Thursday, September 01, 2005
In other local news, there will be a Labor Day Saved by the Bell marathon in Los Angeles on KDOC-TV from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Nick@Nite and TV Land have released stunt plans for November and December. For TV Land we can expect the What's Happening!! 48 hour launch marathon on Nov. 5 & 6 (and possibly sightings of the follow-up series What's Happening Now!! in the launch event), a Nick@Nite/TV Land simulcast special An American Celebration: A Show of Thanks airing Nov. 15, on Thanksgiving Day relive all your Friday night reunion/clip show specials/episodes that will air every Friday from Oct. 21 to Nov. 18 in a five-hour stunt on Thanksgiving day, and finally the last week in November relive that 7 episode TV Land series Chasing Farrah for a week at 10 p.m. from Nov. 28 to Dec. 4. In December for TV Land we can expect another five-part series from TV Guide & TV Land titled TV Guide Presents: 100 Most Unexpected Moments, then TV Land will debut a new TV Land Top 10 episode counting down the top ten Holiday Moments, a new original series for Wednesday nights titled One Night Only with David Steinberg (wt), and finally TV Land presents its annual Merry-thon featuring 24 hours of holiday episodes from all your TV Land shows.
As for Nick@Nite, the Nick@Nite/TV Land simulcast special An American Celebration: A Show of Thanks airing Nov. 15, Fatherhood Family Table marathon, and a Thanksgiving stunt. In December we can expect a Holiday Collection marathon, a huge Fresh Prince of Bel-Air end of the year marathon and Nick@Nite's Rockin' New Year's Eve stunt.
Full details on the November schedules for both TV Land and Nick@Nite should be released in a week or so, which will include the time slot for What's Happening!! on TV Land and any other schedule changes that will occur. Stay tuned!
No real TV on DVD news to report. I'm still trying to find out the reason(s) on why that sitcom that has not had any subsequent seasons after the first release is not being released or why it is being delayed for so long.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 1
Fresh Off the Boat - "Home Sweet Home-School" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis and Jessica clash over how to raise the kids and how to run the restaurant. When the boys get straight A’s in school, Jessica decides that their school must be too easy and takes it upon herself to give them more homework and tutor them after class. She takes the same strict approach at the restaurant (no extra croutons for anyone!), so it’s up to Louis to get her to lighten up on everyone.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Fajita Man" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie is so desperate for a new video game named after his idol, Shaq, he goes to work at the restaurant. He expects special treatment since he’s the boss’s son, but is in for a surprise when Louis is determined to make him work hard for the money. Meanwhile, Jessica decides to look for a job of her own.
Fresh Off the Boat - "License to Sell" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica puts off taking the exam for her real estate license because she fears she isn’t good enough to compete with Orlando’s top realtor. Eddie looks to Louis for advice on how to win over older girl Nicole (guest star Luna Blaise), but puts his own spin on his dad’s suggestions.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Success Perm" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Family rivalry spirals out of control when Jessica’s sister, Connie, and her far more affluent husband come to visit. The Huangs try to convince everyone they’re doing great financially, when nothing could be further from the truth. Meanwhile, Eddie is excited to be reunited with his cousin Justin, who introduced him to hip hop, until he learns the kid has moved on to grunge.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Mole" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
There’s a mole in the precinct and Holt and Jake need to find out who it is before Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick) gets wind of it. Meanwhile, Terry and Rosa visit a “silent” disco to uncover new leads for their new drug task force.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is flabbergasted as Todd and Melissa’s relationship continues to develop right in front of him.
Playing House - "Kimmewah Kup" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Maggie and Emma's girls weekend is interrupted by an unexpected visitor; the women battle their old nemeses.
Tuesday, September 1
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Catch Tituss on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Steve Byrne (Sullivan & Son) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tyler Labine (Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler will be on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo is a guest on People Chatter.
- Lake Bell (Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp/How to Make It in America) - Lake is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Tate Donovan (Partners) - Tate is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa will be on KTLA Morning News on KTLA in Los Angeles in the 9am hour.