly needs to adjust her spending habits on shoes if she wants to maintain harmony in her marriage.
Mom - "A Small Nervous Breakdown and a Misplaced Fork" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
goes on her first date since she stopped drinking. Meanwhile, Bonnie teaches her grandson Roscoe to gamble. Justin Long guest stars as Christy’s date, Adam.
My Crazy Roommate - "The Maid" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Brooke and Chloe argue about their maid and cleaning responsibilities.
Monday, December 9
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Watch Queen Latifah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kim Richards (Hello, Larry) - Kim chats on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Elise Neal (The Hughleys) - Elise is part of the guest panel on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Tune in to see Katey on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom discusses his role in Saving Mr. Banks on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Lisa Whelchel (The Facts of Life) - Lisa appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.