Wednesday, June 25, 2014
CBS announced a multi-phase rollout for its new season with fall premiere dates ranging from the kick-off of NFL Thursday Night Football on Sept. 11 to the launch of its top-rated Thursday entertainment lineup on Oct. 30. On Sunday, Sept 21, CBS debuts most of its Sunday lineup the night prior to the official launch of the season, beginning with 60 Minutes at 7:00PM, the premiere of the new drama Madam Secretary at 8:00PM and the award-winning, critically acclaimed The Good Wife at 9. The bulk of the premieres will still be during premiere week, including on Monday, Sept. 22 with back-to-back episodes of The Big Bang Theory from 8:00-9:00 PM leading into the debut of high-octane drama Scorpion at 9:00PM, followed by the season finale of the summer series Under the Dome at 10:00PM. On Tuesday, Sept. 23 the season premiere of NCIS at 8:00PM leads into the series premiere of its new spinoff, NCIS: New Orleans at 9:00PM and Person of Interest.
On Wednesday, Sept. 24 we have the season premiere of the 29th edition of Survivor at 8:00PM, followed by the special, two-hour season finale of summer drama Extant from 9:00-11:00PM. On Friday, Sept. 26, we have the 25th edition of The Amazing Race debuting in its new time period at 8:00PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods from 9-11. On Saturday, Sept. 27, CBS airs the 48 Hours premieres at 10:00PM. And finally for premiere week, on Sunday, Sept. 28, CSI debuts on its new night at 10:00PM. Then we have post-premiere week premieres. Monday, Sept. 29 has Mom making its time period premiere at 8:30PM and NCIS: Los Angeles debuts on its new night and time period of 10:00PM. Then on Wednesday, Oct. 1, the season premiere of Criminal Minds at 9:00PM and the series premiere of the new drama Stalker airs at 10:00PM, launching a new, two-hour suspense thriller block. And finally, following the conclusion of Thursday Night Football, 2 Broke Girls returns with its fourth season premiere on Monday, October 27 at 8:00PM, as the Thursday series will return on Thursday, Oct. 30. CBS's Thursday entertainment lineup returns with The Big Bang Theory returning to its regular night at 8:00PM), followed by The Millers at 8:30PM and Two and a Half Men at 9:00PM, leading into the new family comedy The McCarthys at 9:30PM and Elementary rounds out the night at 10:00PM.
CBS is planning on returning its canceled single-camera comedy Bad Teacher this July to burn-off its remaining episodes. As of now, two of its eight remaining episodes have been scheduled. CBS will air two episodes on Saturday, July 5 from 8-9pm. CBS will likely air the other six this summer as well, perhaps July 12, 19 and 26. CBS also still have 5 episodes left to air of its canceled sitcom Friends With Better Lives as well. As for Bad Teacher, it was based on the hit feature film, and starred Ari Graynor as an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masqueraded as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband left her penniless.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.