Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Everybody's smiling when The Brady Bunch cast reunites to celebrate Florence Henderson's 80th birthday, on the talk show The Talk, airing tomorrow (Thursday, Feb. 13) at 2:00PM, ET/1:00PM, PT/CT on CBS. Original cast members Florence Henderson (Carol Brady), Christopher Knight (Peter Brady), Mike Lookinland (Bobby Brady), Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady) and Barry Williams (Greg Brady) will appear live in-studio. Ann B. Davis (Alice Nelson) and Eve Plumb (Jan Brady) will deliver special taped birthday messages. Cast members will share fun behind-the-scenes tales from their days on The Brady Bunch set, reminisce about favorite memories and episodes, and share personal stories about their television mom. Chef Jason Santos will prepare the classic Brady dish, pork chops and applesauce, in a homage to the memorable episode in which Peter Brady impersonates Humphrey Bogart saying, "Pork chops and applesauce...isn't that swell!" The Talk hosts will celebrate the Brady matriarch's birthday and the '70s classic TV show by recreating the famous show opening title sequence and donning wardrobe from that era. Additionally, The Talk set will be transformed into a 1970s living room, featuring retro-style furniture, wood paneling and over-sized photos of The Brady Bunch cast in character. The Brady Bunch, which premiered 44 years ago, revolved around a large blended family which included six children. The show premiered Sept. 26. 1969 and ran until March 8, 1974 on ABC.
Hallmark Channel announces five-time Emmy(R) winner and two-time Golden Globe(R) nominee Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show, Diagnosis Murder) will guest star in a revolving role that will feature television icons through the run of the first season of Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Hallmark Channel's highly anticipated new Original Series premiering April 2014. The series stars Eric Mabius (Ugly Betty), Kristin Booth (The Kennedys), Crystal Lowe (Smallville) and Geoff Gustafson (Primeval: New World) and is Created and Executive Produced by Martha Williamson, best known as the Executive Producer and creative force behind the mega-hit Touched By An Angel. Hallmark Channel's new original series is a wonderful combination of romance, comedy, and drama that follows the lives of a group of postal workers who transform themselves into an untraditional team of detectives to track down intended recipients of undeliverable mail. Their missions take them out of the office into an unpredictable world where redirected letters and packages can save lives, solve crimes, reunite old loves and change futures by arriving late but somehow on time. The series will showcase Van Dyke in a comedic role as their supervisor Kenneth Brandt, who's such a stickler for mailroom rules he literally manages the team from his manual... until he has a transformational experience. Stay with us for continued updates on him on this show and other TV icons!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.