Thursday, March 03, 2016
Your list will even get fuller. Season 2 of Fuller House is coming soon to Netflix! The Tanner family will be back again for more fun. On Friday, February 26 Netflix launched the first season of 13-episodes of Fuller House, in all territories where Netflix is available. In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure) recently widowed and living in San Francisco. D.J.'s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin) and D.J.'s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber), along with Kimmy's feisty teenage daughter Ramona (Soni Nicole Bringas), all move in to help take care of D.J.'s three boys - the rebellious 12-year-old Jackson (Michael Champion), neurotic 7-year-old Max (Elias Harger) and her newborn baby, Tommy Jr (Messitt Twins). Guest appearances by John Stamos (Jesse Katsopolis), Bob Saget (Danny Tanner), Dave Coulier (Joey Gladstone), Lori Loughlin (Becky Katsopolis) and Scott Weinger (Steve Hale).
Nickelodeon had its annual upfront presentation yesterday in NYC. Nick currently owns the top live-action series with Kids 2-11 on all TV, led by Game Shakers. The net announced the renewal of the two series from hitmaker Dan Schneider: Henry Danger, for season three; and Game Shakers, for season two. Additionally, Nick has picked up another live-action hit The Thundermans for season four.
Joining Nick's live-action lineup are the following new series announced:
· Jagger Eaton's Mega Life (working title), picked up for 20 episodes, is an action-packed docu-series that follows 15-year-old skateboarder Jagger Eaton as he skates the world and hangs out with his inspiring idols.
· New England Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Champion and Pro Bowl tight end Rob Gronkowski will host the previously announced Crashletes, a 20-episode viral sports clip series featuring guest personalities from the worlds of sports and entertainment, along with the funniest, craziest clips and user-generated content.
· Ride, picked up for 20 episodes, follows the adventures of Katherine "Kit" Bridges who relocates to England with her dad who is joining the faculty at Covington Academy, an elite equestrian boarding school. Shot in Canada and Ireland.
· The Other Kingdom, picked up for 20 episodes, follows fairy Princess Astral who takes human form and enters the mortal world for 90 days.
As previously announced, Nickelodeon's slate of new live-action series on deck are:
· School of Rock, picked up for 12 episodes and produced with Paramount Television, follows a group of rule-abiding students who learn to take risks and reach new heights thanks to their substitute teacher, a down-on-his-luck musician who uses the language of rock 'n' roll to inspire his class to form a secret band.
· All In with Cam Newton (formerly announced as working title I Wanna Be), picked up for 20 episodes and hosted by Carolina Panthers quarterback and 2016 NFL MVP Cam Newton, takes real kids on the ride of their lives to help make their dreams come true.
· The Dudas (working title, formerly announced as Homeroom), picked up for six episodes, follows brothers Sam and Tyler Duda-polar opposites whose worlds are turned upside down after Sam skips a grade and joins his brother in 7th grade homeroom.
· The Ludwigs follows the adventures of five foster children who are on a quest to find out what happened to their foster parents after they mysteriously disappear. Filled with comedy, mystery and adventure, the kids must keep up appearances that everything's fine at home and fend off the Ludwigs' greedy and duplicitous heirs. This new project will yield two new series: an English-language, globally commissioned production titled The Ludwigs (20 episodes); and De Ludwigs (20 episodes), a Dutch-language production commissioned by Nickelodeon Netherlands.
· I Am Frankie (working title), picked up for 20 episodes, follows the comedic and dramatic adventures of teenager Frankie who has a very big secret-she's actually an experimental android who must hide her true identity or risk being powered down forever.
Nickelodeon will also air new episodes of returning live-action series Bella and the Bulldogs and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.