Monday, February 24, 2014
NBC to Revive Heroes as Mini-Series; The Hub's Tia & Tamera-Thon on March 7 with 10 Sister Sister Episodes
NBC is bringing back its conquering Heroes. An iconic series that still commands a rabid fan base (with reruns airing on G4), Heroes will return to the network in 2015 as an event miniseries with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm. NBC has ordered 13 episodes for a new stand-alone story arc entitled Heroes Reborn, with all details of storylines and characters being kept under wraps. The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world. With the return of Heroes Reborn, NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling. The iconic sci-fi series, which ran on NBC from 2006-10 and was an immediate hit, ranked as television's #1 new drama with an average audience of 14.5 million viewers during its initial season. The show was Golden Globe-nominated in its first year of eligibility for best drama series; it won the BAFTA Award for best international series, the AFI Award, the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films Saturn Award, two People's Choice Awards and the Television Critics Association Award for Program of the Year. Fun Fact: The series remains one of the best-selling TV series on DVD of all time with more than 10 million units sold. Stay tuned for continued updates, as this is the second series to be revived, with the other being 24: Live Another Day, of course. But unlike that series, this series might be brand new characters all-around, but we shall see.
Last week we mentioned Sister, Sister coming to The Hub Network, but now we have one additional detail. There will be a special TGIF-style marathon! In celebration of this acquisition, viewers can tune in to the Hub Network's special "Tia & Tamera-Thon" featuring 10 fun-filled episodes on Friday, March 7 from 7pm-12am ET/4pm-9pm PT. Separated at birth, identical twins Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell (Tia and Tamera Mowry) reunite as teenagers and live under one roof with their adoptive parents, Lisa Landry and Ray Campbell (Jackée Harry and Tim Reid). Together, this unconventional blended family learns lessons in life, laughter and love. The Hub Network has acquired all six seasons of Sister, Sister (119 episodes), which is distributed by CBS Television Distribution, and will air it regularly weekdays 7-8pm ET and encores 2-3am ET. It's double the trouble and twice the fun! Tune in and stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 23
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Bob's Burgers - "Zero Lap Thirty" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Linda wins a contest to spend a dream weekend at the home where her favorite television show is filmed, things don’t go quite as planned. Back at home, Teddy’s back problems leave him stuck on the floor.
Bob's Burgers - "The Laser-inth" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gene accompanies Bob on the last-ever rock-and-roll laser show at the planetarium, but the night takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, Linda takes the girls out for dinner and Louise has a surprise revelation.
Making History - "The Godfriender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dan, Deb and Chris find themselves stuck in 1920s Chicago, with Al Capone (guest star Tim Robinson) holding their time travel bag hostage. Chris opts for a play-it-safe plan, using history to take out Capone, while Dan and Deb befriend him instead. As they teach him how to be a better mobster – and husband – they quickly realize that proving their loyalty may not be as easy as they thought.
Family Guy - "Hot Shots" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In order to “save” Stewie from autism, Peter and Lois decide not to vaccinate him and then proceed to convince the rest of Quahog to follow suit. Stewie runs away to save himself from diseases until Sean Penn (guest-voicing as himself) swoops in to save the day and brings vaccines to the whole town.
The Last Man on Earth - "Name 20 Picnics...Now!" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The gang throws a huge celebration canvassing every major holiday, but Tandy and Todd’s bro-mance hits a rough patch that threatens to end the fun.
Monday, April 24
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Watch Kathryn on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.