Thursday, June 26, 2014
ABC Family Celebrates Christmas with Half-mas Marathon; The CW Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; MeTV Remembers Eli Wallach as Mr. Freeze
Yesterday ABC Family marked the halfway point to Christmas by adding a mix of original and acquired ABC Family holiday movies to its WATCH ABC Family App. With only 182 days left until Christmas, ABC Family invites the audience to sit back and enjoy "The Half-mas MERRY-THON," featuring ten of the network's popular holiday movies. Available on the app for only two weeks, this playlist is sure to bring tidings of good cheer and chase the bah-humbugs out of any Scrooge. WATCH ABC Family allows viewers with participating TV subscription services access to 24/7 live viewing of the network, as well as on-demand access to the most current episodes of the network's popular series at home and on-the-go via a wide array of devices, including desktops, smartphones and tablets.
The ten movies featured are a mix of classic ABC Family original movies and classic Christmas TV movies. Available are: A Very Brady Christmas, Christmas Cupid, Snowglobe, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2, 12 Dates of Christmas, The Mistle-Tones, Holidaze, Holiday in Handcuffs, and Christmas Bounty. You'll see stars like Florence Henderson, Barry Williams, Ashley Benson, Christina Milian, Jenny McCarthy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Tia Mowry, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez. Get in to the half-way Christmas spirit and get a jump start on "Christmas in July!"
The CW Network will strategically roll-out its Fall 2014 launch this October with two highly anticipated new series, The Flash and Jane the Virgin, joining returning favorites. For the third year, The CW will kick off the new season with an exclusive telecast of the biggest concert of the year, the iHeart Radio Music Festival, airing over two nights, Monday, September 29 from 8:00-10:00pm ET and Tuesday, September 30 from 8:00-10:00pm ET. Then on Thursday, October 2, all-new seasons of bloody, sexy drama return with the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries at 8 followed by Mary, Queen of Scots continuing her Reign at 9. The Originals returns to wreak havoc on a new night, Monday, October 6 at 8, followed by a special retrospective look back at the past nine seasons of Supernatural at 9. One of the most buzzed-about new series of the season, The Flash, starring Grant Gustin as the Fastest Man Alive, premieres Tuesday, October 7 at 8 leading into the return of the Winchester brothers in the tenth season premiere of Supernatural at 9.
Oliver Queen fights to protect Starling City in the third season premiere of Arrow on Wednesday, October 8 at 8, followed by a special encore presentation of the series debut of The Flash at 9. The CW's heartwarming new one-hour comedy Jane The Virgin, starring Gina Rodriguez, premieres Monday, October 13 at 9. And finally, the critically-acclaimed adventure drama The 100 returns Wednesday, October 22 at 9.
The MeTV Network will pay tribute to the late Eli Wallach this Saturday (June 28). They will air both of his Batman episodes starting at 7:00pm ET, as a tribute. He of course played Mr. Freeze on the classic '60s series in this arc. George Sanders and Otto Preminger were also Mr. Freeze during the series run. The episodes airing with Wallach are "Ice Spy" and "The Duo Defy." MeTV will air both of those. Mr. Wallach was 98.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 7
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of the annual fright fest Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Sliding Bobs" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bob notices that he has started to lose his hair. In a wave of nostalgia, Linda reminisces about Bob’s mustache and how it made her fall for him years ago. Meanwhile, the kids tell their own versions of the story of how their parents met.
The Simpsons - "Halloween of Horror" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Lisa becomes scared at the Krustyland Halloween Horror Night, Homer is forced to take down his Everscream Terrors decorations. Halloween pop-up employees seek vengeance on Homer for causing them to lose their jobs, and rob his house while Homer and Lisa hide out in the attic. Homer and Lisa light up their stored holiday decorations to attract attention and stand up to the intruders.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Loveable Jackass" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After sales for their hangover cure are slower than expected, the guys decide to take part in a drug trial for quick cash, but their plans are unexpectedly derailed by Paul Abdul (guest-starring as herself). Meanwhile, Kelly faces an awkward situation after spending time with Leslie and Josh.
Family Guy - "Pilling Them Softly" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie is diagnosed with ADD and prescribed Adderall, which Brian takes to write a 2000-page proposal to pitch to author George R.R. Martin at a book convention. Meanwhile, Quagmire and Peter compete, Iron Chef-style, to determine which of them gets to keep his new cooking show.
Bordertown - "Borderwall" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bud fights to get a border wall constructed using confiscated drug money, only to have the wall destroy the economy, leaving him jobless. He then begins smuggling immigrants under the wall to make ends meet.
Sunday, February 7
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch Tina on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after the Super Bowl on CBS.
- Adam DeVine (Modern Family/Workaholics) - Adam is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden on CBS.
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.