Monday, October 20, 2014
TV Land is bringing back another '60s sitcom. Now it is Hogan's Heroes. The classic sitcom will launch tonight (Monday, Oct. 20) and air weekdays from approx. 6-7:30pm. As a result, The Beverly Hillbillies will now only air weekdays from 9-10am, followed by The Andy Griffith Show from 10-11am. Hogan's Heroes will lead into encores of The Exes at 7:30pm and that lead into Family Feud from 8-9pm. Returning in primetime from 9-10pm will be Everybody Loves Raymond into Friends at 10. Back to Hogan's Heroes, the series last aired on TV Land in 2010. Hogan's Heroes, the barracks sitcom produced by Bing Crosby's company, premiered on CBS on Sept. 17, 1965, and ran in prime time until July 4, 1971. Set in Dusseldorf in the middle of World War II, the premise is that American prisoners of war would have no desire to escape from a German prison camp if they could use their superior intelligence to aid other allies in escaping, while making their surroundings as comfortable as a luxury resort. Naturally, in order to accomplish all this, the Nazis running the camp, which included the Commandant, Colonel Klink (Werner Klemperer), and his main prison guard, Sgt. Schultz (John Banner), would have to be fairly incompetent.
CBS Corporation announced the launch of CBS All Access, a new digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network. CBS All Access will offer subscribers thousands of episodes from the current season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand, as well as the ability to stream local CBS Television stations live in 14 of the largest U.S. markets at launch. CBS All Access is available now at CBS.com and on mobile devices through the CBS App for iOS and Android. The service allows fans to watch more CBS programming online and on mobile devices, while introducing yet another monetization window for the Company's industry-leading content. CBS All Access will be available on other major connected devices in the coming months. For $5.99 per month, CBS All Access includes the following programming, with more to be added in the coming months:
· Full current seasons of 15 primetime shows with episodes available the day after they air.
· Unprecedented ability to live stream local CBS stations in 14 of the largest markets at launch, with more to be added as affiliates join the new service.
· Full past seasons of eight major current series, including The Good Wife, Blue Bloods and Survivor.
· More than 5,000 episodes of CBS Classics, including every episode of Star Trek, Cheers, MacGyver, Twin Peaks and CSI: Miami.
· Access to exclusive additional content for CBS Television's biggest special events, such as The Grammy Awards, The Academy of Country Music Awards and The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
· Ability to stream the Big Brother 24/7 Live Feeds service for no additional fee when the show returns next summer.
· Advertising-free environment for all CBS Classics.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.