Wednesday, June 25, 2014
CBS announced a multi-phase rollout for its new season with fall premiere dates ranging from the kick-off of NFL Thursday Night Football on Sept. 11 to the launch of its top-rated Thursday entertainment lineup on Oct. 30. On Sunday, Sept 21, CBS debuts most of its Sunday lineup the night prior to the official launch of the season, beginning with 60 Minutes at 7:00PM, the premiere of the new drama Madam Secretary at 8:00PM and the award-winning, critically acclaimed The Good Wife at 9. The bulk of the premieres will still be during premiere week, including on Monday, Sept. 22 with back-to-back episodes of The Big Bang Theory from 8:00-9:00 PM leading into the debut of high-octane drama Scorpion at 9:00PM, followed by the season finale of the summer series Under the Dome at 10:00PM. On Tuesday, Sept. 23 the season premiere of NCIS at 8:00PM leads into the series premiere of its new spinoff, NCIS: New Orleans at 9:00PM and Person of Interest.
On Wednesday, Sept. 24 we have the season premiere of the 29th edition of Survivor at 8:00PM, followed by the special, two-hour season finale of summer drama Extant from 9:00-11:00PM. On Friday, Sept. 26, we have the 25th edition of The Amazing Race debuting in its new time period at 8:00PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods from 9-11. On Saturday, Sept. 27, CBS airs the 48 Hours premieres at 10:00PM. And finally for premiere week, on Sunday, Sept. 28, CSI debuts on its new night at 10:00PM. Then we have post-premiere week premieres. Monday, Sept. 29 has Mom making its time period premiere at 8:30PM and NCIS: Los Angeles debuts on its new night and time period of 10:00PM. Then on Wednesday, Oct. 1, the season premiere of Criminal Minds at 9:00PM and the series premiere of the new drama Stalker airs at 10:00PM, launching a new, two-hour suspense thriller block. And finally, following the conclusion of Thursday Night Football, 2 Broke Girls returns with its fourth season premiere on Monday, October 27 at 8:00PM, as the Thursday series will return on Thursday, Oct. 30. CBS's Thursday entertainment lineup returns with The Big Bang Theory returning to its regular night at 8:00PM), followed by The Millers at 8:30PM and Two and a Half Men at 9:00PM, leading into the new family comedy The McCarthys at 9:30PM and Elementary rounds out the night at 10:00PM.
CBS is planning on returning its canceled single-camera comedy Bad Teacher this July to burn-off its remaining episodes. As of now, two of its eight remaining episodes have been scheduled. CBS will air two episodes on Saturday, July 5 from 8-9pm. CBS will likely air the other six this summer as well, perhaps July 12, 19 and 26. CBS also still have 5 episodes left to air of its canceled sitcom Friends With Better Lives as well. As for Bad Teacher, it was based on the hit feature film, and starred Ari Graynor as an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masqueraded as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband left her penniless.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.