Monday, August 24, 2015
A Different World, Happily Divorced Coming to Logo in September; FX and FXX Empire, Simpsons Labor Day Marathons
The multiple Emmy-nominated A Different World debuted as the #1 new show of its premiere season, staying at #1 in its time period for five consecutive seasons, with Jasmine Guy and Kadeem Hardison leading the cast. Now that series is coming to Logo for rerun play beginning in September. Effective the night of Tuesday, September 15 the '90s comedy will air on Logo on most nights from about 1am-4am. A Different World can currently be seen on cable on TV One, but we do not know just yet if they will continue to air it when Logo begins it this September. A Different World is also airing on digital multicast network Bounce TV, but that is not a cable network. Logo of course airs many other sitcoms like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Facts of Life, Soap, Designing Women, Will & Grace, The Golden Girls and Roseanne. Also, the canceled TV Land sitcom Happily Divorced will air on Logo beginning Wednesday, Sept. 2 from about 6-9pm every Wednesday. After 18 years of marriage, Fran (Fran Drescher) is shocked to discover that her husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) is gay. She must deal with this bombshell & learn to juggle both her new relationships & ex-husband who remains in their house post-divorce.
Hit. Sensation. Triumph. Smash. Phenomenon. Lots of words are used to describe popular television series, but in 2015, a new word summed up success better than anything else: Empire. Before the epic series' second season premieres on September 23 on Fox, get ready for the television event of the fall season that with FX's exclusive marathon of all twelve binge-worthy back-to-back episodes of television's biggest, boldest, brashest series. This Labor Day, FX has the Empire from 12pm-12am on Monday, Sept. 7! Remember the time Homer was Mr. Burns's assistant? Or when the Germans bought the nuclear plant? Or when Marge ran Moe's, or when Homer was a tow truck driver, or one of the family's many other wacky jobs? Of course you do. And there is no better way to enjoy your day off than by watching a relaxing marathon of The Simpsons' greatest work-themed episodes on FXX on Monday, Sept. 7 from 7am-2am. Because the next day, you have to go back to work (where you can only watch The Simpsons at your desk on FXNOW).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.