Thursday, March 03, 2016
Your list will even get fuller. Season 2 of Fuller House is coming soon to Netflix! The Tanner family will be back again for more fun. On Friday, February 26 Netflix launched the first season of 13-episodes of Fuller House, in all territories where Netflix is available. In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron Bure) recently widowed and living in San Francisco. D.J.'s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin) and D.J.'s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber), along with Kimmy's feisty teenage daughter Ramona (Soni Nicole Bringas), all move in to help take care of D.J.'s three boys - the rebellious 12-year-old Jackson (Michael Champion), neurotic 7-year-old Max (Elias Harger) and her newborn baby, Tommy Jr (Messitt Twins). Guest appearances by John Stamos (Jesse Katsopolis), Bob Saget (Danny Tanner), Dave Coulier (Joey Gladstone), Lori Loughlin (Becky Katsopolis) and Scott Weinger (Steve Hale).
Nickelodeon had its annual upfront presentation yesterday in NYC. Nick currently owns the top live-action series with Kids 2-11 on all TV, led by Game Shakers. The net announced the renewal of the two series from hitmaker Dan Schneider: Henry Danger, for season three; and Game Shakers, for season two. Additionally, Nick has picked up another live-action hit The Thundermans for season four.
Joining Nick's live-action lineup are the following new series announced:
· Jagger Eaton's Mega Life (working title), picked up for 20 episodes, is an action-packed docu-series that follows 15-year-old skateboarder Jagger Eaton as he skates the world and hangs out with his inspiring idols.
· New England Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Champion and Pro Bowl tight end Rob Gronkowski will host the previously announced Crashletes, a 20-episode viral sports clip series featuring guest personalities from the worlds of sports and entertainment, along with the funniest, craziest clips and user-generated content.
· Ride, picked up for 20 episodes, follows the adventures of Katherine "Kit" Bridges who relocates to England with her dad who is joining the faculty at Covington Academy, an elite equestrian boarding school. Shot in Canada and Ireland.
· The Other Kingdom, picked up for 20 episodes, follows fairy Princess Astral who takes human form and enters the mortal world for 90 days.
As previously announced, Nickelodeon's slate of new live-action series on deck are:
· School of Rock, picked up for 12 episodes and produced with Paramount Television, follows a group of rule-abiding students who learn to take risks and reach new heights thanks to their substitute teacher, a down-on-his-luck musician who uses the language of rock 'n' roll to inspire his class to form a secret band.
· All In with Cam Newton (formerly announced as working title I Wanna Be), picked up for 20 episodes and hosted by Carolina Panthers quarterback and 2016 NFL MVP Cam Newton, takes real kids on the ride of their lives to help make their dreams come true.
· The Dudas (working title, formerly announced as Homeroom), picked up for six episodes, follows brothers Sam and Tyler Duda-polar opposites whose worlds are turned upside down after Sam skips a grade and joins his brother in 7th grade homeroom.
· The Ludwigs follows the adventures of five foster children who are on a quest to find out what happened to their foster parents after they mysteriously disappear. Filled with comedy, mystery and adventure, the kids must keep up appearances that everything's fine at home and fend off the Ludwigs' greedy and duplicitous heirs. This new project will yield two new series: an English-language, globally commissioned production titled The Ludwigs (20 episodes); and De Ludwigs (20 episodes), a Dutch-language production commissioned by Nickelodeon Netherlands.
· I Am Frankie (working title), picked up for 20 episodes, follows the comedic and dramatic adventures of teenager Frankie who has a very big secret-she's actually an experimental android who must hide her true identity or risk being powered down forever.
Nickelodeon will also air new episodes of returning live-action series Bella and the Bulldogs and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
The Good Place - "Mindy St. Claire" / "Michael's Gambit" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the help of Chidi (William Jackson Harper) and Tahani (Jameela Jamil), Michael (Ted Danson) faces his biggest challenge yet. Meanwhile, Eleanor (Kristen Bell), Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) are faced with a monumental decision.
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and her friends contemplate their fates in the Good Place.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.