Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Ring in the New Year with your favorite sitcom stars as Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast broadcast network, airs a series of marathons on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. On New Year's Eve (December 31, 2013), Antenna TV, which airs on 83 affiliates across the U.S. reaching 67% of TV households, will ring in 2014 with the second annual "The New Year's Eve Curtain Call with Benny and Burns & Allen" a Burns and Allen Show and a Jack Benny Program marathon beginning at 7pm ET on Tuesday, December 31 and running through 3am ET on Wednesday, January 1. Then on New Year's Day (January 1, 2014), Antenna TV will air its annual Three Stooges marathon from 3a ET-9a ET. When Antenna TV launched on January 1, 2011, the network made its debut with The Three Stooges. Antenna TV now airs a Three Stooges Marathon each year on New Year's Day to commemorate the anniversary, with 2014 celebrating the start of Antenna TV's 4th successful year on air. Finally, on Thursday, January 2, Antenna TV will air "The Fresh Start Marathon." It will be pilot episodes of your favorite shows followed by the second episode of each show! Get a fresh start with Antenna TV from 11am ET-5am ET on Thursday, January 2. Programs include the first and second episodes of: Hazel, McHale's Navy, The Patty Duke Show, Dennis the Menace, Misted Ed, Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Good Times, Diff'rent Strokes, All in the Family, Maude, Father Knows Best, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Sanford & Son. Stay with us for further information!
A couple months ago we told you about Fantasy Island starting on Cozi TV with a marathon on Dec. 8, now we have more news on that series and another show. First off, Fantasy Island got a preview marathon on Dec. 8 and it will join the Sunday night line-up regularly beginning Sunday, December 29, 2013. The series will air Sundays at 8pm & 9pm. Leading in will be Magnum P.I. at 7pm and leading out will be Bionic Woman at 10pm to form a new Sunday night block. Starting Thursday, December 26, Cozi TV will add a new western to its weekday morning line-up. Joining the schedule will be reruns of the classic James Garner western, Maverick. The series will air weekdays at 11am replacing Run For Your Life. But that's not all for Maverick! The classic western will also air on Saturday nights to form a new Saturday night western block! Maverick will air Saturday nights at 8pm & 9pm into Alias Smith & Jones at 10pm. That's all the changes for now. Maybe come January they will add one of the series they announced already that are coming soon (Starsky & Hutch and Hart to Hart). Stay with us.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.