Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Today we have a lot of little television news to tell you. You might have heard some or all of these, but I feel they are noteworthy. Sitcom stars Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) and Dave Couiler (Full House) will be skating this fall on FOX on the reality show Skating with Celebrities. Read the press release here. This year's Emmy Awards, which are airing on Sunday, September 18 on CBS, will have stars of television sing classic television themes. I guess they watched the TV Land Awards and liked that idea. The stars include Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) singing the theme for Fame, William Shatner (Boston Legal) and opera mezzo von Stade will sing the Star Trek theme, Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) and Donald Trump (The Apprentice) with the Green Acres tune, and Gary Dourdan (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) and R&B artist Macy Gray will sing the popular The Jeffersons theme.
And VH1 will relive two 1970's sitcom stars for two new shows. Christopher Knight (Peter from The Brady Bunch) and Danny Bonaduce (The Partridge Family) will headline their own shows. Knight will star in My Fair Brady, premiering Sunday at 9:30 p.m. Bonaduce will star in Breaking Bonaduce premiering Sunday at 10:30 p.m.
In Brady, Lovebirds Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry first met on VH1's The Surreal Life 4. Now, a year later the two are living together and the twice married Chris is having commitment issues. Adrianne, on the other hand, is ready to start a family and gives Chris and ultimatum...either step up or I'm moving out. And in Bonaduce, America remembers Danny Bonaduce as the cute but spunky Danny Partridge in the 1970's classic series The Partridge Family. Since then however, this former child star has lived a life filled with dichotomy as the hard partying "bad guy" while also trying to remain a loving family man.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.