Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Today we have a lot of little television news to tell you. You might have heard some or all of these, but I feel they are noteworthy. Sitcom stars Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) and Dave Couiler (Full House) will be skating this fall on FOX on the reality show Skating with Celebrities. Read the press release here. This year's Emmy Awards, which are airing on Sunday, September 18 on CBS, will have stars of television sing classic television themes. I guess they watched the TV Land Awards and liked that idea. The stars include Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) singing the theme for Fame, William Shatner (Boston Legal) and opera mezzo von Stade will sing the Star Trek theme, Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) and Donald Trump (The Apprentice) with the Green Acres tune, and Gary Dourdan (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) and R&B artist Macy Gray will sing the popular The Jeffersons theme.
And VH1 will relive two 1970's sitcom stars for two new shows. Christopher Knight (Peter from The Brady Bunch) and Danny Bonaduce (The Partridge Family) will headline their own shows. Knight will star in My Fair Brady, premiering Sunday at 9:30 p.m. Bonaduce will star in Breaking Bonaduce premiering Sunday at 10:30 p.m.
In Brady, Lovebirds Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry first met on VH1's The Surreal Life 4. Now, a year later the two are living together and the twice married Chris is having commitment issues. Adrianne, on the other hand, is ready to start a family and gives Chris and ultimatum...either step up or I'm moving out. And in Bonaduce, America remembers Danny Bonaduce as the cute but spunky Danny Partridge in the 1970's classic series The Partridge Family. Since then however, this former child star has lived a life filled with dichotomy as the hard partying "bad guy" while also trying to remain a loving family man.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.