Sunday, June 22, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 9-15)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 3.78 million viewers...down from previous week once again...
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, exactly the same though from previous week...great retention at least.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat again exactly the same from previous week.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.71 million for a repeat is OK, but can you believe this is the second highest rated animated comedy this week?
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat airing...up from previous week....over a million finally.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.09 million a repeat, down a tad from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.09 million for a repeat...better than previous week by a hair.
Summer Week 4
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.63 million for a repeat is OK, but that is lower than the 6.41 million special Bill Engvall CBS repeat the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.66 million for a repeat airing, down from previous week, but it did build on the lead-in, as the previous week it didn't for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall drew some extra eyeballs on the eye.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.95 million for a repeat, down nearly two million week to week...odd.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.66 million for a repeat ... like the lead-in down nearly two million week to week...I wouldn't expect that big of a drop until like mid-July when the summer effect really heats up.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.19 million, on par really from the previous week's 1.2 million.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - Special Thursday encore at 8pm only mustered 4.05 million...CBS is better off encoring a crime drama in this slot.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 4.33 million for a Thursday repeat ... built on the lead-in at least.
- The Office (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.38 million, a bit better than previous week's My Name is Earl encore which did 3.28 million.
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Steven Weber and Shanna Moakler and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new at 9pm only as The Moment of Truth will be preempted at 8pm for a Hell's Kitchen repeat followed by a new episode at 9pm. ABC launches the much anticipated new Tuesday line-up of the looks to be funny Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC will launch Celebrity Family Feud a week earlier than planned at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent from 9-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Deal or No Deal at 8pm leading into the premiere of Baby Borrowers at 9pm and the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be all new all night as well, with new episodes of Wife Swap, Supernanny and Primetime: Crime. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm....when is this ending?
On Thursday ABC will launch the "real" Grey's Anatomy as ABC looks in at the drama at a real hospital in ABCNews' Hopkins at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10 which is getting horrific ratings. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm...both have been less than spectacular so far. ESPN has the NBA Draft starting at 7:30pm ET.
On Friday ABC will launch a new Friday reality series actually with the launch of new dance show Dance Machine at 8 followed by the return of addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm, which means all-new ABCNews specials will air Tues-Fri at 10pm this summer. NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will Cops and AMW on Fox and more U.S. Summer Olympic Trials on NBC from 8-9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Showdown at the Golden Saddle" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Things are looking up for the Huangs when Louis gets the restaurant a billboard in a prime spot in Orlando. They even get an invite to the country club. But when someone repeatedly vandalizes the billboard, they’re left wondering why. Eddie works hard to get the attention of the girl he’s crushing on (Luna Blaise as Nicole), but it doesn’t help matters when his mom hires her to babysit him.
New Girl - "Walk of Shame" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a night of partying at Bearclaw’s (guest star Josh Gad), Jess and Cece make their way back to the loft and run into a familiar face. Meanwhile, Coach worries about bringing Nick and Winston around his sophisticated new girlfriend, May (guest star Meaghan Rath).
The Mindy Project - "Fertility Bites" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy’s fertility clinic opens. But with zero track record in the fertility field, attracting new patients is tougher than she imagined. Meanwhile, at Shulman & Associates, the nurses try to raise money for obese nurses while trying to get to know Dr. Bergdahl.
Cougar Town - "Two Men Talking" TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Fearing that her dad, Chick, is lonely, Jules tries to set him up with Grayson as a best friend. Laurie helps Andy fit in with a cool mom group and Travis and Ellie open up to each other in the Winebulance.
Sirens - "Let Pytons Be Pythons" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A car crash at a firehouse releases an unusual passenger; Billy accompanies Theresa and Maeve to a sample sale.
Tuesday, March 3
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Angela Kinsey (The Hotwives of Orlando/The Office) - Angela appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. talks about the new season of Four Courses with J.B. Smoove and MSG's Garden of Laughs comedy show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kendra C. Johnson (Tyler Perry's Love Thy Neighbor) - Kendra stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie talks about The Flash and The Duff on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy talks about A&E's The Returned on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat) - Forrest and Ian talk about their new comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly talks about The Breakfast Club's 30th Anniversary on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.