Wednesday, June 25, 2014
CBS announced a multi-phase rollout for its new season with fall premiere dates ranging from the kick-off of NFL Thursday Night Football on Sept. 11 to the launch of its top-rated Thursday entertainment lineup on Oct. 30. On Sunday, Sept 21, CBS debuts most of its Sunday lineup the night prior to the official launch of the season, beginning with 60 Minutes at 7:00PM, the premiere of the new drama Madam Secretary at 8:00PM and the award-winning, critically acclaimed The Good Wife at 9. The bulk of the premieres will still be during premiere week, including on Monday, Sept. 22 with back-to-back episodes of The Big Bang Theory from 8:00-9:00 PM leading into the debut of high-octane drama Scorpion at 9:00PM, followed by the season finale of the summer series Under the Dome at 10:00PM. On Tuesday, Sept. 23 the season premiere of NCIS at 8:00PM leads into the series premiere of its new spinoff, NCIS: New Orleans at 9:00PM and Person of Interest.
On Wednesday, Sept. 24 we have the season premiere of the 29th edition of Survivor at 8:00PM, followed by the special, two-hour season finale of summer drama Extant from 9:00-11:00PM. On Friday, Sept. 26, we have the 25th edition of The Amazing Race debuting in its new time period at 8:00PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods from 9-11. On Saturday, Sept. 27, CBS airs the 48 Hours premieres at 10:00PM. And finally for premiere week, on Sunday, Sept. 28, CSI debuts on its new night at 10:00PM. Then we have post-premiere week premieres. Monday, Sept. 29 has Mom making its time period premiere at 8:30PM and NCIS: Los Angeles debuts on its new night and time period of 10:00PM. Then on Wednesday, Oct. 1, the season premiere of Criminal Minds at 9:00PM and the series premiere of the new drama Stalker airs at 10:00PM, launching a new, two-hour suspense thriller block. And finally, following the conclusion of Thursday Night Football, 2 Broke Girls returns with its fourth season premiere on Monday, October 27 at 8:00PM, as the Thursday series will return on Thursday, Oct. 30. CBS's Thursday entertainment lineup returns with The Big Bang Theory returning to its regular night at 8:00PM), followed by The Millers at 8:30PM and Two and a Half Men at 9:00PM, leading into the new family comedy The McCarthys at 9:30PM and Elementary rounds out the night at 10:00PM.
CBS is planning on returning its canceled single-camera comedy Bad Teacher this July to burn-off its remaining episodes. As of now, two of its eight remaining episodes have been scheduled. CBS will air two episodes on Saturday, July 5 from 8-9pm. CBS will likely air the other six this summer as well, perhaps July 12, 19 and 26. CBS also still have 5 episodes left to air of its canceled sitcom Friends With Better Lives as well. As for Bad Teacher, it was based on the hit feature film, and starred Ari Graynor as an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masqueraded as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband left her penniless.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.