Monday, August 24, 2015
A Different World, Happily Divorced Coming to Logo in September; FX and FXX Empire, Simpsons Labor Day Marathons
The multiple Emmy-nominated A Different World debuted as the #1 new show of its premiere season, staying at #1 in its time period for five consecutive seasons, with Jasmine Guy and Kadeem Hardison leading the cast. Now that series is coming to Logo for rerun play beginning in September. Effective the night of Tuesday, September 15 the '90s comedy will air on Logo on most nights from about 1am-4am. A Different World can currently be seen on cable on TV One, but we do not know just yet if they will continue to air it when Logo begins it this September. A Different World is also airing on digital multicast network Bounce TV, but that is not a cable network. Logo of course airs many other sitcoms like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Facts of Life, Soap, Designing Women, Will & Grace, The Golden Girls and Roseanne. Also, the canceled TV Land sitcom Happily Divorced will air on Logo beginning Wednesday, Sept. 2 from about 6-9pm every Wednesday. After 18 years of marriage, Fran (Fran Drescher) is shocked to discover that her husband Peter (John Michael Higgins) is gay. She must deal with this bombshell & learn to juggle both her new relationships & ex-husband who remains in their house post-divorce.
Hit. Sensation. Triumph. Smash. Phenomenon. Lots of words are used to describe popular television series, but in 2015, a new word summed up success better than anything else: Empire. Before the epic series' second season premieres on September 23 on Fox, get ready for the television event of the fall season that with FX's exclusive marathon of all twelve binge-worthy back-to-back episodes of television's biggest, boldest, brashest series. This Labor Day, FX has the Empire from 12pm-12am on Monday, Sept. 7! Remember the time Homer was Mr. Burns's assistant? Or when the Germans bought the nuclear plant? Or when Marge ran Moe's, or when Homer was a tow truck driver, or one of the family's many other wacky jobs? Of course you do. And there is no better way to enjoy your day off than by watching a relaxing marathon of The Simpsons' greatest work-themed episodes on FXX on Monday, Sept. 7 from 7am-2am. Because the next day, you have to go back to work (where you can only watch The Simpsons at your desk on FXNOW).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.