Tuesday, June 13, 2006
You may have tuned in last night to Nick@Nite and/or TV Land and saw that the marathon blocks were airing "off the clock." Well, that is because they are only airing seven airings of these shows. 12-4AM would equal eight airings for a sitcom, but they seem to have added an extra 30 minutes of commercials. For example the 1:00AM "scheduled" Benson episode last night started around 1:15 a.m. Strange, but slick. The Miami Vice block on Fridays will actually be from 12:00AM to 4:30AM, but again an extra 30 minutes of commercials will be squeezed in.
We will have more on TV Land and Nick@Nite very soon as they will be releasing the August highlights--as I said, expect the 12-4AM marathons to continue on TV Land through the end of August.
Yesterday we told you ABC pulled the Thursday Grey's Anatomy slot for June 29, well now they have told us that they will start the Thursday slot on July 6, with a two-hour launch. Repeats of season one are slated. For the time being, the Sunday 10 p.m. slot will remain as well. Grey's Anatomy will officially move to Thursdays at 9 this fall when season three premieres.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 2
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Slump" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake has a slew of unsolved cases that he can’t seem to close, and the other detectives don’t want his losing streak to rub off on them. Meanwhile, Holt asks Amy to run lead on the Junior Policeman Program for at-risk youth, and she enlists Rosa and Gina’s help. Also, Boyle helps Sergeant Jeffords with a special case he cannot solve.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "M.E. time" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to the team’s annoyance, Jake hits on an attractive medical examiner, Dr. Rossi (guest star Ellis), at a crime scene and holds up the autopsy report. He learns his lesson when Dr. Rossi turns out to be more than he bargained for. Meanwhile, Amy’s purse-snatching case is stalled when the sketch artist is out sick, but she discovers that Sgt. Jeffords has hidden artistic talents.
Sunday, August 3
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ryan Stiles (The Drew Carey Show) - Ryan appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- McKaley Miller (Partners) - McKaley visits The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Matt Walsh (Veep) - Matt talks about his new film Into the Storm on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.