Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Spend the holidays with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs holiday episodes on BOTH Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Antenna TV, which airs on 83 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 67% of TV households, will be airing special holiday themed episodes beginning at 6:30am ET on Tuesday, December 24 and running through 4am ET on early Thursday, December 26. Programs include holiday episodes of: Father Knows Best, Hazel, Misted Ed, The Patty Duke Show, McHale's Navy, Green Acres, Bewitched, Diff'rent Strokes, Good Times, All in the Family, Maude, WKRP in Cincinnati, Barney Miller, The Burns and Allen Show, Jack Benny, Dennis the Menace, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Here Come the Brides, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, The Flying Nun, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, Barney Miller, Married...With Children and The Nanny. Antenna TV will also air the original Yule Log uninterrupted from 5-9am ET on Christmas morning. We will give you the full episode-by-episode schedule for Christmas Eve and Day on Antenna TV soon on our message boards...so keep checking back! "Oh buoy!" VH1 has acquired all 57 episodes of the critically- acclaimed sitcom Happy Endings from Sony Pictures Television. The VH1 deal marks the cable premiere for the single-camera ensemble comedy which originally aired on ABC for three seasons from April 2011 through May 2013. Happy Endings will begin airing on VH1 with a marathon of every episode beginning Tuesday, December 31 at 8p running through New Year's Day (Jan. 1) before settling into its new home on Wednesday nights from 7pm-9pm ET/PT beginning Wednesday, January 8, 2014. "Damn!" In addition to airing the show on VH1, the network has licensed rights to showcase episodes of the series online via its TV Everywhere platforms and also on the new VH1 App. Happy Endings offers a fresh and funny take on modern friendship and what one urban family will do to stay friends after the perfect couple who brought them all together, breaks up on their wedding day. Forget who gets to keep the ring -- when a couple splits, the real question is, who gets to keep the friends? In this modern comedy, a couple's break-up will complicate all of their friends' lives and make everyone question their choices. When life throws you for a curve, hold on tight to the people you love. Every circle of friends has someone who's the gravitational center. For years, perfect couple Dave (Zachary Knighton) and Alex (Elisha Cuthbert) drew their friends in and held them together. Now that they've split, does this group have the stuff to stay together? Or do Max (Adam Pally), Brad (Damon Wayans, Jr.), Jane (Eliza Coupe) and Penny (Casey Wilson) have to choose sides? Suddenly every event is a negotiation... like, who gets to go on the annual ski trip? There are a lot of big questions to be answered, but this group has been together so long, somehow, little by little, they'll figure out how to hold on, even though their center is split up. It helps that Dave and Alex have agreed to stay friends. But there will definitely be other complications down the road. This show isn't afraid to ask the embarrassing personal questions that inevitably arise in every long-term, close-knit group of friends.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 27
Cristela - "Latino 101" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Trent picks Cristela to sit at his table for the trial of a landlord accused of not renting to minorities. But his reason for doing so – to show a minority on the landlord’s side – backfires on him, and Cristela must decide whether to use an advantage she did not earn through hard work. Meanwhile, as Alberto starts bonding with Natalia, Daniela becomes suspicious that perhaps he’s “using Ama to get in good with Cristela.
Cristela - "Great Expectations" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cristela is tasked with persuading Maddie to improve her work ethic; while Daniela is away on a work trip, Felix must take care of the kids by himself.
Jessie - "Karate Kid-tastrophe" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emma gets into trouble at school and Jessie is unsure of how to handle it; Luke trains Zuri for her upcoming karate belt test.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets First Date" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cory agrees to let Lucas take Riley on a date but only if Maya and Farkle go with them as chaperones.
Friday, March 27
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy are guests on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Laurie Metcalf (The McCartyhs/The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Laurie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nick Zano (One Big Happy/What I Like About You) - Nick stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian co-hosts NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Linda Cardellini (The Goode Family/Guys Like Us) - Linda will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.