Monday, October 20, 2014
TV Land is bringing back another '60s sitcom. Now it is Hogan's Heroes. The classic sitcom will launch tonight (Monday, Oct. 20) and air weekdays from approx. 6-7:30pm. As a result, The Beverly Hillbillies will now only air weekdays from 9-10am, followed by The Andy Griffith Show from 10-11am. Hogan's Heroes will lead into encores of The Exes at 7:30pm and that lead into Family Feud from 8-9pm. Returning in primetime from 9-10pm will be Everybody Loves Raymond into Friends at 10. Back to Hogan's Heroes, the series last aired on TV Land in 2010. Hogan's Heroes, the barracks sitcom produced by Bing Crosby's company, premiered on CBS on Sept. 17, 1965, and ran in prime time until July 4, 1971. Set in Dusseldorf in the middle of World War II, the premise is that American prisoners of war would have no desire to escape from a German prison camp if they could use their superior intelligence to aid other allies in escaping, while making their surroundings as comfortable as a luxury resort. Naturally, in order to accomplish all this, the Nazis running the camp, which included the Commandant, Colonel Klink (Werner Klemperer), and his main prison guard, Sgt. Schultz (John Banner), would have to be fairly incompetent.
CBS Corporation announced the launch of CBS All Access, a new digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network. CBS All Access will offer subscribers thousands of episodes from the current season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand, as well as the ability to stream local CBS Television stations live in 14 of the largest U.S. markets at launch. CBS All Access is available now at CBS.com and on mobile devices through the CBS App for iOS and Android. The service allows fans to watch more CBS programming online and on mobile devices, while introducing yet another monetization window for the Company's industry-leading content. CBS All Access will be available on other major connected devices in the coming months. For $5.99 per month, CBS All Access includes the following programming, with more to be added in the coming months:
· Full current seasons of 15 primetime shows with episodes available the day after they air.
· Unprecedented ability to live stream local CBS stations in 14 of the largest markets at launch, with more to be added as affiliates join the new service.
· Full past seasons of eight major current series, including The Good Wife, Blue Bloods and Survivor.
· More than 5,000 episodes of CBS Classics, including every episode of Star Trek, Cheers, MacGyver, Twin Peaks and CSI: Miami.
· Access to exclusive additional content for CBS Television's biggest special events, such as The Grammy Awards, The Academy of Country Music Awards and The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
· Ability to stream the Big Brother 24/7 Live Feeds service for no additional fee when the show returns next summer.
· Advertising-free environment for all CBS Classics.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.