Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Antenna TV has announced its fall 2015 schedule and it will begin on Monday, September 14, 2015. The newest addition to the weekday line-up will be the '80s sitcom Family Ties. The Michael J. Fox comedy will air weeknights at 10pm & 10:30pm and weekends at 8pm & 8:30pm. Also joining the schedule will be two short-lived comedies airing on the weekend: My Mother the Car Saturdays from 1-2pm and It's About Time Saturdays from 2-3pm. If you are not familiar with the latter series, it's a caveman series that aired from 1966-67 and is from creator Sherwood Schwartz, and used sets, props and incidental music from Schwartz's other television series in production at the time, Gilligan's Island. Leaving the schedule for now will be Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Flipper, Gidget, Here Come the Brides, McHale's Navy, The Monkees, and The Patty Duke Show. As always with Antenna TV on new schedules, there will be a lot of time changes to existing shows... Too Close for Comfort returns to weekdays, airing 5-6pm. View the full Antenna TV Fall 2015 schedule and discuss these changes.
NBC has decided it is not moving forwards in its revival of Coach. The network gave the updated sitcom a 13-episode straight-to-series order last spring and mentioned it during the upfront. The series was slated to premiere midseason 2016. NBC was not happy with the creative decisions being made by Universal Television with the series. The premiere episode was already taped. With this news, Coach may still live on. Universal Television is reportedly shopping it to other networks (perhaps original network ABC?) and streaming services (i.e. Netflix). In this new revival, NBC described it as Craig T. Nelson reprising the iconic role that earned him an Emmy in this follow-up to the beloved series that ran for nine seasons. With original creator Barry Kemp at the helm, Hayden Fox's story picks up 18 years later when the retired coach gets back in the game to assist his son, who was just hired as head coach at an Ivy League university in Pennsylvania... where they know nothing about sports. Between dealing with the eggheads on campus and his hostile daughter-in-law at home, Coach will soon learn that he's not in Minnesota anymore. Talk about a Hail Mary!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.