Monday, February 24, 2014
NBC to Revive Heroes as Mini-Series; The Hub's Tia & Tamera-Thon on March 7 with 10 Sister Sister Episodes
NBC is bringing back its conquering Heroes. An iconic series that still commands a rabid fan base (with reruns airing on G4), Heroes will return to the network in 2015 as an event miniseries with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm. NBC has ordered 13 episodes for a new stand-alone story arc entitled Heroes Reborn, with all details of storylines and characters being kept under wraps. The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world. With the return of Heroes Reborn, NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling. The iconic sci-fi series, which ran on NBC from 2006-10 and was an immediate hit, ranked as television's #1 new drama with an average audience of 14.5 million viewers during its initial season. The show was Golden Globe-nominated in its first year of eligibility for best drama series; it won the BAFTA Award for best international series, the AFI Award, the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films Saturn Award, two People's Choice Awards and the Television Critics Association Award for Program of the Year. Fun Fact: The series remains one of the best-selling TV series on DVD of all time with more than 10 million units sold. Stay tuned for continued updates, as this is the second series to be revived, with the other being 24: Live Another Day, of course. But unlike that series, this series might be brand new characters all-around, but we shall see.
Last week we mentioned Sister, Sister coming to The Hub Network, but now we have one additional detail. There will be a special TGIF-style marathon! In celebration of this acquisition, viewers can tune in to the Hub Network's special "Tia & Tamera-Thon" featuring 10 fun-filled episodes on Friday, March 7 from 7pm-12am ET/4pm-9pm PT. Separated at birth, identical twins Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell (Tia and Tamera Mowry) reunite as teenagers and live under one roof with their adoptive parents, Lisa Landry and Ray Campbell (Jackée Harry and Tim Reid). Together, this unconventional blended family learns lessons in life, laughter and love. The Hub Network has acquired all six seasons of Sister, Sister (119 episodes), which is distributed by CBS Television Distribution, and will air it regularly weekdays 7-8pm ET and encores 2-3am ET. It's double the trouble and twice the fun! Tune in and stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.