Tuesday, August 18, 2015
"Tootie!" Yep, Mrs. Garrett and the girls from Eastland are going to spend Labor Day with you all. The Facts of Life is coming to TV Land and will launch with a Labor Day marathon on Monday, Sept. 7 from 9am-8pm! But wait, there's more! The Facts of Life will also air regularly on TV Land every weekday from 6-8pm following Gilligan's Island at 5. No other schedule changes will be made, except Gilligan's evening slot moves to 5-6pm instead of 6-8pm, cutting Bonanza by an airing. The Facts of Life has been airing on Viacom for some months now on sister network Logo, where it has done pretty well...and it will continue to also air on Logo as well. So it's double the fun for The Facts of Life! The series aired from 1979-1988 on NBC and starred Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields, Mindy Cohn and Nancy McKeon. Stay with us for continued updates!
Starz is currently offering multi-platform, nationwide sampling of its upcoming comedy block featuring the first two episodes of its new Original series Blunt Talk and the entire six-episode first season of Survivor's Remorse. In addition, Survivor's Remorse Executive Producer LeBron James and Blunt Talk series star Patrick Stewart are also sampling their respective series premieres on Facebook for a limited time prior to the linear season premieres on Saturday, August 22 at 9 PM ET/PT on STARZ. James began hosting free access to the premiere episode from Season 2 of Survivor's Remorse directly on his Facebook page exclusively for his 22 million followers on Friday, August 14. Stewart posted the premiere episode of Blunt Talk for his legions of Facebook followers on Saturday, August 15. On-demand and online sampling opportunities of the two Blunt Talk episodes and first season of Survivor's Remorse were made available beginning August 15 and will continue through August 25 via select U.S. cable, satellite and Telco affiliates, Starz.com, STARZ ON DEMAND and the free STARZ PLAY app for all users in the United States. Survivor's Remorse season one is also available on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox Video.
The sampling begins one week in advance of the comedy block premiere of the 10-episode, first season of Blunt Talk from MRC and executive produced by Seth MacFarlane, Jonathan Ames (creator and showrunner), Stephanie Davis and Tristram Shapeero; and the sophomore season of Survivor's Remorse from showrunner/executive producer Mike O'Malley and executive producers Tom Werner, Maverick Carter, LeBron James, Paul Wachter, Victor Levin and Hilton Smith. In addition to the online and on-demand sampling, a first season marathon of Survivor's Remorse, which The Washington Post called "screamingly funny," will air on STARZ on August 18-20 at 11 PM PT/ET. A sneak-peek of episode 201 from Survivor's Remorse Season 2 will be available on STARZ PLAY and STARZ ON DEMAND immediately following the season finale of the STARZ Original series Power on August 15 exclusively for STARZ subscribers.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.