Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Logo has added '90s sitcom Living Single to its line-up. The series is mainly airing on weekend mornings starting at 8am but is also airing in Friday late nights starting at 1am after Will & Grace. The series didn't last long on MTV2 but now is on sister network Logo. There is no real set time for Living Single on Logo, so keep checking your listings. Living Single joins The Golden Girls, Roseanne and Will & Grace as the network's off-network sitcoms. But wait there's more! Logo will be adding NewsRadio to its line-up in a few weeks beginning the week of Dec. 16. It will be only airing a few times a week, mainly as filler, at 3:30am on some nights. As of now, that's all for that show but we'll keep you up-to-date as always. Stay with us!
Sundance Channel announced that actress Lisa Bonet will guest star in a multi-episode arc in the network's new scripted drama The Red Road, slated to premiere in early 2014. Bonet plays the role of Sky Van Der Veen, a Lenape Native American lawyer who has come back to her hometown of Walpole, NJ to rally for justice after a terrible crime has been committed against a member of her tribe. Bonet, best known for her previous role as Denise Huxtable on The Cosby Show, and A Different World, as well as parts in the films High Fidelity and Enemy of the State, joins previously announced cast members of The Red Road including Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones), Martin Henderson (The Ring), Julianne Nicholson (Boardwalk Empire), Tamara Tunie, Annalise Basso , Allie Gonino, Kiowa Gordon and Golden Globe® nominee Tom Sizemore (Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Pearl Harbor, Heat). The series recently wrapped filming near Atlanta, GA. The Red Road is a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop (Henderson) struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and cover-up occurs involving the cop's wife (Nicholson), an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and Phillip Kopus (Momoa), a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved. As was previously announced, The Red Road has been picked up for six one-hour episodes and hails from acclaimed writer Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband, Prisoners) and veteran producer Sarah Condon (Bored to Death). The series will be executive produced by Guzikowski, Condon, and Bridget Carpenter. Award winning director James Gray directed the first episode. The Red Road is Sundance Channel's second wholly owned original scripted series; its first was the acclaimed Rectify, which returns for a second season in 2014.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.