Wednesday, June 25, 2014
CBS announced a multi-phase rollout for its new season with fall premiere dates ranging from the kick-off of NFL Thursday Night Football on Sept. 11 to the launch of its top-rated Thursday entertainment lineup on Oct. 30. On Sunday, Sept 21, CBS debuts most of its Sunday lineup the night prior to the official launch of the season, beginning with 60 Minutes at 7:00PM, the premiere of the new drama Madam Secretary at 8:00PM and the award-winning, critically acclaimed The Good Wife at 9. The bulk of the premieres will still be during premiere week, including on Monday, Sept. 22 with back-to-back episodes of The Big Bang Theory from 8:00-9:00 PM leading into the debut of high-octane drama Scorpion at 9:00PM, followed by the season finale of the summer series Under the Dome at 10:00PM. On Tuesday, Sept. 23 the season premiere of NCIS at 8:00PM leads into the series premiere of its new spinoff, NCIS: New Orleans at 9:00PM and Person of Interest.
On Wednesday, Sept. 24 we have the season premiere of the 29th edition of Survivor at 8:00PM, followed by the special, two-hour season finale of summer drama Extant from 9:00-11:00PM. On Friday, Sept. 26, we have the 25th edition of The Amazing Race debuting in its new time period at 8:00PM, followed by the season premieres of Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods from 9-11. On Saturday, Sept. 27, CBS airs the 48 Hours premieres at 10:00PM. And finally for premiere week, on Sunday, Sept. 28, CSI debuts on its new night at 10:00PM. Then we have post-premiere week premieres. Monday, Sept. 29 has Mom making its time period premiere at 8:30PM and NCIS: Los Angeles debuts on its new night and time period of 10:00PM. Then on Wednesday, Oct. 1, the season premiere of Criminal Minds at 9:00PM and the series premiere of the new drama Stalker airs at 10:00PM, launching a new, two-hour suspense thriller block. And finally, following the conclusion of Thursday Night Football, 2 Broke Girls returns with its fourth season premiere on Monday, October 27 at 8:00PM, as the Thursday series will return on Thursday, Oct. 30. CBS's Thursday entertainment lineup returns with The Big Bang Theory returning to its regular night at 8:00PM), followed by The Millers at 8:30PM and Two and a Half Men at 9:00PM, leading into the new family comedy The McCarthys at 9:30PM and Elementary rounds out the night at 10:00PM.
CBS is planning on returning its canceled single-camera comedy Bad Teacher this July to burn-off its remaining episodes. As of now, two of its eight remaining episodes have been scheduled. CBS will air two episodes on Saturday, July 5 from 8-9pm. CBS will likely air the other six this summer as well, perhaps July 12, 19 and 26. CBS also still have 5 episodes left to air of its canceled sitcom Friends With Better Lives as well. As for Bad Teacher, it was based on the hit feature film, and starred Ari Graynor as an always inappropriate, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife who masqueraded as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband left her penniless.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.