Monday, February 24, 2014
NBC to Revive Heroes as Mini-Series; The Hub's Tia & Tamera-Thon on March 7 with 10 Sister Sister Episodes
NBC is bringing back its conquering Heroes. An iconic series that still commands a rabid fan base (with reruns airing on G4), Heroes will return to the network in 2015 as an event miniseries with original creator and executive producer Tim Kring at the helm. NBC has ordered 13 episodes for a new stand-alone story arc entitled Heroes Reborn, with all details of storylines and characters being kept under wraps. The original series chronicled the life-changing stories of a series of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities. As the saga unfolded, they learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world. With the return of Heroes Reborn, NBC will launch a digital series prior to the 2015 premiere that will introduce the characters and new storylines. This leveraging of social media is a way for fans to re-engage with what was one for the true pioneers in multiplatform storytelling. The iconic sci-fi series, which ran on NBC from 2006-10 and was an immediate hit, ranked as television's #1 new drama with an average audience of 14.5 million viewers during its initial season. The show was Golden Globe-nominated in its first year of eligibility for best drama series; it won the BAFTA Award for best international series, the AFI Award, the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films Saturn Award, two People's Choice Awards and the Television Critics Association Award for Program of the Year. Fun Fact: The series remains one of the best-selling TV series on DVD of all time with more than 10 million units sold. Stay tuned for continued updates, as this is the second series to be revived, with the other being 24: Live Another Day, of course. But unlike that series, this series might be brand new characters all-around, but we shall see.
Last week we mentioned Sister, Sister coming to The Hub Network, but now we have one additional detail. There will be a special TGIF-style marathon! In celebration of this acquisition, viewers can tune in to the Hub Network's special "Tia & Tamera-Thon" featuring 10 fun-filled episodes on Friday, March 7 from 7pm-12am ET/4pm-9pm PT. Separated at birth, identical twins Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell (Tia and Tamera Mowry) reunite as teenagers and live under one roof with their adoptive parents, Lisa Landry and Ray Campbell (Jackée Harry and Tim Reid). Together, this unconventional blended family learns lessons in life, laughter and love. The Hub Network has acquired all six seasons of Sister, Sister (119 episodes), which is distributed by CBS Television Distribution, and will air it regularly weekdays 7-8pm ET and encores 2-3am ET. It's double the trouble and twice the fun! Tune in and stay with us for continued updates.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.